Trip to Asheville- Mtbr.com
    the cool nerd

Trip to Asheville

I've already swiped all that I can from other threads fishing for trail suggestions but...

I'm going to be in Asheville June 6-10, so I'm looking for rides..long rides..

I'll be able to ride afternoon/evening on Sunday (6), morning/afternoon on Monday (7), and afternoon/evening on Wednesday (9th). I haven't decided yet between SS or squishy w/gears, been workign through spookykinkajou's recent trip to the area (although I am heavily leaning towards ss)..

So, I would be open to suggestions, and possibly meeting up with someone to show me the trails.

thanks

scott

Official Cooler Inspector

Here ya go

Hit the Search button - type in Pisgah or Bent Creek and take a trip back in time.

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.ee7b962

Another favorite topic is Pisgah Sux.

http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected]
    Last edited by M-U-M; 05-20-2004 at 06:39 PM.

I love Pisgah
    .."sniff...sob...sniff...its its..beautiful". (the old format).

zeebot
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsman
    I've already swiped all that I can from other threads fishing for trail suggestions but...

I'm going to be in Asheville June 6-10, so I'm looking for rides..long rides..

I'll be able to ride afternoon/evening on Sunday (6), morning/afternoon on Monday (7), and afternoon/evening on Wednesday (9th). I haven't decided yet between SS or squishy w/gears, been workign through spookykinkajou's recent trip to the area (although I am heavily leaning towards ss)..

So, I would be open to suggestions, and possibly meeting up with someone to show me the trails.

thanks

scott
    Maybe this will help on bike choice. I'm coming back to pisgah the 2nd week of july for another week of riding(tour guide for some friends as well!) and i'll be pimping my singlespeed and only my singlespeed. I'm liking the SS so much i sold all my crap and am having a custom frame built for me that will hopefully be ready before the next pisgah adventure!

I highly recommend the 34/21 ratio or possibly even higher if you dont trust your legs. my standard 34/18 would be torture on those hills. 34/21 was perfect though, in my opinion, but there were definitely some very tough spots in that gear and after 8 hours you might get some cramps depending on how fast you are riding...just maybe

by the way, get the waterproof map they sell at backcountry in brevard for 10 bucks. it's great and you won't get lost(or shouldnt anyways)