Warrior Creek conditions 7-22- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Warrior Creek conditions 7-22

Driving over from Raleigh tomorrow...will I be driving to a muck fest? Their Twitter feed hasn't updated this weekend and the Wilkesboro rain gauge I could find was pretty positive (i.e. little rain in the past couple days).

What say ye locals?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    It's good. A few mud holes here and there, but the WC trails hold up really well. The new section is not quite as good, but still fine. Have fun!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenG View Post
    It's good. A few mud holes here and there, but the WC trails hold up really well. The new section is not quite as good, but still fine. Have fun!
    Awesome!!! We're headed out in a few minutes, can't wait to ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yep...we got dumped on. About halfway through the new Headwaters loop, which is a blast by the way. Some of the rock sections are suh-weet.

We rode out once it started storming and packed up with our tail between our legs. Thunder, lightning, running water, it stormed yo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yeah, that was a bad storm. Sorry you got caught. But to tell you how good the trails drain, It was way ridable at 5pm without damaging the trail. I even did Headwaters, but had to hike a bike a lot over the rocks (wet and sketchy). Glad you had a good time.

Robtre
    Where can I get an update on trail status? I am hopefully going there tomorrow?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robtre View Post
    Where can I get an update on trail status? I am hopefully going there tomorrow?
    This can help ya out sometimes, but it's not updated too often.

https://twitter.com/kerrscotttrails

Otherwise, Idk, that's why I started this thread :P

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Since the trails currently never close, I think the Twitter feed basically just let's you know when it's too muddy to ride at all. The trails drain pretty good, but sometimes it's just too muddy to ride and not mess up the trail. Since they don't "close", a simple tweet about rain is used to let you know it's currently raining and to use the "24 hour rule" like the GSO, Triad, and Charlotte area trails.

In the future they will be closed when it's too wet to ride, then the twitter will be clear when it reads "open", or "closed".

Members who have read this thread: 0