Wilson's Creek no Secret now- Mtbr.com
    banned

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Wilson's Creek no Secret now

I just read the September issue of Blue Ridge Outdoors and it list
    Headly and Beehive as hubs of downhill activity. It states Headly as an easy shuttle.
    Beehive is listed as supersteep with monster rock gardens thrown in for good measure,at least they got the trail descriptions correct!
    So much for keeping Wilson creek on the DL !

On a lighter note who's up for a camping/riding weekend at Wilson creek in a few weeks?

banned
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane

On a lighter note who's up for a camping/riding weekend at Wilson creek in a few weeks?
    uhhhhh good luck with that one.

as usual, I'm in.

banned
    Yeah I know, I guess in the heat of the moment I thought somebody on this forum might want to ride a mtn bike my bad

Some Assembly Required
    Can't wait to read th headlinez......mtn bikersz lost for dayz on end due to the fact they read somewhere's they could "jus go ride up in Wilson's"......great .....yeah...great......it really suckz
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by man w/ one hand
    Can't wait to read th headlinez......mtn bikersz lost for dayz on end due to the fact they read somewhere's they could "jus go ride up in Wilson's"......great .....yeah...great......it really suckz
    +1 I'd say 98% of hikers that find beehive get tired of hiking straight uphill and turn around, the other 2% that find it from the top are just lucky they found a way out
    Its hard to believe a magazine posted trail names when there is not any signs nor maps with trails listed on them and yeah it sucks anyway

Its got what plants crave
    It's still pretty remote for the majority of people to go out of their way to hit it. When we were up that way maps and directions and such for any of the trails in that area were tough to come by. Fortunately we ran across a few friendly locals who showed us around and offered us various libations. Good times were had.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

Some Assembly Required
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    It's still pretty remote for the majority of people to go out of their way to hit it. When we were up that way maps and directions and such for any of the trails in that area were tough to come by. Fortunately we ran across a few friendly locals who showed us around and offered us various libations. Good times were had.

Wilsonz still sux.................
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    wilsons does suck it is all uphill both ways on every trail and the trails are lined with briars. There is also I rabid family of bears that live up there, also you truck will be vandalized by the hardcore gangmembers that live in the area. Stay away from that dump

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

mtbr member
    As long as they don't publish directions...plus the trails mentioned are blown the hell up anyway. As long as they don't mention the good stuff...

banjo plunker, wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Brad
    As long as they don't publish directions...plus the trails mentioned are blown the hell up anyway. As long as they don't mention the good stuff...
    That's the sad thing about being the "prom queen"...you fantasized about being with her, and when you do you go home with vd! Yeah BeeHive is no longer trail it was just five years ago..."blown-up as hell" is right Brad. Blown Up trails that suck major brown hole...don't go there, stay home, don't go by the words of people that have ridden there saying that is a great place to ride, awesome trails, and lots of hidden treasures...THEY ARE LIARS!!!!!

P.S. THE TRAILS SUCK SO BAD I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO START RIDING THEM WITH A SS 29ER!!! I'M JUST SAYING...
    any time spent riding a bicycle is re-cycled goodness....

Gabe.....
    "THE TRAILS SUCK SO BAD I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO START RIDING THEM WITH A SS 29ER!!! I'M JUST SAYING..."
    And when they really blow........you ride em fixed!
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

Some Assembly Required
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokebikes
    "THE TRAILS SUCK SO BAD I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO START RIDING THEM WITH A SS 29ER!!! I'M JUST SAYING..."
    And when they really blow........you ride em fixed!

Or take a VP Free up there and make the best out of trailz that suck !!!!!!! 'er i mean

mtbr member
    check out the blueridgeoutdoors article online, now it doesn't say anything about beehive or headley.

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    Sorry I'm late to the party but I just had to say that the only thing that sucks worse than this thread is Wilson.......don't waste your time.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zod
    Sorry I'm late to the party but I just had to say that the only thing that sucks worse than this thread is Wilson.......don't waste your time.
    Your like a week late ZOD, just wait another 12 days and meet-up at the upper campsite at Wilson and we can ride some sucky trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Fire on Beehive today, we called 911, but alas, all the trails at Wilsons were destroyed...

Members who have read this thread: 0