Anyone interested in a ketogenic liquid fat bomb that you can take on rides?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Anyone interested in a ketogenic liquid fat bomb that you can take on rides?

We're always limited when it comes to high fat food options so I'm always trying to tinker with ingredients to make my own.

I was hiking when I realized a lot of the snack foods that work on keto are nut-based, which means higher polyunsaturated fats than what I and many other people target overall and that's when I came up with this idea:

betashot.co

I think this is the perfect keto food because it's easier to ingest/digest non-PUFA calories when hiking or biking, and carrying these around would make it a lot easier to get a calorie fix when I'm craving carbs.

I really want to be able to build this product so any feedback you have that can help me understand if this also meets your needs would be greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    If you are fat adapted then you don't need any supplemental nutrition at under maximum aerobic.

Above your maximum aerobic threshold Mark Sisson (Primal Blueprint) recommends a blend of coconut water honey and blackstrap molasses.

Carbs do play a role in fat adapted athletic endeavors that exceed our sustainable aerobic threshold. Otherwise, no need for supplement.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmoore View Post
    If you are fat adapted then you don't need any supplemental nutrition at under maximum aerobic.

Above your maximum aerobic threshold Mark Sisson (Primal Blueprint) recommends a blend of coconut water honey and blackstrap molasses.

Carbs do play a role in fat adapted athletic endeavors that exceed our sustainable aerobic threshold. Otherwise, no need for supplement.
    How much How little ? I like Mark however haven't seen this article... can you link it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Toot3344556 View Post
    How much How little ? I like Mark however haven't seen this article... can you link it?
    How to Fuel a Marathon | Mark's Daily Apple

It's definitely something to experiment with. At least this might be a good place to start with that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

Anyone interested in a ketogenic liquid fat bomb that you can take on rides?

Quote Originally Posted by cjmoore View Post
    How to Fuel a Marathon | Mark's Daily Apple

It's definitely something to experiment with. At least this might be a good place to start with that.
    Thanks!
    Had my first xc race a couple days ago after doing HFLC. I took some good ole maltdextrin and a cliffbar. Speed wise ai did decent but I ended up cramping extremely bad within the first 5 miles. Due to this I couldnt stand up and mash. Probably lost me a 1-2 minutes.
    It was almost like my body didn't know what to do with carbs and blew itself out.

I'm almost convinced Would have been better off filling my glucose up the night before and running the race fasted.

Much experimentation to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk