mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Bait bike on a rope 2 funny.

honda seatcovers
    winter warm and summer cool
    little lambs no more

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I saw one where they put soap under the grips, made the stem kinda loose and set the bike up fixie. Definetly not as funny as this.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Learux View Post
    That video is so 3 weeks ago.

Funny enough for a repeat performance and its own thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I could watch those for days, and I think they could do it for motnhs at the same spot before there was a shortage of bros willing to take the bike.

Duck Fonald
    Damn, I lol'd. Too bad the rope broke, tho. :*(
    “The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

George Orwell

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I had to watch it again this morning. After the third time watching it sets in that the guys setting it up seem like total jerks, too. Assuming it is not all scripted, wonder if anyone has pulled a gun on them after their laughs? Guys getting their nuts crushed might get furious once the pain goes away, which for some of those crashes probably took a week or more.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    I had to watch it again this morning. After the third time watching it sets in that the guys setting it up seem like total jerks, too. Assuming it is not all scripted, wonder if anyone has pulled a gun on them after their laughs? Guys getting their nuts crushed might get furious once the pain goes away, which for some of those crashes probably took a week or more.
    You just tried to steal a bike. You deserve all of it, the man bit crush, the laughter. But true, do this enough, someone will get pissed and not just run away.

Funny idea.

mtbr member
    I hate that video. only a bunch of self-important jackasses would do that to people. it's also probably illegal in most states. I checked, and what they did in this video was set an illegal boobytrap. imagine if someone had gotten injured for trying to take off with an apparently abandoned bike. that someone intentionally sabotaged!

I have to mention to elephant in the room- this video is based on race and class. it would have been entirely different if they had set it up in an upscale, mostly white neighborhood. why are we continuing to laugh at the desperation or black people in the "hood?" laving lived among people in that situation for several years, I find nothing about it to be funny.

sorry to be that guy, but seriously think about the victims of this whole situation and it is no longer all that funny.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Someone has their bike stolen.

Who is the victim? Generally, not the one doing the stealing.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    I hate that video. only a bunch of self-important jackasses would do that to people. it's also probably illegal in most states. I checked, and what they did in this video was set an illegal boobytrap. imagine if someone had gotten injured for trying to take off with an apparently abandoned bike. that someone intentionally sabotaged!

I have to mention to elephant in the room- this video is based on race and class. it would have been entirely different if they had set it up in an upscale, mostly white neighborhood. why are we continuing to laugh at the desperation or black people in the "hood?" laving lived among people in that situation for several years, I find nothing about it to be funny.

sorry to be that guy, but seriously think about the victims of this whole situation and it is no longer all that funny.
    I am not sure what you are trying to tell me. Just to make sure I watched the video again and thought it was still funny.

Lesson learned, do not steel bikes.

No room for political correctness when there is (bike) stealing involved.
    honda seatcovers
    little lambs no more

Bannėd
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Someone has their bike stolen.

Who is the victim? Generally, not the one doing the stealing.
    Yep.. Calling bike thieves victims reminds me of the lawsuits where someone breaking into a home/business sues for an injury they occurred while doing so.

I laughed

mtbr member
    No room for political correctness when there is (bike) stealing involved.
    Well, maybe sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-v2n62C9k

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014

FFS.

Who cares? Seriously, who cares? If it had a 9mm aimed center-mass that fired when you pedaled I'd be upset... But those were pretty tame wrecks and frankly they deserved worse for stealing a bike.

Why should race or socioeconomic status matter? The common denominator between all of your so-called 'victims' is that they were all in the commission of a crime. The 'trap' is not inherently predisposed to any group except criminals. Criminals should be discriminated against (not past-tense criminals, currently in the commission of a crime criminals).

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

I also live in the "hood" and to me this is funny. If you were to do this in an upscale neighborhood, the bike would be there until it rusted to pieces. Only then will someone come by to take it away to the trash.

