Anyone do the Wim Hof Method?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,156

    Anyone do the Wim Hof Method?

    I fell off my kayak the other day in some rapids and needless to say the cold water was "rejuvenating". But I was surprised how quickly my body adapted and warmed up enough. It got me thinking about trying the Wim Hof Method just to try something new, push myself and see what it's like.

    Does anyone on here do it? Has it helped with anything?

  2. #2
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,720
    Hof is an interesting man, I'd be interested in trying his method but its been a while since I looked into it. I usually just try to focus on making my exhales twice as long as my inhales.

  3. #3
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    I usually just try to focus on making my exhales twice as long as my inhales.
    I have a hard time believing that statement.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

  4. #4
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I have a hard time believing that statement.
    That is fine, but

    It's really very simple and if I can do it, anyone can

    Simply inhale and count 2 seconds(or 3, 4,5) and then exhale for 4 seconds(or 6, 8, 10).

    I don't have any science to back it up that it will make you a faster cyclist, or more fit and healthy as a human being. It's something I do to help me relax, control any erratic breathing, settle my heart rate...it works for me, YMMV

    My dad gave me the tip years ago, but he's into all kinds of crazy holistic healing literature.

  5. #5
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    That is fine, but

    It's really very simple and if I can do it, anyone can

    Simply inhale and count 2 seconds(or 3, 4,5) and then exhale for 4 seconds(or 6, 8, 10).

    I don't have any science to back it up that it will make you a faster cyclist, or more fit and healthy as a human being. It's something I do to help me relax, control any erratic breathing, settle my heart rate...it works for me, YMMV

    My dad gave me the tip years ago, but he's into all kinds of crazy holistic healing literature.
    Bummers, thought you will get the joke.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

  6. #6
    Up In Smoke
    Reputation: Train Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,720
    Dang, that one flew over my head. Iím ok with anyone having a good laugh at my expense though

  7. #7
    Pipe Dreamer
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,348
    Is it ok if I do this technique with my mouth open?
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

  8. #8
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    35,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Is it ok if I do this technique with my mouth open?
    Itís not only ok but in some cases itís recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  9. #9
    Meatbomb
    Reputation: Phillbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,811
    I'm not even sure I understand what you guys are trying to accomplish.....

  10. #10
    Pipe Dreamer
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,348
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Itís not only ok but in some cases itís recommended.
    Woosh...
    This space intentionally left blank. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Similar Threads

  1. MTB HoF goes to Interbike
    By Repack Rider in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2016, 05:40 PM
  2. "Trips for Kids" benefit at Marin Museum of Bicycling/MTB HoF
    By Repack Rider in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2015, 09:33 AM
  3. which rim is du wim dat wims
    By broomhandle in forum 27.5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 09:46 AM
  4. Wanted: Wim Wecommendation
    By Appendage in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 05:31 PM
  5. Anyone racing WIM Battle in Seattle?
    By Dsgnomite in forum Washington
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 09:47 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.