traveling to hendersonville for work- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

traveling to hendersonville for work

Hello everyone, i am traveling to hendersonville NC tomorrow for work, i will be there till wednesday, which looks like may be my only chance to ride, if i am lucky. i am bringing my bike just in case i get some time to ride. If anybody can reccomend a shorter "after work" type ride, or would even be so kind as to come out and show me some trails, i would greatly appreciate it. I know that hendersonville is just south of asheville, and not far from brevard, but the closer to hendersonville the better. Thanks! oh yea, shoot me an email with any advice you might have!
    [email protected]
    thanks!

mtbr member
    The Bent Creek area is about 20 minutes north of H'ville. Here is some good info:

http://www.mtbikewnc.com/trailheads/bentcreek.html

FYI - they changed the exit numbers a while back. It's not exit 2 any more, but I can't remember the new number.

There are usually tons of people there and most are friendly. Just ask someone for advice or to guide you and they will probably be happy to oblige. You can do anything from a 30 minute loop to a 4 hour ride here without having to repeat many trails. There is a shop - Carolina Fatz - very close to here where you could pick up a map and get more information.

Also, DuPont State Forest is 20 minutes West of H'ville. Great riding, but you may have a harder time finding a guide on a weekday. Also, if you are not familiar with the area, it is a little harder to get to. BC is 5 minutes from the Interstate.

Have a large time. And be ready to climb.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

Members who have read this thread: 0