2020 Census: Should dogs count?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2020 Census: Should dogs count?

I'm not really a dog person, although I have friends and family who are dog people. I mean, their dogs are like family to them. They are like dependent children. Alright, dogs can't vote, even though they can probably tell the difference between candidates. So I'm just asking, do you know dogs who should have the right to vote? Should we count them in the census? Dogs can tell a lot about people. Just like horses, according to Willie Nelson. What do you think?

mtbr member
    Cats yes, dogs no
    Round and round we go

All fat, all the time.
    My dogs (past and present) are smarter than many that can legally vote....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Cats yes, dogs no
    I don't disagree. My last several "personal" cats all approached me. Cats definitely can assess their humans. I think dogs have a similar ability. Can they really assess a presidential debate? Should we allow our personal pets into ballot boxes?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadGrandpa View Post
    I'm not really a dog person, although I have friends and family who are dog people. I mean, their dogs are like family to them. They are like dependent children. Alright, dogs can't vote, even though they can probably tell the difference between candidates. So I'm just asking, do you know dogs who should have the right to vote? Should we count them in the census? Dogs can tell a lot about people. Just like horses, according to Willie Nelson. What do you think?
    Actually there have been some dogs and cats that have voted, with humans help and fraud.

9 lives
    Stubbs (April 12, 1997 July 21, 2017) was a cat who was the mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska from July 1997 until his death

2020 Census: Should dogs count?-mayor_stubbs.jpg

If a cat can be mayor... then they should be allowed to vote. Dogs should vote too. Animals are good judges of character
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Stubbs (April 12, 1997 July 21, 2017) was a cat who was the mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska from July 1997 until his death

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mayor_Stubbs.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	1320499

If a cat can be mayor... then they should be allowed to vote. Dogs should vote too. Animals are good judges of character
    Don't speak for my hound dog. She's a terrible judge of character, she just assumes everyone is doing something wrong, until I let them into the house and she interacts with them. The problem? As a poor judge of character, I let some questionable people into my house!
    dang

mtbr member
    I believe there was a town in AZ the elected a donkey as mayor. I think it was tortilla flats.

Beyond the jokes it would be interesting to see how many people own dogs vs cats and what breeds. Then you run into the crazy cat lady with 50 cats and throw the whole average off.