USNWC New East Trail Map

Printable View

• 10-06-2012
    Jerz_subbie
    USNWC New East Trail Map
    I heard about the new trail from a veteran rider co-worker and had no clue it was there because I never saw it on any maps(didn't bother buying a map from USNWC).

I also wanted to try out a new app, MapMyRide. It worked really well with my iPhone4, I like it a lot! Here is a map of the trail from the app(the 1 and 2 are mile markers that I enabled).

You can tell this trail is new, it's still kind of rough and definitely not my favorite but it's great to have more trail to ride regardless.
  • 10-06-2012
    aircooled
    To me it feels like trail designed to add miles to the center. It doesn't seem thought out. I have a feeling that biking will become something you have to pay a fee to do there in the near future.
  • 10-07-2012
    Dirt Engineer
    I have to agree with aircooled. It does use part of the old pre USNWC trail. I think the layout is OK, but the execution and bench cut needs some work. The off camber stuff has gotten way too wide. And they should finish the trail before they open it to riders. They should get more training using whatever mechanized equipment they've been using, too.

Putting a berm at the bottom of a dip and drain was a major faux pa.
  • 10-07-2012
    bdjohnson121
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
    To me it feels like trail designed to add miles to the center. It doesn't seem thought out. I have a feeling that biking will become something you have to pay a fee to do there in the near future.

I don't think they are allowed to charge to use the trails, I think that was part of the deal with the county. They get around that by charging for parking but you could just ride up on the thread trail if you wanted.
  • 10-07-2012
    aircooled
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bdjohnson121 View Post
    I don't think they are allowed to charge to use the trails, I think that was part of the deal with the county. They get around that by charging for parking but you could just ride up on the thread trail if you wanted.

Well I hope I am proven wrong with the ride fee. For the last couple of years I have not mined paying for a parking pass. Only because they (WWC) have been working on the trails. It seemed like before only the Tarheel Trailblazers maintained the trail. And you still had to pay.
  • 10-08-2012
    gcappy
    I am in Huntersville for the week. Plan on riding the USNWC a couple times. Is there a best day or time of day to ride there?

thanks