u.s national whitewater center- Mtbr.com
    -eddie.

u.s national whitewater center

i work with an older guy who kayaks, and he tole me of this place. Is it worth checking out?? I'm sure someone knows about it. I just want to bike it, I can't swim....JAWS really messed me up as a kid...

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    I would like to join you on checking it out some time. I hear it is pretty good. I have several other friends who would like to check it out to. We should make a day trip of it!

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    Also..... and BTW.... I will be at south side after work around 5:30ish

-eddie.
    i might join you, i'm not sure yet though. I have a pt test in the morning and need to conserve my muscles. i've got an hour to think on it.

-eddie.
    i plan on going next weekend. Let me know if thats good with your people. i can reschedule if need be.

mtbr member
    It's worth checking out. 12 miles of trail with good elevation change for Charlotte. A mixture of some tech riding and flowy fast singletrack. I go here when I want to climb and can't get to the mountains.

-eddie.
    does it cost to ride, i can' find any prices???

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    it's $5 to park.....if you're local and plan to ride it regularly, you can take your ticket to the shop and pay $35 more for a season parking pass.

About 4 miles of the trail have been closed for the past month or so....for whatever reason. There is still a good 9+ miles of trail. It has the best climbing around Charlotte. Be sure to include the green trail. It's a bit tame, but fun and adds mileage.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    All the trail is currently open. Fun place to ride and have dinner afterwards. The summer is a better time to go. You can eat on the deck and watch the rafters and rock climbers. I think most of the hot outdoor chicks hang out there. Major eye candy.

Members who have read this thread: 0