Pro Crastinator
    totally scripted. who the hell doesn't see 100 feet of rope attached to a bike? i mean they actually did look to see if it was locked...

it's....
    Lesson learned, do not steel bikes.
    Steel is real!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Good catch, still funny.
    honda seatcovers
    little lambs no more

Professional Crastinator

Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    I also live in the "hood" and to me this is funny. If you were to do this in an upscale neighborhood, the bike would be there until it rusted to pieces. Only then will someone come by to take it away to the trash.
    I worked in a bike shop near an upscale neighborhood. All the same guys from this vid were stealing bikes in that neighborhood. Only difference is they had to take a bus to get there before they rode home on someone else's bike.

Or maybe in the neighborhood in the vid, bikes are public and everyone shares them. Then these guys are real d!x.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

Pro Crastinator
    ...I have to mention to elephant in the room- this video is based on race and class....
    please. get dafuk outta here with that bullsh!t. you obviously missed the part where half the "perps" where white...

mtbr member

Bro, be a more politically correct brain-washed pansy. You can't.

mtbr member
    I figured to would get bad comments for my statement, but I stand behind it. not apologizing for pointing out racist crap when I see it. hope I make some bubbas get all hot and bothered and spill their budweisers. I will have to see if I can get Tim Wise to comment on this. that guy is angry.

mtbr member
    I figured to would get bad comments for my statement, but I stand behind it. not apologizing for pointing out racist crap when I see it. hope I make some bubbas get all hot and bothered and spill their budweisers. I will have to see if I can get Tim Wise to comment on this. that guy is angry.
    Bubbas? Are you referring to poor white people? Maybe you're the racist here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Assuming that it is not scripted, which it could be, after watching it several times I tend to agree with you. These guys are not trying to prevent crimes. I love Bait Car, for example. But here they are laughing at the expense of people who are probably not well-off, or just downright poor. I am all in favor of conducting a sting to deter crime. But these sods are just laughing at others. In fact, they see poor people as objects for their entertainment.

These guys are not even like Bronson in Death Wish 1-3, they haven't had their bikes stolen and are fed up with the apathy and corrupt law enforcement. They are just laughing at poor people under the guise of being a crime victim. The bike means so much to him he can hardly stop laughing when the guy rides away after the rope breaks. Assuming it isn't scripted, if they mess with the wrong guy they won't be laughing long. In fact, I can't believe someone didn't just go at them when they came up, which is one reason I think it is scripted, or at least they may have paid guys to ride the bikes?

mtbr member
    Assuming that it is not scripted, which it could be, after watching it several times I tend to agree with you. These guys are not trying to prevent crimes. I love Bait Car, for example. But here they are laughing at the expense of people who are probably not well-off, or just downright poor. I am all in favor of conducting a sting to deter crime. But these sods are just laughing at others. In fact, they see poor people as objects for their entertainment.

These guys are not even like Bronson in Death Wish 1-3, they haven't had their bikes stolen and are fed up with the apathy and corrupt law enforcement. They are just laughing at poor people under the guise of being a crime victim. The bike means so much to him he can hardly stop laughing when the guy rides away after the rope breaks. Assuming it isn't scripted, if they mess with the wrong guy they won't be laughing long. In fact, I can't believe someone didn't just go at them when they came up, which is one reason I think it is scripted, or at least they may have paid guys to ride the bikes?
    People gotta lighten up. No one was killed. No one was badly hurt. Some people crashed on bikes and it was funny. The sociopolitical analysis is tiresome.

mtbr member
    They are just laughing at poor people under the guise of being a crime victim.
    bingo. setting a trap where actual injury could occur is not funny. using poor people for entertainment is asinine.

mtbr member
    bingo. setting a trap where actual injury could occur is not funny. using poor people for entertainment is asinine.
    Don't steal things. Anything. Leave other peoples stuff alone. If you do, you deserve a whack in the nuts and to have people laugh at you.

mtbr member
    Lol, Tim Wise. That guy is a race war starting jerk. But I agree with you about the racial thing, 'cause the bike stealers Dindu Nuffins!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    Don't steal things. Anything. Leave other peoples stuff alone. If you do, you deserve a whack in the nuts and to have people laugh at you.
    First, I am not arguing or angry, just keeping the conversation going.

