Shut up legs!!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Shut up legs!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Shut up legs!!

Good day all,

I was riding last night in the wonderful snow and warmer temps with a big group of like minded people. On the climbs my legs started to bun a bit (pain is weakness leaving the body ) I know that stuff happens but I am wondering is there something to eat or drink to reduce that feeling so that I can ride longer or do just have to get stronger? Any input is welcomed, thank you and have a great day. Takk

LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015
    Staying hydrated leading up to riding is just as important as during the ride

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
    Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

Rent this space for $
    I does just happen. However, I tried that Sport Legs supplement before a long ride and it actually did have a significant effect. I bought a couple containers of it and have used it several times with repeat effects. I don't want to to pop supplements for every ride I do since I might ride 3 or 4 times a week but if I'm heading out on big one or a ride that might be a bit "spirited" with other riders, I dose about an hours before ride time and "the burn" is really lessened a great deal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsk View Post
    Good day all,

I was riding last night in the wonderful snow and warmer temps with a big group of like minded people. On the climbs my legs started to bun a bit (pain is weakness leaving the body ) I know that stuff happens but I am wondering is there something to eat or drink to reduce that feeling so that I can ride longer or do just have to get stronger? Any input is welcomed, thank you and have a great day. Takk
    The burn never leaves, you just get faster. - Greg Lemond

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Thank you guys for your responses and help (well kinda help ) I do keep well hydrated just about every day so I'm not sure its that (thank you for that Lane Detroit City). I will have to check out Sports Legs (thank you Oh My Sack for your input) I was also reading in an older blog about beets/beet juice and I will have to check that out to as I reeeeeeally like beets. As for you JKDjedi I do understand that its is just something that happens when your in beast mode climbing hills. Or just riding up them (as I do, no beast mode for me) Well thanks again for the inputs guys. Have a great day. Takk

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    I agree with the Sport Legs recommendation. Lately for me, I've been taking Calcium and Magnesium as a supplement anyway, so the need for the Sport Legs has been lessened. It's the same supplement, but way less than the RDA.
    "And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called, The Human Race..."

eri
    mtbr member
    I bought a bottle of sportlegs on recommendation of salesperson at REI. I tried it three times. It did nothing for me that I could tell, and I was taking it when I had my worst race ever (9.5 hours/dnf.) I returned it to REI for a refund.

For me tailwind is a magic bullet.
    the truth is always a gift because it offers the recipient of that information the chance to change the outcome - Grace Choi