Whitewater Center Outdoor Market- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Whitewater Center Outdoor Market

Anybody going to the Whitewater Center Outdoor Market this weekend? I've never been, but I have heard there are a ton of bikes to demo.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thinking about checking it out on sunday

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Went a couple of years ago and was able to demo a couple of bikes but not the ones I wanted, some asshats would took them out all day. They need to put shock collars on riders and start buzzing at 45 minutes or so. Maybe shock grips.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    I plan to take my 7 year old stepson down Saturday if it isn't raining... I hope to get him on a few 24inchers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    It's not the Cyclofest that the WWC has hosted the last couple of years which was all bikes. It was trying to develop into Interbike East. Not sure what happened to that but it has been replaced with the Outdoor Market this year.

When I called, I didn't get an answer on what happened to Cyclofest when I asked and was told there would be "at least a couple of bike manufacturers". Looking at the website, they only have Specialized and Niner listed.

I had the same experience as upstateSC-rider the last couple of years I went to Cyclofest. Enough so that I said I wouldn't go again if it came back. Asshats is putting things nicely...

mtbr member
    I had heard that this event had "replaced" Cyclofest, so I was hoping to see lots of bikes there. Is there an East Coast cycling trade show show of any size?

loud hubs save lives
    Not sure about other brands but the Rocky Mountain demo van will be there on Friday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kebs View Post
    I had heard that this event had "replaced" Cyclofest, so I was hoping to see lots of bikes there. Is there an East Coast cycling trade show show of any size?
    Not that I know of... NEMBA Fest is as close as we get to a "Sea Otter" style event on the BEast Coast and its more of a big ride/party with demo opportunities.

Folks tried to do a Pisgah MTB Fest at REEB but it wasn't successful. Shame too since the REEB Ranch is ideal. Great trails on the property, plenty of camping and room to host, Beer, Food, close to major urban areas (Charlotte, Atlanta, etc.)

And if you want to leave the property you have all of Dupont and Pisgah within minutes.
    On your left!

mtbr member
    I read that Pisgah Mountain Bike Festival at REEB Ranch would be postponed, and maybe held in the spring. I think this was due to a member of the promoters staff expecting a child around the same time as the festival.

I went to Cyclofest last year, and it was OK, but I liked the one at REEB better. YETI was at REEB, but not at Cyclofest. I really would like to try one of the new Evil Offering models, but haven't seen Evil at any of the festivals yet.

At Cyclofest last year, we were told to limit our demo rides to an hour. Of course there was no penalty for not doing that, but we tried to respect the requests. I know Santa Cruz, Specialized, and Niner are at the Outdoor Market this year, based on pictures, but not sure how many others may be there. It definitely looks smaller than years past.
    2019 Yeti SB150
    2017 YT Jeffsy AL Two 29
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1

loud hubs save lives
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMTBer View Post
    I know Santa Cruz, Specialized, and Niner are at the Outdoor Market this year, based on pictures, but not sure how many others may be there. It definitely looks smaller than years past.
    I was there yesterday.

I only saw giant, specialized, niner and Rocky Mountain for demo.

Unfortunately didnít get to demo anything because they were not sending bikes out until after 230 and i had to leave.

mtbr member
    I got there about 230 today. All the demo bikes were a muddy mess, and by 330 or 4 they were not sending out any more. All the folks said they would demo tomorrow and it should be good with dry trails... I got some good deals in the outfitter sale, and wandered around checking stuff out. It wasnt busy because of the rain, but it was a pretty good time.