• 06-10-2017
    Timothy G. Parrish
    Turkey Pen Road Conditions
    Can anyone report Turkey Pen Road conditions? Been over 6 months since I last rode from there. Going to Pisgah tomorrow morning and I want to make sure I can drive up it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
  • 06-11-2017
    mikeridesabike
    I parked at the bottom and rode up a couple of weeks ago, only because the guy I was meeting didn't think his car would make it. The road seemed fine to me. Still narrow and has a few ruts but I think anything bigger than a Smart Car would be OK.
  • 06-12-2017
    Timothy G. Parrish
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    I parked at the bottom and rode up a couple of weeks ago, only because the guy I was meeting didn't think his car would make it. The road seemed fine to me. Still narrow and has a few ruts but I think anything bigger than a Smart Car would be OK.

The bottom portion seemed to be the worst. There are a few large craters up farther, however.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
  • 06-12-2017
    pisgahrider
    Always meet/park at the highway, ride up the road, yack and loosen up until the trail and then hit it.

Oh, if you are a smart driver anything with a normal wheelbase can make it to the trail head.
  • 06-20-2017
    mikeridesabike
    That little parking lot at the bottom is supposed to be reserved for school bus turn arounds during the week during the school year. Another option would be to park at the church just up the road.
  • 06-20-2017
    pryde1
    I just went up it in a toyota sienna minivan. Made it up ok driving slow and careful.