Waterfall on Daniel Ridge- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    260

    Waterfall on Daniel Ridge

    Anyone know if the falls at the bottom of Daniel Ridge at the FS road has a name? My wife took some pics there today, and likes to log where she's been. Thanks.
    Tim

  2. #2
    I love Pisgah
    Reputation: Duckman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,406
    Quote Originally Posted by timdvm
    Anyone know if the falls at the bottom of Daniel Ridge at the FS road has a name? My wife took some pics there today, and likes to log where she's been. Thanks.
    Tim

    Daniel Ridge Falls.
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

    It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

  3. #3
    Pisgah Native
    Reputation: Wes D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    76

    Name

    Jackson falls. It is one of my favorite places in Pisgah.

  4. #4
    I love Pisgah
    Reputation: Duckman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes D
    Jackson falls. It is one of my favorite places in Pisgah.

    Also known as Tom Springs Falls. But, the offical name currently is Daniel Ridge. At least thats what I've always thought.

    http://www.mtbikewnc.com/bestrides/brdaniel.html
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

    It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridn29s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman
    Also known as Tom Springs Falls. But, the offical name currently is Daniel Ridge. At least thats what I've always thought.

    http://www.mtbikewnc.com/bestrides/brdaniel.html

    The official name depends on who is officiating.... and according to the NC Waterfalls website every answer so far is right


    "This may be confusing, but Daniel Ridge Falls isn't on the nearby Daniel Ridge Creek, it's on Toms Spring Branch. Jim Bob Tinsley calls it Toms Spring Falls in his book and so is Kevin Adams in his newest waterfall guide, so maybe I should also. But it's also known as Jackson Falls.
    many gears, some pies

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    260
    Thanks all- clear as mud now !

    I'm guessing this is the post-PMBAR crew hanging out- congrats to all.

    Tim

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.