2020 Tour de France- Mtbr.com
    CEO Product Failure

Cool-blue Rhythm 2020 Tour de France

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/06/...d-to-know.html

If you're a Zwifter, giggity! New courses!

2020 sure is weird.

9 lives
    2020 Tour de France-118652945_10157908515563877_1485387406188022060_o.jpg
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    It's been an incredible race already (though yesterday was a bit quiet, but that's fine). It's thought that if the race ends early, standings will be as is which may be why they were going nuts on Stages 1 and 2. However, I believe that everyone is itching to race and it's been a short season so everyone is jacked up and taking more chances.
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

Up In Smoke
    It sure is exciting watching the two young Americans.

A waste of time it is is
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    It sure is exciting watching the two young Americans.
    .....and Caleb thread the needle to the line.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    .....and Caleb thread the needle to the line.
    Caleb blew the socks off of everyone in that sprint finish. I don't imagine he'll threaten Sagan's green jersey though. Really looking forward to Van Aert getting in on some of the sprints, but it appears he's totally in it to support Roglic.

A waste of time it is is
    Caleb blew the socks off of everyone in that sprint finish. I don't imagine he'll threaten Sagan's green jersey though. Really looking forward to Van Aert getting in on some of the sprints, but it appears he's totally in it to support Roglic.
    Agreed but another 3 or 4 stage wins will be nice. I think after loosing his two team mates on stage one made it very difficult for him to be a genuine contender for the green. I must be getting old, I fall asleep way too early now and end up watching the replays the next day.

Up In Smoke
    Is anyone going to challenge the polka dot jersey? That was a pretty pathetic effort from the peloton.

mtbr member
    Churned out 1600W.

mtbr member
    Saw that no riders tested positive for the covits, but team staff have. Uh oh.

Up In Smoke
    Romain Bardet says this is the highest level at the tour in his career. Just about every stage of this years tour the peloton has been minutes ahead of the fastest predicted finish time. Todays stage was pancake flat and the peloton was damn near 30mph average speed. I guess the bar has been risen? Or perhaps its fresh legs from the pandemic? Its been an exciting Tour and we passed a milestone today of stage 10. Basically, the Tour could end at any moment and they would have a declared winner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    Churned out 1600W.
    Thats not even reality.

Dudes are putting out 6+ watts per kilo for 20 plus minutes, which is what Lance was doing when he was full of drugs, but maybe humans have changed physiologically since Lance was winning on drugs?

Meatbomb
    Aren't the all on drugs?

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
    Thats not even reality.

Dudes are putting out 6+ watts per kilo for 20 plus minutes, which is what Lance was doing when he was full of drugs, but maybe humans have changed physiologically since Lance was winning on drugs?
    Lance was doing nearly 7 for 40min+.

Thatís a gigantic difference.

FWIW, athletes are skinnier than they were a decade ago. They (teams, riders) discovered that it was easier to reduce the denominator than increase the numerator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

chasing simplicity
    Listen to the last couple episodes of Lanceís podcast and he does remark that everything is now just faster than in his and Georgeís day: riders are fitter, bikes are faster, guys are younger...
    Never underestimate an old man with a mountain bike.

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    Listen to the last couple episodes of Lanceís podcast and he does remark that everything is now just faster than in his and Georgeís day: riders are fitter, bikes are faster, guys are younger...
    Itís kind of crazy re: bikes.

My aero road bike is dramatically better in every possible way compared to my Trek Madone of many years ago. Faster on the flats, faster up, faster down, rolls faster, better brakes, faster in a crosswind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Thats not even reality.

I imagine his power profile is available online to see what that duration was for 1600W; sprinters train for these numbers, so I'm a believer. These are the best in the world, theoretically.

YouTuber and racer 'VeganRider' posted a vid a year or so ago of him challenging a track sprinter....dude hit 2200W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLvqN9kwuo

mtbr member
    Romain Bardet says this is the highest level at the tour in his career. Just about every stage of this years tour the peloton has been minutes ahead of the fastest predicted finish time. Todays stage was pancake flat and the peloton was damn near 30mph average speed. I guess the bar has been risen? Or perhaps its fresh legs from the pandemic? Its been an exciting Tour and we passed a milestone today of stage 10. Basically, the Tour could end at any moment and they would have a declared winner.
    Super-flat stage....and plenty of crashes as a result.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Aren't the all on drugs?

