Tsali area question

Printable View

• 05-13-2011
    kylemason
    Tsali area question
    A group of us from Florida have cabins at the intersection of 28 and 74 at Tsali. I was wondering if there is anything else worth riding within an hour of there or are we better off driving to Dupont or Pisgah at Brevard when the 12 hour race is going on.

I know someone is going to say "Just do the race", but this is a vacation for us.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the local knowledge and help.

Thanks,

Kyle
  • 05-13-2011
    wncbiker
    The trails at Fontana Village.
  • 05-13-2011
    kylemason
    Great! I hadn't found that one yet. Got the map downloaded and printed.

Any others?
  • 05-13-2011
    Maida7
    You can probably still ride Tsali during the race. The race is usually on the left and right loops. Mouse and Thompson should still be open for regular non race traffic.

Besides if your only there for the weekend, Saturday is the only legal day to ride Mouse and Thompson.

Enjoy
  • 05-13-2011
    swoodbrn
    The Flint Ridge trail out the back of Nantahala are sort of interesting.
  • 05-13-2011
    kylemason
    We are riding Chickapeeon Wednesday morning and will be in tsali Thursday to Sunday morning.
  • 05-13-2011
    kylemason
    Quote:

Originally Posted by swoodbrn
    The Flint Ridge trail out the back of Nantahala are sort of interesting.

The only thing I found on Flint ridge said it was short. Have they added more miles to the trail?
  • 05-13-2011
    Maida7
    Tanasi is cool but it's about 1:30 drive. About the same to Pisgah
  • 05-13-2011
    wncbiker
    Hanging Dog, near Murphy; Jackrabbit, neat Haysville. Check the forum for Southern Appalachian Bicycle Association for info.
  • 05-13-2011
    kylemason
    Thanks everyone....

I am printing maps and directions so no one can complain about not having enough to ride!!

Kyle
  • 05-13-2011
    swoodbrn
    Flint
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kylemason
    The only thing I found on Flint ridge said it was short. Have they added more miles to the trail?

Yep, it's good as a stop-off on your way to/from another trail (or, if you're doing some paddling on the Nantahala). Don't know if new trail has been added. When I rode Aug 2010, it was no more than 5 miles.
  • 05-13-2011
    swaneedawg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wncbiker
    Hanging Dog, near Murphy; Jackrabbit, neat Haysville. Check the forum for Southern Appalachian Bicycle Association for info.

The Hanging Dog trails are great! I've got friend who is a local, and with the help of other locals. are trying to put those trails "on the map". The Jackrabbit trails in Hayesville are also good...plenty of good riding in that region.
  • 05-14-2011
    redhawk
    Tanasi! (It's a nice drive if you're not in too much of a hurry.)