Who else got to ride in the rain today?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Who else got to ride in the rain today?

I was up on South Ridge, just past Sleepy Gap when the forest began to talk to me. That's a magical place; my very favorite in all of BC. You can tell you're there when you see only young fir trees up and down the slopes on either side of the road. Maybe it's only endorphins but if you give up the chase and dismount, you may feel the enchantment.

Branches rustling and acorns dropping went from background music to "hey, the weathers about to change"! Then the temp dropped and that 'crackling' sound of raindrops on dry wood began. By the time I was pushing for the top after Chestnut Cove it began to pour. When I reached the gate I heard thunder and it was "come on feet!"

At the car, I was gloriously soaked, which made reaching trails-end and shelter all the better.
    IT'S CRACKERS TO SLIP A ROZZER THE DROPSY IN SNIDE

Official Cooler Inspector
    It was a "dry rain" - short & sweet.. You missed us, by maybe 30 mins. I was concerned about the talcum powder tread. Tomorrow's predicted weather will settle things down a bit. Those who just HAVE to ride, please stay on the service roads.

Edit: Do Chestnut up from Explorer (my route to meet up with others today) - you'll see some cool trees and gain many new perspectives of the trail.
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

Pretty Hate Machine
    ...the forest began to talk to me. That's a magical place; my very favorite in all of...

*thumbs up*

mtbr member
    Yep - agreed, that's my favorite place in BC as well, actually that whole south ridge line that butts up against the parkway. We're lucky to live here and consider BC the "only if we have to" trails.
    My one says BRAP!

mtbr member

No ride for me today, but

About noonish ill be heading from Hardtimes,small creek up to the old cistern by "no name" trail and then going up to Shut-in.
    Ill then do Shut-in up to Bent Creek Gap and turn around and let it "flow" in the oposite direction....
    Of course this will be with my Adidas Adizero `s strapped to my feet as in running...
    Shut in Run is coming up, gotta train..
    Which leads me to think about the possibility of a "Loeb-otomy" ????

Gabe.....
    "Shut in Run is coming up, gotta train.." Sounds like somebody already had that "Loeb-otomy" ............ U-go-bro!
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0