Tsali Trail conditions June 4-6...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Tsali Trail conditions June 4-6...

Anyone around that area today? Would love to get a trail condition report!!!

X-Terra Tsali this weekend....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Wet. Very wet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Will it be rideable by next week? Recommendations on the Left/right loop vs Thompson, or something else in the area?

That's Special
    I was there last weekend on a camping trip and the trails were in great shape. As long as no crazy weather happens to blow in, you should go and enjoy yourself. I thought all the loops were fun, so go ride them all.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the info. No favorite? I was basing my left/right loop off of the IMBA Epic designation, but had saw something about Thompson being pretty sweet.

mtbr member
    What's the weather going to be like this weekend? And the trail conditions. The wife and I will be there Fri. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Any word on Friday the 25th being good? Had rain 2 days in a row where we are staying in Gatlinburg.

mtbr member
    I'll be there regardless. Look for two Treks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'll be riding by myself….if it's dry. Raw V1 covert.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Would anyone mind telling me where I can find information on Tsali trails? I looked on MTBWNC.com but did not have much luck finding what I needed. What are the best loops and the best directions to take them in? Distances of the various loops would be greatly appreciated as well. Also, I saw that you are not allowed to bike at tsali everyday of the week, is this true? Thanks!

That's damn yankee to you
    Aug 2008
    This is the site I used when I first went to Tsali. http://www.main.nc.us/graham/hiking/tsali.html

Bikes can ride there 7 days a week the trails they are allowed on alternate each day. That way you don't have to worry about running over horses.. only hikers. The preferred direction is posted on each trail at the trail head... suggest route not mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    You know....... whatever bike they are riding, assure them its the biggest bike of any guy you have ever ridden with.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I rode the left and right loops today as one loop, clockwise, as suggested on MTBWNC, but everyone I came across seemed to be going the opposite way. Those trails are designated as an IMBA epic. There were some fun spots, but there are so many blind corners, it's hard to open up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayray74
    I rode the left and right loops today as one loop, clockwise, as suggested on MTBWNC, but everyone I came across seemed to be going the opposite way. Those trails are designated as an IMBA epic. There were some fun spots, but there are so many blind corners, it's hard to open up.
    So did we (same direction), but didn't do the right. Took the road back. The last section of the road coming toward the intersection of the loops would be one hell of a down hill. We were so hot, we hiked a bike up that hill (we didn't get on the trail until 11:30). We experienced the same, people coming counterclockwise. Didn't see anyone going clockwise. Lots of over growth and VERY blind corners. Would probably be easier to see during the winter. Scratched the heck out my arms.

How was the right loop? Just as good as the left?
    Last edited by waterdogs; 06-28-2010 at 06:05 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    thanks for the tips guys! I will have to get out there and give it a go for myself one day soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    It was about the same. It had a pretty fun downhill section…not too blind. I started right around 10

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdogs
    Lots of over growth and VERY blind corners. Would probably be easier to see during the winter. Scratched the heck out my arms.
    Hopefully the upcoming contracted work will take care of this.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky
    Hopefully the upcoming contracted work will take care of this.
    Really? When is that supposed to take place?

Members who have read this thread: 0