The "Amazing Soup" thread.- Mtbr.com
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury

The "Amazing Soup" thread.

More often than not I would just like a good tasty bowl of soup for lunch or dinner. There are very few and far between good places to drop in and for a tasty bowl.

Outside of your home.

I hit up a place called "Noodles" frequently for some tasty pasta but I've never tried their soups. Today I ordered a bowl of chicken noodle soup and I must say aside from grandmas home made this stuff is amazing. It's now at the top of my list for a tasty bowl of soup while not at home. Post up your experiences and tasty places to go.

This menu photo doesn't do it justice. Next time I'll get a real live action shot for ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "Amazing Soup" thread.-image.jpg  

Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 10-08-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Rabid Lana Fan
    There's a trendy little place in Manhattan....the soup is out of this world, but it kinda sucks to eat there. The guy that runs the place is a weirdo. There's very strict ordering and conduct guidelines that he makes all his customers adhere to, or else he refuses service and asks you to leave and never come back.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

banned
    lol @ net

There's a Japanese place I occasionally go to (unfortunately, too close to REI to resist taking an extended lunch). They have a very good curry noodle soup that comes out of the kitchen molten hot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    There's a trendy little place in Manhattan....the soup is out of this world, but it kinda sucks to eat there. The guy that runs the place is a weirdo. There's very strict ordering and conduct guidelines that he makes all his customers adhere to, or else he refuses service and asks you to leave and never come back.
    Hey Jerry, I didn't know you liked soup!

Meatbomb

western NC
    But, but that guy got free bread!

Rabid Lana Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by HPIguy View Post
    But, but that guy got free bread!
    Just let it go.....
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Soup is loaded with sodium

The soup nazi was some of the best episodes.
    Soup us loaded with sodium.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Soup is loaded with liquids

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Soup is loaded with liquids
    Next!

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Soup is wet

Ho'lier than thou
    I mentioned I love Safeway's soup in some other thread.

Turned out they are based on the recipes by the real-life soup nazi.

Soup is wet
    Soup Therapy
    POSTED IN: NEWS
    A fact that both grandmothers and scientists can agree on soup is wet plus soups healing power. A bowl of soup helps boost your immunity, warm you up, and lose weight. Some of the ways that you can benefit from the healing powers of soup can be learned below. And many agree that soup is loaded with liquids.

Boosting Your Immunity

To function perfectly, the human immune system requires many minerals, some of which are absent in a typical Western diet. When foods are slowly simmered over low heat, only a few of the healing and energetic properties are lost. The boiling process destroys fifty percent of vitamins contained in vegetables. It is thus advisable for soup to be cooked over low temperatures or heat. Some of the ingredients to use in making immune-boosting soup include carrots, cabbage, onion, fresh ginger, shiitake mushroom, oregano, onion, squash, and seaweed in vegetable stock. All the ingredients should be simmered for thirty minutes.

Detoxifying Your Body

Just like other liquids, soup helps in flushing out waste from the body. When you select detoxifying ingredients, you are internally cleansing your body. Some of the ingredients that may be simmered over low flame to make a great detoxifying broth include sprouts, Brussels, anise, cilantro, Swiss chard, fennel, dandelion, garlic, kale, ginger, mustard greens, shiitake mushrooms, turmeric, watercress, and seaweed.

Getting Well Faster

Soup serves as a great healing food when one is sick. This is because digestion of stews and soup does not require a lot of energy. Hence, the body is freed up to fight the disease. Homemade chicken noodle soup can serve as a good example to show the healing abilities of soup. Research studies have shown that this soup relieves the common cold. It not only inhibits inflammation, but it also relieves nasal congestion.

TAGS: broth, Chicken Soup, comforting, energy, healthy, immune system, immunity, simmer, Soups, vegetables

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Soup Therapy
    POSTED IN: NEWS
    A fact that both grandmothers and scientists can agree on soup is wet plus soups healing power. A bowl of soup helps boost your immunity, warm you up, and lose weight. Some of the ways that you can benefit from the healing powers of soup can be learned below.

Boosting Your Immunity

To function perfectly, the human immune system requires many minerals, some of which are absent in a typical Western diet. When foods are slowly simmered over low heat, only a few of the healing and energetic properties are lost. The boiling process destroys fifty percent of vitamins contained in vegetables. It is thus advisable for soup to be cooked over low temperatures or heat. Some of the ingredients to use in making immune-boosting soup include carrots, cabbage, onion, fresh ginger, shiitake mushroom, oregano, onion, squash, and seaweed in vegetable stock. All the ingredients should be simmered for thirty minutes.

Detoxifying Your Body

Just like other liquids, soup helps in flushing out waste from the body. When you select detoxifying ingredients, you are internally cleansing your body. Some of the ingredients that may be simmered over low flame to make a great detoxifying broth include sprouts, Brussels, anise, cilantro, Swiss chard, fennel, dandelion, garlic, kale, ginger, mustard greens, shiitake mushrooms, turmeric, watercress, and seaweed.

Getting Well Faster

Soup serves as a great healing food when one is sick. This is because digestion of stews and soup does not require a lot of energy. Hence, the body is freed up to fight the disease. Homemade chicken noodle soup can serve as a good example to show the healing abilities of soup. Research studies have shown that this soup relieves the common cold. It not only inhibits inflammation, but it also relieves nasal congestion.

TAGS: broth, Chicken Soup, comforting, energy, healthy, immune system, immunity, simmer, Soups, vegetables
    See I was right, soup IS wet.

See I was right, soup IS wet.
    And upon further inspection loaded with liquids.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    And upon further inspection loaded with liquids.
    It's also MOIST. Did you consider that? It's a fact. True story.

gobsmacked Moderator

After working at a restaurant, I no longer like soup.

Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    After working at a restaurant, I no longer like soup.
    Next!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    A bowl of soup is a lot better when you have a
    grilled cheese sandwich with it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I had a bowl of seafood chowder this week in Anchorage, AK, that was pretty awesome. My favorite choice for soup out though is generally Pho and some of the other Asian inspired soups that have a tasty broth. I make it at home all winter in order to keep the sodium in check.

Weird huh?
    Soup is wet
    I let it go for 3 whole responses from you Hawg..... G******it! I just blew soup (sodium loaded and wet) out of my nose. I'm reading this thread at night after a long day and there's the damned Gorn telling me "Soup is wet"

That is all. That was hilarious, and I so needed a laugh! +++ reps, you made my day.
    Cheers!

El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle 7 points 1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

Weird huh?
    "Hawg"....."it is also moist, did you consider that?" Dry and sardonic humor... I'm still cracking up here! +++++

El Cid is Spanish for The Cid..
    cmdrpiffle 7 points 1 day ago
    Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for Cinco de Mayo

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle View Post
    I let it go for 3 whole responses from you Hawg..... G******it! I just blew soup (sodium loaded and wet) out of my nose. I'm reading this thread at night after a long day and there's the damned Gorn telling me "Soup is wet"

That is all. That was hilarious, and I so needed a laugh! +++ reps, you made my day.
    Cheers!
    Wow, you really do like soup.

Thanks for the reps.

EMBA Member
    Soup is a wintertime staple in my house. We have an awesome chicken noodle recipe. Another one called Gypsy Soup. Then there is the Portugese soup which is simple to make and awesome. I love split pea soup, and make it a couple times a year, although it grosses out my family. Just means I get to eat it all.

When I make soup, I usually double the solid ingredients to make it extra hearty. Awesome. Maybe I'll make some this weekend!

As far as restaurant soup, there is a Japanese place recently opened up not far from work that is very good. I usually don't care for restaurant soup because what I make is so much better most of the time.

banned
    Sep 2010
    I'm a Pho lover myself, but it does not love me.

BTW....those "Soup Nazi" episodes.......they were great. Thanks for the reminder.

ali'i hua
    Cheese Soup Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

one of my all time favorites.

High Desert MTBer
    I rarely use soap
    It's all Here. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I rarely use soap
    But have you tried soap soup?

High Desert MTBer
    But have you tried soap soup?
    Do you mean Me...nude...o?
    It's all Here. Now.

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Don't bend over and pickup the soap......................

Seriously!
    This is what I'm dining on right now. Noodles and Company tomato Bisque.
    So tasty words can't describe it.

How many minutes did that take.

The "Amazing Soup" thread.-image.jpg  

Fart smeller
    Seriously!
    This is what I'm dining on right now. Noodles and Company tomato Bisque.
    So tasty words can't describe it.
    Plain ol' Progresso Heart Healthy minestrone, with added garlic, ground pepper and Trader Joe's Parmiago Rosemary palladio rolls, toasted to a turn.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

Winter is soup and comfort food time here too. One of our favs is Progresso Tomato Basil Soup served with a grilled cheese sandwich made with Buffalo Mozzarella on the inside and garlic powder and freshly grated parmesan cheese pressed in to the butter on the outside. Grill using Pam spray or olive oil on the pan.

GONE
    Nov 2008
    Since zombies have been a hot topic here recently, why not make a fresh bowl of zombie soup? Here's a pic I found and if there isn't enough fresh meat in it, you can buy a pack of fresh kill to fill you own personal preference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The "Amazing Soup" thread.-flesh.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    May 2008
    They make a great soup/stew here in South Korea called Army Soup. Spam, Hotdogs, rice, noodles, all matter of left overs - so good on a cold day

Budaechigae/Budaejjigae (부대찌개) Korean Army Stew Recipe

Korean Army Stew (Budae Jigae) | Delicacious | Delicacious | A Food Blog
    "Budae Chigae was invented during the famine years of the Korean war and post-war period. Koreans managed to use leftover meat discarded or handed-out from the U.S. army bases to make this dish"

The "Amazing Soup" thread.-korean-army-stew-21.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Is it run by the "soup Nazi" from Seinfeld?

Ride More, Work Less

DJ- don't let the anti-soup movement turn your soup affair bland.

I made spicy chicken tortilla soup at this weekend's campout out --delish!

Pho--I eat it weekly!

Homemade egg drop soup --many times a month

Left-over throw together "soup", monthly.
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

EMBA Member
    Inspired by this thread, I made some Seafood Creole last weekend. Amazing stuff, although I didn't know I was out of cayene pepper, and didn't want to make another trip to the store, so the creole isn't quite as hot as I like it. But still a fine meal. Over rice with some garlic bread on the side. Oh yea!

Today's lunch was very satisfying.

Tomato Basel Bisque

YUM!

Tomorrow it shall be soup.

I didn't do it
    Tomorrow it shall be soup.
    Lunch or dinner?
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Love this. Korean Ox tail soup. Sul lung tang.

The "Amazing Soup" thread.-soup.jpg

Ooh, jjampong for lunch it is. We warmed up after football last night with Grilled Mozzarella Cheese sandwiches (with Garlic Powder and Parmesan Cheese pressed onto the outside) and Tomato Basil soup. It's the ultimate Italianish comfort food.

I discovered a soup at Olive Garden that trumps most other soups I've had.

Here's a copycat recipe of it.

https://www.allfreecopycatrecipes.co...d-Gnocchi-Soup
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 04-04-2017 at 08:48 AM.

mtbr member
    I make a wicked Pho from scratch, also some great Tom Ka gai. I got the recipe from Malee's on Main here in Scottsdale. If you ask for the recipe they will give you a copy.
    Dont make me go all Jonathan Winters on this gas station.