Tsali- Mtbr.com

Thread: Tsali

mtbr member

Tsali

I am going up Thursday and camping all weekend and plan on doing some biking and rafting. I plan on riding Tsali on Friday so my options are either the Left or Right loops. Which loop would you guys recommend? Also should I start or end on the fire road? Im just trying to get an idea if which I would have more fun on. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Start on the Right loop and when you get to the Left loop intersection take the Left loop.

Official Cooler Inspector
    I'm personally partial to starting on the Left Loop. I like the terrain changes, open views of the lake and the breeze factor. Right gets more horse traffic and stays wetter if it has rained. Hence, more poppie/wet spots. It's been a while since I rode that, so maybe something has changed.

You could also do both. Have fun!

Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

mtbr member
    May 2009
    i rode both loops this past week end and needed to wear long sleeves it was so grown up but i live in sc and i do more then my fare share of trail main.....

mtbr member
    We rode the LL about a month ago and I agree with diggum, wear sleeves. It tore the heck out of my arms. If it hasn't had a trail day it's likely overgrown more now than when we went. Also, be careful as the overgrown areas lead to lots-o-blind spots. Don't plow into anyone.

If you like DH, County Road/CCW is great, just be careful toward the bottom. There not much of a run off to reduce that speed.
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

mtbr member
    May 2005
    We usually go LL first, but when yu get to the end, take the climb back to and through the parking lot and straight into RL. That way you do the big last climb twice.

Members who have read this thread: 0