I wouldn't equate the guys conducting this with judges or law enforcement. They have no standing, they are just out to laugh at the expense of others.

Second, we know nothing about the guys who make this happen. How can they sit behind the camera and be the moral judge? Who the hell are they? Maybe they should be filmed 24/7 to see what is revealed from their lives before they go around trying to pull some pranks on poor people, who they may think "need to be taught a lesson." The latter is gratuitous, as I don't think they are being instructive--they just like laughing at the expense of others and this is what they came up with.

Maybe they could prank a starving person with the temptation of stealing a McDonalds meal. Or maybe they can prank people as a concentration camp guard, tricking them into thinking they are getting a shower and then laughing so hard when they realized they are screwed. Okay, the last example was crossing the line, but these guys are robbing people of their dignity and laughing their asses off about it. Now maybe a person stealing a bike doesn't have a whole lot of dignity left, but they are still humans, and I don't sense that these people see them as humans. They see them as objects for their entertainment.

Duck Fonald
    First, I am not arguing or angry, just keeping the conversation going.

I wouldn't equate the guys conducting this with judges or law enforcement. They have no standing, they are just out to laugh at the expense of others.

Second, we know nothing about the guys who make this happen. How can they sit behind the camera and be the moral judge? Who the hell are they? Maybe they should be filmed 24/7 to see what is revealed from their lives before they go around trying to pull some pranks on poor people, who they may think "need to be taught a lesson." The latter is gratuitous, as I don't think they are being instructive--they just like laughing at the expense of others and this is what they came up with.

Maybe they could prank a starving person with the temptation of stealing a McDonalds meal. Or maybe they can prank people as a concentration camp guard, tricking them into thinking they are getting a shower and then laughing so hard when they realized they are screwed. Okay, the last example was crossing the line, but these guys are robbing people of their dignity and laughing their asses off about it. Now maybe a person stealing a bike doesn't have a whole lot of dignity left, but they are still humans, and I don't sense that these people see them as humans. They see them as objects for their entertainment.
    If I were to set up a sting like this, it wouldn't be to laugh at the "poor" people stealing bikes, it would be comeuppance for all my bikes I've had stolen over the years. I would not be able to hurt these "victims" as much as I would like, the technology's not there, yet.

Bike thieves suck. Stupendously. If you haven't had a bike stolen, you don't know wtf you're talking about and shouldn't even be partaking in this thread.
    “The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

George Orwell

Bannėd
    Get over it already.. The guys stealing the bikes don't look like they are at their last leg and if they don't steal that bike they won't eat another meal. Seriously though, a concentration camp reference? Lol, get off of your soapbox guys.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I agree the punishment is not hard enough. Waiting for a device that shoots a steel rod out of the saddle pin through the saddle into a bike stealing dude(!)

Get over the political correctness nonsense and recognize what you see. A bunch of bike stealing individuals.

If you never had your bike stolen you shouldn't even be participating in this thread.

I know if it happened to you, you would be laughing at these punks.

Next
    Last edited by Learux; 10-28-2015 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Chance of misreading the intent.
    honda seatcovers
    little lambs no more

Elitest thrill junkie
    Don't steal bikes bro.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Don't Tread on Me
    There is no way the guys who made the video are angry. It looks to me like they were having fun with the "victims", instead of being angry with them. In fact, the video starts with one of the producers roaching himself.

The angry one here is m_t who wants find a reason to get his panties in a bunch.

These bike thieves got off easy if you asked me.
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

BM and PQ Trail Rep
    Not advocating and eye for and eye, but is the punishment justified by the crime? If the law were to get involved, the folks setting up the "sting" would most likely be in deeper hot water than the thief. Petty theft does not justify potentially maiming injury. Add the fact the "theft" was meant to happen by using a bait bike, it is now closer to entrapment. If you catch somebody at your house, that may be a different story, depending on the state.

Bike thieves suck donkey balls, we all agree. The problem is this group of cowboys are out just to injure somebody for a laugh. There is no legal ground to stand on.
    The world does not revolve around you but your actions impact us all!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy View Post
    Not advocating and eye for and eye, but is the punishment justified by the crime? If the law were to get involved, the folks setting up the "sting" would most likely be in deeper hot water than the thief. Petty theft does not justify potentially maiming injury. Add the fact the "theft" was meant to happen it is now closer to entrapment. If you catch somebody at your house, that may be a different story, depending on the state.

Bike thieves suck donkey balls, we all agree. The problem is this group of cowboys are out just to injure somebody for a laugh. There is no legal ground to stand on.
    This. Plus, the fact that they didn't call the cops to have the thieves arrested adds weight to the conclusion that their motive wasn't to catch thieves, but rather use them as unknowing video stunt men.

Thieves suck. I have little sympathy for the ones in this video, assuming it's not staged. I think even less of the guys who made the video. Real jerks.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

Bikesexual
    IMO - They are both wrong period. One for being a thieve (poor doesn't justify stealing anything, sorry!) The other for being idiots, and going about it the wrong way.

I was born and raised in Colombia, try owning a bike there? or a watch? or a ring? or a car? You blink and it's gone! And although this is due mostly if not all to poverty, does it make right?
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Okay, the last example was crossing the line.
    No, actually your entire post is crossing the line...

1. Whether or not the guys doing the video break laws is irrelevant; maybe if they do then they'll be on the receiving end of a similar prank some day, who knows.

2. Justice isn't always instructive, in fact the term 'justice' doesn't refer to the reeducation of the offender at all.

3. Starving people? Concentration camps? Seriously? The last kid, who may have even gotten to keep the bike mind you, had his bro hold his skateboard while he stole it. The kid is clearly not destitute. In fact none of them are. They simply saw the bike was unlocked and didn't have the moral fortitude to think 'I shouldn't steal that, even though I could.'

This reminds me of the debate that used to surround 'To Catch a Predator.' I don't feel bad for any of those guys either. If you engage in crimes that have real victims you should be aware that one day someone might stand up for those victims and take your dignity... Or life. Don't like that reality? Don't do the crime.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Setting a trap is unlawful because it is indiscriminate. For example setting a gun to shoot anyone who opens a door is unlawful because it does not discriminate between crooks and, for example, firefighters who are trying to put out a fire. If a land mine exploded when someone moved the bike, that would be unlawful as someone might be moving it out of the way. A rope that stops the bike when a thief tries to ride off is not indiscriminate.

Btw, just because someone is poor is no reason to think he or she is likely to steal.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    After living in the hood in Cleveland Ohio and losing a car stereo twice, a bike, a DVD player and a paintball gun then last year in PA my wife and I had our wedding rings, her engagement ring and Movado watch stolen I have nothing but contempt for all thieves regardless of race or class. They deserve much worse than some busted nuts.

Duck Fonald
    Quote Originally Posted by tim300wsm View Post
    After living in the hood in Cleveland Ohio and losing a car stereo twice, a bike, a DVD player and a paintball gun then last year in PA my wife and I had our wedding rings, her engagement ring and Movado watch stolen I have nothing but contempt for all thieves regardless of race or class. They deserve much worse than some busted nuts.
    Ya, that's pretty much what I said.

They steal. Fukc 'em.

George Orwell

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Its not like it was really even a trap. Like its against the law to tie you bike up with a rope. Its a poor security measure with hilarious results. But those idiots just didnt see the rope because they saw the lock on the bike and its not normal for a rope to be tied to a bike. So they saw what they wanted to see, a bike with no lock on it that could be stolen. Could have untied it, or cut it, or god forbid just keep going. Yah maybe filming it was in bad taste. But i dont care because i think it was funny. Im not a perfect person. I hope one of the thieves learned a lesson and turned their life around.

