CBD oils for inflammation and anxiety- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. CBD oils for inflammation and anxiety

Anyone using and what brand do you recommend

mtbr member
    CBD oils? I get pre race anxiety. more info please
    Dont make me go all Jonathan Winters on this gas station.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post
    CBD oils? I get pre race anxiety. more info please
    Iím only learning just myself so I donít know how much of a help I can be. CBD stands for canabidiol and as you can guess it is derived from marijuana. CBD products carry the relaxant effects but none of the psychotropic. I do know I was given some CBD Ointment for my hand and it works really well. seems to relax me as well. I predict the CBD industry is going to be huge as an alternative to the opioid crisis. Hereís a little side story, the girl at my daughters high school was having 3 to 4 seizures a day and is now down to about one every few weeks from CBDís. Ben greenfield did an informative piece on it which is what got me interested in researching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    My cousin works in that field regarding cannabis related Items. He works with a licenced grower in cali. I didnt know it was called CBD. I know many people that it has helped but to some its the big bad wolf. unfortunately my job sees it as the big bad wolf as well and I cannot use it.
    Dont make me go all Jonathan Winters on this gas station.

mtbr member
    Itís a shame itís so vilified

mtbr member
    There are many things the are "scary" to people but so many more benefits than chemical pharm. But that is the problem is big pharm and insurance companies.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    https://floydsofleadville.com/product/tincture-1200mg/

Canít speak to this brand specifically but itís one of the few I know you can order over the internet. I buy mine locally from a naturopath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLRB View Post
    https://floydsofleadville.com/product/tincture-1200mg/

Canít speak to this brand specifically but itís one of the few I know you can order over the internet. I buy mine locally from a naturopath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you ATLRB

mtbr member
    I often take half of a low-dose Chill Pill an hour or two before bed. Half a pill is 2.5 mg. I have rarely have a problem falling asleep, but sometimes I wake up anxious at 3 or 4 and can't get back to sleep. If I've taken the CBD, I may not go right back to sleep, but when I lay in bed I'm very relaxed and at peace. My better half uses Care By Design sublingual spray at night. Same idea. If you have smoked pot before, some of the sensations will be familiar to you. But it's all very mild. We have been using it regularly for about 2 years. No hangovers, no side effects. That said, I don't know if they've had any effect on inflammation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabe View Post
    I often take half of a low-dose Chill Pill an hour or two before bed. Half a pill is 2.5 mg. I have rarely have a problem falling asleep, but sometimes I wake up anxious at 3 or 4 and can't get back to sleep. If I've taken the CBD, I may not go right back to sleep, but when I lay in bed I'm very relaxed and at peace. My better half uses Care By Design sublingual spray at night. Same idea. If you have smoked pot before, some of the sensations will be familiar to you. But it's all very mild. We have been using it regularly for about 2 years. No hangovers, no side effects. That said, I don't know if they've had any effect on inflammation.
    Hey thanks, I ended up buying some oil and salve from charlottes web. I find myself using the salve more often especially before bed. I mentioned inflammation because of an article put out by Ben Greenfield, just Google it if youíre interested.

mtbr member
    Glad you found something that works for you. Lots of info in that article, thanks for pointing it out.

XC iconoclast
    If you want something that's proven safe and is effective for both of the symptoms in the tread title, try either flaxseed or fish oil. If you are suffering from both you most likely have a deficiency in omega-3 fatty acids.

After those above it gets a bit dicey for side effects. Valerian root is probably fine but may raise some liver enzymes. I would avoid Kava for sure. You can try GABA but supposedly it does not cross the blood brain barrier so it's theoretically useless. 5-HTP also has a lot of side effects like Kava does, so tryptophan may be better (it's converted to 5-HTP as needed by the brain). However, a certain percentage of people have a partial block in tryptophan -> 5-HTP conversion, and those people probably need pharmaceuticals directly to bypass this metabolic block in the pathway. A lot of people self-medicate for anxiety with marijuana or alcohol, but at that point it's best to talk to your doctor about more conventional treatments.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richj8990 View Post
    If you want something that's proven safe and is effective for both of the symptoms in the tread title, try either flaxseed or fish oil. If you are suffering from both you most likely have a deficiency in omega-3 fatty acids.

