Warrior Creek Extension- Mtbr.com
    spec4life???..smh...

Warrior Creek Extension

This may have been posted and I just missed it but the warrior creek loop in wilkes has been extended by around 2 miles.

I rode it today and a mile or two after you cross the field (not sure because I dont know when i got on it) I noticed I was riding freshly cut trail. It seems to be a good addition adding a few more techy sections, one real nice view, and a couple more decent climbs without bypassing any of the other climbs.

It comes out in the middle of the first real climb. When I came out i walked back to see where it crossed the old trail and found it covered with logs and sticks so im guessing it is a permanent extension not an optional loop.

There goes my chance for 5 laps next year at 6HWC.

banjo plunker, wrench
    BMCC does excellent work on ALL the trails on Kerr Scott Reservoir and kudos to their efforts! We have some great trails in North Carolina, and the trails at Wilkesboro are amongst the best!!!
    any time spent riding a bicycle is re-cycled goodness....

mtbr member
    Any one know what this makes mileage wise for the loop now?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The new section will probably only add a 1/2 to 3/4 mile. Right now the loop is 11.7 so we're looking at maybe 12.5 miles. Also the reroute will take the hardest climb. Erosion was a concern and this will address it. As for your 5 lap goal I'd still have. The trail is rolling so much faster than it was at the 6 hour. We've timed and it looks like its picked up around 7 +/- minutes per lap.

This will be the last reroute for a while. Plans are to start doing some maintance on the other trails.

Thanks for the kudos! Our Trail Boss & the faithful few do an awesome job! Their out there almost every weekend.

And don't forget that the season finale for the Southern Classic Series is this Sunday at Dark Mtn. Cat. 3 takes off at 9am, Cat. 2 10:30am, Cat. 3 12:30pm. Hope to see you guys there!
    CYCLETHERAPY - INDUSTRY NINE - FORMULA BRAKES

http://brushymtncyclists.com/

spec4life???..smh...
    Quote Originally Posted by guard
    The new section will probably only add a 1/2 to 3/4 mile. Right now the loop is 11.7 so we're looking at maybe 12.5 miles. As for your 5 lap goal I'd still have. The trail is rolling so much faster than it was at the 6 hour. We've timed and it looks like its picked up around 7 +/- minutes per lap.

It seemed a bit longer than that...i guess it was just because I felt lost and didnt know where I was going... ...

I beat my best lap there by 10 minutes the other day and I thought I had just finally seen the fruits of my labor...

Thanks for the more official numbers..

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by swaneedawg
    BMCC does excellent work on ALL the trails on Kerr Scott Reservoir and kudos to their efforts! We have some great trails in North Carolina, and the trails at Wilkesboro are amongst the best!!!
    +1 I've only ridden there once but was very impressed by all the work the BMCC has done. The hard work really shows in the large quantity of high quality trails. That obviously took some serious time and commitment. Hats off to BMCC! You guys rock!

Members who have read this thread: 0