Sometimes i wonder if our societies rubber coated, dont hurt peoples feelings attitudes contributes to our current high crime, murder, obesity, etc, etc problems, and just the general sorry state of people.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Oh and those amateurs should have used a thin steel cable so it wouldnt break or have much stretch.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by junkyardkid View Post
    Sometimes i wonder if our societies rubber coated, dont hurt peoples feelings attitudes contributes to our current high crime, murder, obesity, etc, etc problems, and just the general sorry state of people.
    I've been stolen from a few times - bike, tools, etc. I despise thieves, and I don't much care about the thieves' "hurt feelings". What bothers me is this is all about vengeance and glee at inflicting pain on dumb kids falling into you trap, then crowing righteously about it to make yourself a you-tube star. They did it the for pleasure of hurting the would-be thieves. The thieves are low-lifes, the would-be vengeance squad is no better.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I agree with you gasp4air. I dont like the whole "jackass" stunt stuff trend. I also dont use social media and think its a problem. They didnt do this for any other reason then youtube fame. Nobody does anything just because anymore. But that does not in any way change my sense of humor, and some bike thieves getting whacked in the nuts while trying to steal a bike because they didnt see a rope. Thats some funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ochmonek View Post
    Yep.. Calling bike thieves victims reminds me of the lawsuits where someone breaking into a home/business sues for an injury they occurred while doing so.

I laughed
    Unfortunately our screwed up laws look after the criminals and not the real victims.

Any good immoral attorney can find a loop hole in any law.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    And these idiots crying that we are the problem for laughing at the criminals WTF!!!! They are criminals why should we feel sorry for them. This pussification of America is what is ruining the country

Motion activated
    I had my bike stolen when I was a kid and my wife's bike was stolen from my parents house.

I LMFAO.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

ozz
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    They aren't targeting poor people, they're targeting bike thieves. If they were targeting poor people they would put up a sign that says "FREE BIKE"...now that would be messed up.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    I've been stolen from a few times - bike, tools, etc. I despise thieves, and I don't much care about the thieves' "hurt feelings". What bothers me is this is all about vengeance and glee at inflicting pain on dumb kids falling into you trap, then crowing righteously about it to make yourself a you-tube star. They did it the for pleasure of hurting the would-be thieves. The thieves are low-lifes, the would-be vengeance squad is no better.
    So? I didn't know I needed to research the names behind all my entertainment before I can find it entertaining. You don't think you've ever liked a movie, song, book, etc. written by an a-hole?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    They are not would-be-thieves, they are thieves, they even got it on video.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDwayyo View Post
    So? I didn't know I needed to research the names behind all my entertainment before I can find it entertaining. You don't think you've ever liked a movie, song, book, etc. written by an a-hole?
    No doubt I have. I guess I just don't like seeing people getting hurt deliberately and for pleasure, even bicycle theives. Putting out the bait and laughing when they hit the end of the line, then crowing rightiously about it for you-tube glory is pretty low class in my book. If that's your thing, enjoy. I'd have been more impressed if they called the cops. I think the thieves and the vigilantes are about the same caliber of a-hole.

banned
    Apr 2010
    mack turtle

if I understand what you are saying, If you live in the hood and are poor, you don't have to have ethics? Am I understanding you correctly? just curious, because that is what I take out of your post.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Surf View Post
    Lol, Tim Wise. That guy is a race war starting jerk. But I agree with you about the racial thing, 'cause the bike stealers Dindu Nuffins!
    This x 87.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Should have face punted them while they were down

I quit e-MTBR
    "What's up guys, today we're in the hood," says the white guy. Then we see a half-dozen people failing to take the bike -- some grown-ups, some kids, all African American. We see the African Americans rolling around on the ground in pain afterwards, and most of us think this is hilarious.

It's called "BAIT BIKE IN THE HOOD."

I don't think it has anything to do with race, though.

The way I see it, the white guys who made this probably wanted to film this in the all-white suburban subdivision where they live, but they just couldn't the right diameter tree. That's why they chose "the hood," probably.

So anyone in our chalk-white sport who does find that video the least bit troubling needs to be shamed and belittled, if you ask me.

Duck Fonald
    "Chalk-white sport," indeed.

George Orwell

I like pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    "Chalk-white sport," indeed.
    And why is that?