One has to wonder but until they test positive, then...

mtbr member
    Aren't the all on drugs?
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Lance was doing nearly 7 for 40min+.

Thatís a gigantic difference.
    6.4 watts/kg for 24 Min is less than what lance was putting out, but I don't believe that humans can do that without drugs.

https://www.velonews.com/events/tour...4-f37d90aa7d56

Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    FWIW, athletes are skinnier than they were a decade ago. They (teams, riders) discovered that it was easier to reduce the denominator than increase the numerator.
    I'm pretty sure that none of the guys in the peleton can do a pull up!

You bring up a valid point though, maybe drugs are not as prevalent as I think, no way to know for sure unfortunately.

I imagine his power profile is available online to see what that duration was for 1600W; sprinters train for these numbers, so I'm a believer. These are the best in the world, theoretically.
    I do believe it, its just hard to comprehend what it would be like to be able to put out power like that, even if only for 10 seconds.

YouTuber and racer 'VeganRider' posted a vid a year or so ago of him challenging a track sprinter....dude hit 2200W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLvqN9kwuo
    I've seen that video, man, I've never felt so sorry for an stationary bike in my life!

Meatbomb
    I hear the broadcasters talking about "rest days" but every day there is a new stage on my DVR.. Do they consider flat stages to be "rest days"?

Up In Smoke
    I hear the broadcasters talking about "rest days" but every day there is a new stage on my DVR.. Do they consider flat stages to be "rest days"?
    Not when they're steamrolling along at 30mph. Rest days are the Mondays at the start of week 2 and week 3

Meatbomb
    Got it... Thanks!

mtbr member
    There are some stages where the GC guys can hang safely in the pack (up front) led by their teams. A bit of a rest you could say.

mtbr member
    Sagan was getting punchy and dangerous again...

Up In Smoke

mtbr member
    Heh, yep, I stand by by previous statement that they are all on drugs.

Meatbomb
    I guess having them all on drugs is better than trying to prevent the usage and it evens the playing field....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by train wreck View Post
    i love [any sport where large dollar amounts are at stake].

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ope...oping-product/
    fify

mtbr member
    Heh, yep, I stand by by previous statement that they are all on drugs.
    The Athlete Biological Passport (ABP) is the new thing; check power profiles to look for unusual patterns.

Funny how cycling gets the attention for it, while I'd argue that most athletes in all pro sports are dabbling at some level.

mtbr member
    The Athlete Biological Passport (ABP) is the new thing; check power profiles to look for unusual patterns.
    Interesting, thats a pretty good way to do it, at some point power numbers/time are just not possible.

Funny how cycling gets the attention for it, while I'd argue that most athletes in all pro sports are dabbling at some level.
    Being a successful cyclist is so heavily dependant on cardio, maybe more than any other sport, that I can see why it gets the attention, but I'd certainly wager that all sports have pros dabbling with PEDs...

mtbr member
    Being a successful cyclist is so heavily dependant on cardio, maybe more than any other sport, that I can see why it gets the attention.
    For sure. But yet, we have record-holding MLB sluggers who won because of their abundant 'roid abuse. And, correct me if I'm wrong, their records stayed. I could Google that shizz but someone out here would know.

mtbr member
    Anyway, the race continues to be exciting and ever-changing. I'd say one of the best in years...

mtbr member
    For sure. But yet, we have record-holding MLB sluggers who won because of their abundant 'roid abuse. And, correct me if I'm wrong, their records stayed. I could Google that shizz but someone out here would know.
    Right?!? I believe their records did not get expunged.

I actually kind of ambivalent on the doping issue, I'd bet a fair bit of dough that every single TdF rider is doping, but I'm not particularly annoyed by it, I just hope that they are all doping about the same amount so it's kind of fair.

A waste of time it is is
    I wonder how long before 1st and 2nd return positive test results and Richie is belatedly given the yellow for 2020?

mtbr member
    What an awesome TT.
    People are saying that Roglic blew up but he really didn't, he ended up 5th on the stage, but Pogacar had an amazing day.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem