Wilson's Creek Saturday- Mtbr.com
    banned

... and if we just ... Wilson's Creek Saturday

We are gonna ride at Wilson's creek Saturday, Who's in???

And He was Not
    Weather check on isle 7

You guys in for the whole loop? No shuttlin'
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch
    Weather check on isle 7

You guys in for the whole loop? No shuttlin'
    aint skeered

banned
    I wanna go check out wilson's creek, can you guys show me around?
    I can't make it, my wife won't let me off the couch
    I gotta get over to wilson's creek with you guys to learn those awesome trails
    I can't make it, my dog has a fever and the bird that lives in my front yard looks a little under the weather.
    Can I meet up with you guy's this weekend? I'm in for sure in.
    Sorry, can't make it, my man-gina has aunt flo visiting this saturday.

banned

Good job! Shuttle cocks unite

We are Huckers now! we only look for gravity fed trails.

mtbr member
    I might be down, I will let you know asap.I am definately riding sunday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    This is the first weekend I think I might get the all clear since the baby was born. I know of some great hills we can push our bikes up.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2morrow
    This is the first weekend I think I might get the all clear since the baby was born. I know of some great hills we can push our bikes up.
    congratulations man!

Moto has got something new to push around with us this weekend.

banned
    So who's in for tomorrow?

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by cruso414
    I can't make it, my wife won't let me off the couch
    For real, she won't. I used up all my chips to spend 4 days at the IMBA summit. Y'all need to go visit the FATS. 3 hour drive. not technical but crazy air. They have these rollers all over the place and with the speed jumping is effortless.

mtbr member

Sugar

Yo Brad, I seriously am contemplating riding with you again on Sunday if an offer still exists. I had a great time with you last weekend. Heck, I've been making my SS a bit more downhill friendly for such an occasion.
    "You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

mtbr member

LOL now that is funny!! Hey congrads, hope things are going well.... I am out for Wilson's, hope you guys have fun!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Dscarbs - those guys were ragging on you. I asked what you were up to and they started saying things like "he's on his road bike this weekend." I told them I didn't believe it and the Doug I knew would be up with me keeping me company on the climbs and kicking rocks back at them as they came up.

mtbr member
    Dscarbs - those guys were ragging on you. I asked what you were up to and they started saying things like "he's on his road bike this weekend." I told them I didn't believe it and the Doug I knew would be up with me keeping me company on the climbs and kicking rocks back at them as they came up.

LOL... Yeah, I will be on my roadbike tomorrow... My brother is up here doing a Carmcheal training camp.. pretty cool actually... He only road rides right now due to a back injury so I am joining him.. Hey road riding is ok, but it def. is not mtn biking! I will be trying to hit something epic with him tomorrow...... Yeah, I guess I am the whipping boy when I am not rolling rocks downhill onto someone pushing a climb? It's all good! Hope you guys had fun.

banned

Skweet

We had a great ride ....we found Ladders and it was not worth missing Rasberry for, but we did greentown and down raiders and back up to Sinkhole and goat about 30 miles.Tacoed a wheel and sideswiped a tree on goat but it was all good!

Hey " Chief" if you missed Rasberry and Raiders you missed some primo singletrack, Headly and Beehive are not too be missed either. Lots of forrest to discover.

Enoch......we shuttled the road

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    We had a great ride ....we found Ladders and it was not worth missing Rasberry for, but we did greentown and down raiders and back up to Sinkhole and goat about 30 miles.Tacoed a wheel and sideswiped a tree on goat but it was all good!

Hey " Chief" if you missed Rasberry and Raiders you missed some primo singletrack, Headly and Beehive are not too be missed either. Lots of forrest to discover.

Enoch......we shuttled the road
    speaking of, I talked to your "wheel guy" last night.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I actually enjoy road riding in moderation. Funny that he is on a road bike because of a back injury and I generally stay away from my road bike because it leaves my back achy. One of these days I should have someone look at the fit of the bike.

Moto- we must keep it a secret, even from those that also want to keep it a secret. I think before you can talk about it you must do the death march from last time. If you still want to come back to Wilsons then go for it.

mtbr member
    keep trail names on the dl in wilson's please.

mtbr member
    Agreed. Keep the buzz to a minimum.
    "You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Brad
    keep trail names on the dl in wilson's please.
    Why? Are these outlaw trails or what?

mtbr member
    The ones named are technically hiker only and not officially open to bikes. There has been a lot of illegal building going on and one trail has already been closed. So we don't want any more of our trail network shut down.

Some Assembly Required
    The ones named are technically hiker only and not officially open to bikes. There has been a lot of illegal building going on and one trail has already been closed. So we don't want any more of our trail network shut down.

And, if'n I might add, the hikers and horse riders can be pretty frequent on some trails so keep yer eyez an' earz open for them, be nice, no matter their disposition!
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

thecentralscrutinizer
    Horses too...that figures.

mtbr member
    good point, ran into some horseback riders the other day. All of the ones i have run into are super nice as long as you give them the right of way.

banjo plunker, wrench
    good point, ran into some horseback riders the other day. All of the ones i have run into are super nice as long as you give them the right of way.
    Good point Brad, bikes can sometimes scare horses. Also good to give, or at least offer hikers the right-of-way. The decision to do so can go a long way on their perception of mountain bikers in general, just like blasting past either can go the wrong way!
    any time spent riding a bicycle is re-cycled goodness....

Members who have read this thread: 0