Tsali Fall Ride

Printable View

  • 10-25-2014
    HPIguy
    Tsali Fall Ride
    I met up with fellow MTBR member Duckman for a Tsali loop yesterday. The weather, and trail conditions were absolutely perfect. I did a new trail that I had never done, and did right loop in a different direction that IMHO is more fun. It was great catching up with you, and a great ride, thanks Jeff! It was a faster pace than I'm used to, but I think I did okay.


    This is probably about all the color we're going to get this year sadly, and the lot was twice as full when we started out








    Duckman













    Duckman again





  • 10-25-2014
    wncbiker
    I do enjoy Tsali in the fall. Thanks for sharing.
  • 10-25-2014
    Duckman
    Had a good time. We'll do it again. And you did great. We had to go fast inbetween us stopping and talking so much lol. i'm bad about that. I have pics but their out in the truck. Rode Thompson and Mouse today. My legs weren't happy.
  • 10-25-2014
    mikeridesabike
    If Tsali was a little closer to home and I didn't have to drive past Pisgah and DuPont to get there, I would ride it a lot more often. I usually get up there about once a year. Unfortunately, the last couple of tumesy have been on Mouse / Thompson days. I haven't ridden left and right in years.
  • 10-25-2014
    HPIguy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by wncbiker View Post
    I do enjoy Tsali in the fall. Thanks for sharing.

    You're very welcome!

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    Had a good time. We'll do it again. And you did great. We had to go fast inbetween us stopping and talking so much lol. i'm bad about that. I have pics but their out in the truck. Rode Thompson and Mouse today. My legs weren't happy.

    We haven't hung out in a long time either, that's my excuse. Thanks Jeff, for all the encouragement along the way, this ride included. And we'll definitely do it again. Dammit boy, my legs would be protesting too! I took a rest day like you taught me, but I got my new wheels and I'm doing two laps at Jackrabbit tomorrow on them. Post up the pics when you get a chance, I know you got some good ones.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mikeridesabike View Post
    If Tsali was a little closer to home and I didn't have to drive past Pisgah and DuPont to get there, I would ride it a lot more often. I usually get up there about once a year. Unfortunately, the last couple of tumesy have been on Mouse / Thompson days. I haven't ridden left and right in years.

    I too would be hard pressed to pass up DuPont for Tsali. I freaking love DuPont, it's by far my favorite! Haven't done Pisgah yet, but I've promised some friends that I would, soon.
  • 10-25-2014
    mikeridesabike
    And I can bet at dsf in a little over an hour. Tsali takes 2 1/2.
  • 10-26-2014
    kjlued
    Nice pics
  • 10-26-2014
    Duckman
    I was still feeling my all day Pisgah extravaganza a couple days before our ride on Fri. Then Sat I had a trouble just making any power. I guess I'm getting old. haha In reality its hard not to ride a lot right now. The Fall leaves, good weather...and we all know winter is just around the corner.
  • 10-26-2014
    D-Yob
    Planning to move to Asheville area within a year. I'm looking you guys up to do some of these rides. Been vacationing up here past seven years, but other than Bent Creek and racing ORAMM/Jerdon, I haven't experienced these trails you're posting about.

    Absolutely beautiful pictures and riding conditions. I can't wait.
  • 10-26-2014
    HPIguy
    Thanks again everyone!

    Ha ha, Jeff, I was still feeling Tsali today at Jackrabbit. Really diggin' the new wheels, only crappy part is now I want a set for the SS too. :D
  • 10-26-2014
    Duckman
    Thats how it goes Randy, regarding wheels and stuff.

    A good friend once told me back when I was backpacking weekly, and was considering seriously getting into mtbing and knowing how I am..."watch it, you can spend a million dollars on mtbing". Yup.

    Tsali 2 days ago with HPI. Him on right. Beautiful day, and a busy lot for a Fri.




    For anyone not familiar w Tsali, a lot of the trail hangs out just above the water line, like a topo line. Hard to see it, but its 5 yards up from the open rocks(their draining a bit of the lake now for winter flooding).


    HPIguy.


    Random riders.

    Great day to be on a bike.


    Trail pics from yesterday on Mouse.




    Driving over Stecoah mtn back to the house. Sorry, dirty windshield.


    I live 1/4 mile further up this deadend road.


    My place. Note house thru trees middle left. Surrounded by wilderness. The Appalachian trail is just up the mtn above me. Small bridge in foreground goes over wild Trout stream.


    Todays doggie hike on the family property. These 3 run free 100% of the time. Lucky dogs.



    hurry up daddy, lets go.




    The AT goes along that far ridge in upper left.




    The end
  • 10-26-2014
    wncbiker
    Duckman, those of us that live in western NC surely live in paradise. My wife and I just returned from a 3 week car trip to Colorado and Utah. We saw some great country, hiked some nice trails, mtb in some legendary areas, but in the end it was great to get back home. Thanks for sharing your photos.
  • 10-26-2014
    Duckman
    I have to agree wncbiker. One could do much worse regarding living locations. Truly where God lives in the SE.

    Not bikes..but my stepson kayaking this weekend. Beautiful pic. Hes a badarse too. Just got back from kayaking the Zambezi in Africa.
  • 10-26-2014
    HPIguy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    Thats how it goes Randy, regarding wheels and stuff.

    A good friend once told me back when I was backpacking weekly, and was considering seriously getting into mtbing and knowing how I am..."watch it, you can spend a million dollars on mtbing". Yup.

    Wise words for sure, and I can see how that would be easy to do at this point. Great shots too BTW! Looks like you live in an awesome location too.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    I have to agree wncbiker. One could do much worse regarding living locations. Truly where God lives in the SE.

    Not bikes..but my stepson kayaking this weekend. Beautiful pic. Hes a badarse too. Just got back from kayaking the Zambezi in Africa.

    That's a killer shot! And those guys are nucking futs IMHO. Then again, they probably think moto guys and MTB guys are nuts. LOL
  • 10-27-2014
    upstateSC-rider
    Awesome, great shots.
    Never been to Tsali but have always been told how awesome it is.