After those above it gets a bit dicey for side effects. Valerian root is probably fine but may raise some liver enzymes. I would avoid Kava for sure. You can try GABA but supposedly it does not cross the blood brain barrier so it's theoretically useless. 5-HTP also has a lot of side effects like Kava does, so tryptophan may be better (it's converted to 5-HTP as needed by the brain). However, a certain percentage of people have a partial block in tryptophan -> 5-HTP conversion, and those people probably need pharmaceuticals directly to bypass this metabolic block in the pathway. A lot of people self-medicate for anxiety with marijuana or alcohol, but at that point it's best to talk to your doctor about more conventional treatments.
    Thanks, I was taking 1200mg of fish oil but ran out, I will also look into flaxseed which I heard is a good Prevention supplement for prostate health which is a problem in my family.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Cbd is a great alternative. You can get it with no thc and it will definitely help. If it wasn't for the stigma that goes with marijuana in society, people might realize it is a very effective medication for many ailments.

mtbr member
    Do some research before you purchase, CBD is made from hemp, not actual marijuana. Even though it is made from hemp it still has very very low levels of THC and you run the risk of popping a positive drug test. The other big issue with buying CBD is finding the real deal that has Verifiable proof of concentrations. A independent lab tested 83 CBD products from 31 online suppliers/manufactures and only a few of those products even tested within 10 percent of their actual labels, most were very low and not even close to what the labels projected and none of them were accurate. That paints a very bleak picture.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Fish oil and Currcumin (needs to be C3 to be absorbed well) are better for inflammation. CDB is good for anxiety but a lot of the anti-inflammatory aspects of Cannabis is found to be from THC and 2 other chemicals. I'd do currcumin C3 and CBD. Add fish oil and your golden.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleinTexas View Post
    Do some research before you purchase, CBD is made from hemp, not actual marijuana. Even though it is made from hemp it still has very very low levels of THC and you run the risk of popping a positive drug test. The other big issue with buying CBD is finding the real deal that has Verifiable proof of concentrations. A independent lab tested 83 CBD products from 31 online suppliers/manufactures and only a few of those products even tested within 10 percent of their actual labels, most were very low and not even close to what the labels projected and none of them were accurate. That paints a very bleak picture.
    this. I just listened to a podcast about such CBD oils and it said that many are cheaply made and not properly distilled and contain some THC. Probably not enough to be popular with dopeheads, but enough to get fired if you work for an employer that has a drug policy. Basically all risk without the gain :-)

It said to look for the content to be "jeigjigdfigjdfigjdfigdfigfjgjdfgjdfk" to be on the safe side. Sorry, I wasn't interested enough in CBD oil to actually remember the word, but it was that long. BTW, most if not all food supplements are not regulated by the FDA. So manufacturers can label them any way they want. If it says 1,000 mg Vitamin A, it could have 20mg, 0 mg, or 10,000 mg and still be totally legal. With that I'm not taking any supplements. and the THC levels are probably too low to be of interest to DEA.
    Mayor v4
    Giant Toughroad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun View Post
    this. I just listened to a podcast about such CBD oils and it said that many are cheaply made and not properly distilled and contain some THC. Probably not enough to be popular with dopeheads, but enough to get fired if you work for an employer that has a drug policy. Basically all risk without the gain :-)

It said to look for the content to be "jeigjigdfigjdfigjdfigdfigfjgjdfgjdfk" to be on the safe side. Sorry, I wasn't interested enough in CBD oil to actually remember the word, but it was that long. BTW, most if not all food supplements are not regulated by the FDA. So manufacturers can label them any way they want. If it says 1,000 mg Vitamin A, it could have 20mg, 0 mg, or 10,000 mg and still be totally legal. With that I'm not taking any supplements. and the THC levels are probably too low to be of interest to DEA.
    The main players post there lab results with thc content. Not worried, cbd works wonders for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by injected59 View Post
    The main players post there lab results with thc content. Not worried, cbd works wonders for me.

The problem with non FDA substances is that content label may be way off actual content.

On another podcast I heard how lobbying got the FDA to not regulate those substances.
    Mayor v4
    Giant Toughroad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun View Post
    The problem with non FDA substances is that content label may be way off actual content.

On another podcast I heard how lobbying got the FDA to not regulate those substances.
    Iíd wager me life savings that consuming cbd from the top five producers is still far healthier than eating chips and pop once a week. Iíll take my chances.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    does it show up on a piss/drug test?
    2017 yeti sb6c turq x01 eagle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by useport80 View Post
    does it show up on a piss/drug test?
    Depends on how much THC it contains..
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2019
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018/2019
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

be1
    the beat goes on
    "Hemp contains a very low concentration of THC (0.3% or less), Marijuana is abundant in THC with concentrations between 15% to 40%."

I'm trying hemp-derived cbd oil for my old dog and cat. No conclusion yet. Seems to keep my old cat quiet though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I just chew khat. Gives me that extra competitive edge. The Mogadishu Munch.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I've tried several brands and Happy Mutant has been my favorite: https://happymutantcbd.com/

I mostly use the softgels or tincture as a sleep aid whenever I'm particularly wiped out and the topicals for targeting specific aches and pains, I've been amazed at how effective it is for that.