Uwharrie, new trails?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Uwharrie, new trails?

Does anyone know if the new trails that were laid out over the winter are open? Last time I was there a few months ago, they looked ready to go, but were clearly marked as closed.

I am riding there tomorrow and curious.

Thanks,

John
    On One Summer Season Single Speed

And He was Not
    Supertree Loop had the life gutted out of it. They logged it and absolutely killed the best part of it. Now its just a huge wide road.
    There is a trail open that runs parrallel to the Woods Run road. No new mileage, just a trail right beside the road we were allready riding on. There is another re route trail that by passes the rough little down hill decending to the camping area on Keyawah.

All this info is from my last ride there on May 1. There may have been some more re routes, but there is not any NEW trail, just by passes.
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

mtbr member
    May 2007
    John, I've got a post on TMTB that shows the two new trails over the past year or so but here's the map I scratched up that generally shows where they are.

One (the connector) runs parallel to Wood Run and starts just after the powerline.

White Tail trail is the other and starts on Supertree. If you're going CCW it's just on your left as you start going downhill. It helps avoid all of the logging mess that's been created out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uwharrie, new trails?-umbamap2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Any idea what the mileage would be riding the loop taking the White Trail to Keyawee in the CCW direction (cutting off the "widened" portion of Supertree)? I'm guessing it's only 5-6 miles or so?

mtbr member
    Thanks guys! I had a fun ride yesterday, hitting the new trail parallel to wood run on the way in, then up the gravel to ride Keyawee counterclockwise, back up the gravel, down white run (I love that trail) and back to the new trail.

The new trail is a nice ride, with at one offshoot with a fun rock garden area. Headed in the direction back to the trailhead, the trail has a great flow.

Supertree looks to be a no go at this time. Gravel road for the logging trucks, at least at teh beginning and where white run connects.

It was hot and I am slow but it was great fun, will try again this weekend, I think.
    John
    On One Summer Season Single Speed

Still surfin in my 60's.
    Are any of these trails "beginner friendly"? Could I ride them going "slow"?
    So you think you can jump!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    hmmmm...I have ridden there twice in the last two months and did not notice the new section that the detours from the section that is being logged.

I would not call the Keyauwee trail a beginners but the Old Supertree was. With that said my GF rode it on here 4th time out with no problem (had to walk over some places)

Members who have read this thread: 0