Any Serious Weight Lifters Who Ride?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Any Serious Weight Lifters Who Ride?

Any serious lifters or bodybuilders here? I am, and worried about all the crazy extra cardio I'm about to start doing with MTB. What do you guys recommend to bring on the trail to eat back some calories?

EXORCIZE
    My rides are relatively short so I don't usually eat during a ride. But I like to hit up a whey/carb/creatine protein shake immediately afterward, as if I've just lifted. And I sometimes stack some powdered BCAAs in a pre-ride beverage to drink just before riding (to "spare" muscle, if you buy that theory).

mtbr member
    depends what you mean by serious, not sure if I qualify. I'm 5'10 170 and bench 300? As above I usually load up directly after with a protein shake. I've also had good luck eating poptarts. While not the most healthy they have a ton of calories for the size and the sugar helps with a quick splash of energy. Plus they are cheap and sit well in the stomach. Powerbars and shakes tend to give me the poops if I start shakin the old belly around directly after.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotMTB View Post
    Any serious lifters or bodybuilders here? I am, and worried about all the crazy extra cardio I'm about to start doing with MTB. What do you guys recommend to bring on the trail to eat back some calories?
    I do intermittent fasting anyway, so I don't eat during my rides most of the time. I usually ride first thing at 7-8am usually up to 3 hours. Recently, I think its better if I take a larger amount of carbs at night before my ride. I can tell a difference. My macros right now are 180 grams of protein, 175 carbs, 90 fat.