Are Mtn Bikers a bunch of racists? Or perhaps the trails in the Ghetto suck? Same issue with Skiing, but to a lessor extent. More likely there is a simple lack of interest in riding bicycles or freezing one's ass off-all the while spending 1000s of dollars for the pleasure thereof.

I really can't think of any mtn biker or skier who would not welcome a nonwhite to join in. Folks, it just is how it is.

With that said, no one forced or coerced the would be thieves to steal said bike. They looked around before hopping onboard. Even said words expressing their good fortune towards their easy prize.

Perhaps it could even be argued that some of these fellows (note that all were male) might rethink their course in life. One could even argue this was a sexist video.

I have no problem with teaching thieves a lesson, regardless of their race or gender. Where is it written that is the right and proper thing to steal an unattended bike in a public park? Not where I live!

mtbr member
    I think this video is ageist! Why didn't they target anyone over 30? I am offended!

Don't Tread on Me
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBike View Post
    "What's up guys, today we're in the hood," says the white guy. Then we see a half-dozen people failing to take the bike -- some grown-ups, some kids, all African American. We see the African Americans rolling around on the ground in pain afterwards, and most of us think this is hilarious.

The way I see it, the white guys who made this probably wanted to film this in the all-white suburban subdivision where they live, but they just couldn't the right diameter tree. That's why they chose "the hood," probably.

So anyone in our chalk-white sport who does find that video the least bit troubling needs to be shamed and belittled, if you ask me.
    Hey, I've got an idea how to get some great video of thieves in a place outside the "hood". OldManBike, why not post your address so all these poor victims can come stay at your place? Get some video of what happens when these guys are not in the "hood" because they are in your house and yard. Be sure you have some welcome home gifts for them.

mtbr member

Another self hating white Marxist liberal. How 2015. Why don't you go to a gay wedding, while collecting all the guns you can find, then take them to Bruce Jenner's (oops sorry, Caitlin Jenner's) house to be destroyed, on your way to Europe to welcome all the "refugees" that are raping the native European women. That should take care of Slavery and the Holocaust responsibility for all of us White men. Then there won't be any more "victims" in the world and we won't have to lock our bikes up.

Big Mac

Bait bike on a rope 2 funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Surf View Post
    Another self hating white Marxist liberal. How 2015. Why don't you go to a gay wedding, while collecting all the guns you can find, then take them to Bruce Jenner's (oops sorry, Caitlin Jenner's) house to be destroyed, on your way to Europe to welcome all the "refugees" that are raping the native European women. That should take care of Slavery and the Holocaust responsibility for all of us White men. Then there won't be any more "victims" in the world and we won't have to lock our bikes up.
    What? What a tool you must be. What are you so afraid of?

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in SoCal View Post
    Setting a trap is unlawful because it is indiscriminate.
    Have you seen the police traps where cops deliberately leave a car unlocked with the keys in the ignition? Then once someone steals the car, car shuts down and locks, and carjacker gets arrested. Is that unlawful?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AshevilleMtBiker View Post
    Have you seen the police traps where cops deliberately leave a car unlocked with the keys in the ignition? Then once someone steals the car, car shuts down and locks, and carjacker gets arrested. Is that unlawful?
    Does the perpetrator get injured?
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    No they go to prison then get injured. Far worse spending 5 years getting your $#!+ pushed in then taking a quick shot to the pills

Duck Fonald
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmb65 View Post
    What? What a tool you must be. What are you so afraid of?
    Not afraid of sarcasm, that's fo sho!

George Orwell

Duck Fonald
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    I think this video is ageist! Why didn't they target anyone over 30? I am offended!
    Yeah, like an unattended wheelchair! Prob is, there's not enough memory in the cameras to record more than 2 of the AARP-ites stealing the thing.

George Orwell

I like pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    Jailed or injured-choices, choices. Given the choice of having my balls ache for an hour or spending a couple of nights in jail, then the trial, then 90 days in jail, then three years of probation. No one will hire me cuz I gots a record.

Juan think this thru and get back to me so we can debate

ozz
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Since the guy shooting the video was willing to "take one for the team" and sacrifice his balls for the video (he does a demo ride at the beginning and smashes his nuts like everyone else did), he's earned the right to film bike thieves getting the same treatment.

It's one of those "I wouldn't ask anyone to do something I'm not willing to do myself" things IMO.

Glad to Be Alive

you are an idiot...I had the bike tied to a rope so no one would steal it...
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    They aren't targeting poor people, they're targeting bike thieves. If they were targeting poor people they would put up a sign that says "FREE BIKE"...now that would be messed up.
    This hits the nail right on the head, as it were...

The guys taking the bait bike and getting their nuts busted are thieves. End of story. The might be poor, they might be in a comfortable financial situation - this is simply a guess made by folks here who are bordering on being social justice warriors. SJWs are bad and should be hated.

Here is an interesting point, though - to the guys here that are saying it is bad to laugh at these thieves because they are socio-economically disadvantaged; I have this to ask you; where did you get this information from? How do you know about the financial or social status of these scumbag thieves? Do you know personally some of these guys doing the stealing?

If you don't have any more information regarding these thieves other than that which is in the video, then what are you basing your appraisal on? The fact that the majority of the nut busted thieves are African American? Really? Racial profiling? Who is the racist now?

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014

Uh, they weren't all African American... What conclusions can I draw from your incorrect assumption that they were?

I quit e-MTBR
    Uh, they weren't all African American... What conclusions can I draw from your incorrect assumption that they were?
    That your reading comprehension skills are modest?

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    That your reading comprehension skills are modest?
    You said they were all African American (I read it twice even!) and they weren't... Care to enlighten me on how that is an issue related to my literacy?

Wasn't this thread in the General Discussion forum?

I quit e-MTBR
    You said:

Then you said:

You said they were all African American (I read it twice even!) and they weren't... Care to enlighten me on how that is an issue related to my literacy?
    The passage you're wetting yourself to prove incorrect is:

Then we see a half-dozen people failing to take the bike -- some grown-ups, some kids, all African American.
    So, how many non-African Americans do you count in the video failing to take the bike, What Conclusions Can I Draw From Your Incorrect Assumption Guy?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Moderator revenge is truly sadistic.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    You said:

Then you said:

The passage you're wetting yourself to prove incorrect is:

So, how many non-African Americans do you count in the video failing to take the bike, What Conclusions Can I Draw From Your Incorrect Assumption Guy?
    Wow, my reading comprehension does need some work! Interesting distinction given the discussion, but I'll simply concede that I was wrong and leave it at that.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Let me just say that I'm glad that none of the people that failed to take the bike got their nutz racked.

Bannėd
    Since there is only one bike related thread in OC allowed this must be "Hawg's Bike Thread: Volume Bait Bike on a Rope"

Let just say that I'm glad that none of the people that failed to take the bike got their nutz racked.
    The politically correct side of me agrees with this statement... The other 99% does not.

My arm hurts a little

Real question!!!

You're voting for Hillary arnt you?
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

mtbr member
    Wow, my reading comprehension does need some work! Interesting distinction given the discussion, but I'll simply concede that I was wrong and leave it at that.

Don't sweat it Dwayyo. You cant argue with a self hating liberal. Logic has left its mind years ago. He said the bike looked "abandoned" to the thieves, lol.

Duck Fonald
    Yeah, what's a thread about bikes doing in the OC???

George Orwell

Duck Fonald
    I'm naming my new band Bait Bike.

George Orwell

Rabid Lana Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ochmonek View Post
    The politically correct side of me agrees with this statement... The other 99% does not.
    Are you sure? Read it again closely.

Bannėd
    Are you sure? Read it again closely.
    Lol, that's what I get for trying to work while playing on the interwebs. Then I agree with your statement 100%!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    I'm naming my new band Bait Bike.
    Just don't play in "the hood". That would be racist.

Meatbomb
    Were any of them wearing ear buds? I hate thieves that wear earbuds when they steal a bike.

Don't Tread on Me
    Was there a Garmin on this bike. Were these guys taking credit for these adrenaline filled KOM efforts on the park path segment? Another Strava related tragedy.