Wilson Creek: Hedley & Ripshin (climbing?)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Wilson Creek: Hedley & Ripshin (climbing?)

Hey just wanted to see if anyone can give me their opinions on a good way to climb up from the bottom of Sinkhole to the top of Greentown. I was looking at climbing Hedley and then either attempt climbing Ripshin or just climbing 181 from Hedley to Greentown. Thoughts?? Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Neither are much fun but both are better than attempting to take the Greentown shortcut! I would say most people climb up the road but it's not the safest option. Ripshin has one steep section but most of it is rideable. Hedley will suck of course!

mtbr member
    From the bottom, the first 5 minutes of hedley sucks, but then its actually pretty easy the rest of the way. Don’t climb 181, nobody is paying attention to bikes!

And He was Not
    It takes about 45 min to get to Greentown from bottom of Sinkhole using 181. The shoulder is very wide. I've never had anyone come close to "buzzing" Me. It's really not that bad if you start early before it gets hots, otherwise you will be baking cause there is like ZERO shade. We normally keep going to the top of Rasberry. That will add another 30 solid minutes and it gets a bit heavy.
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

mtbr member
    Going up Headley and Tickshin is the only way to go. Headley sucks, the no pedal Headley shuttle crowd can have it lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamreese417 View Post
    Hey just wanted to see if anyone can give me their opinions on a good way to climb up from the bottom of Sinkhole to the top of Greentown. I was looking at climbing Hedley and then either attempt climbing Ripshin or just climbing 181 from Hedley to Greentown. Thoughts?? Thanks!!!
    When you planning on going? I've been chatting with others about heading over that way in a few weeks. Didn't have a route planned. Keep me posted via FB messenger if you like.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hedleys is quite the touch climb. The heavy spring rains this year have made it even more difficult in the washout sections. Ended up just doing and out & back, and then shuttling to Greentown. Tackling this very technical climb to start a loop of Greentown to Beehive and then a loop to Sinkhole is a very big day

mtbr member
    I went with someone who goes often and we parked one car at bottom of sinkhole then take the other to the start of the climb forget what that road is. Come out of sinkhole grab second car, park second car near bottom of beehive, drive down 181 park at entrance of greenstown ride greenstown down to the river crossing (get your shoes and socks wet from slipping off a rock while carrying your bike) then make the climb to the top off beehive then hope you survive beehive!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk