Trails near Ft Bragg -Fayetteville- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Trails near Ft Bragg -Fayetteville

Hey guys. I'm a Colorado rider. so I'm used to more big enduro. and techy stuff.. But I just got stationed here in NC. so far the trails here close are a joke. don't get me wrong they are really nice and I'd take my girl on them for a day ride, but I'm wondering if there's anywhere here in NC I can get an adrenaline rush from.

preferably I'd like to stay within 100 miles of Fayetteville if at all possible.

Thanks in advance guys

BMF
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Have you checked out San Lee Park in Sanford? It's nothing compared to Colorado but the closest thing in the area to what you described.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    No I hadn't checked that area out yet.. but I will sure have too. That looks like some good riding!. appreciate it.
    I heard there are some snowboarding mountains on west end of the state do any of them turn to bike parks in the summer?
    I only have my AM. bike out here now. I don't see the need to ship a dh sled from home though,

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    San lee has a good deal of rock, but most of the rock gardens are flat or slightly up/down. Some nice big berms, decent jumps and little drops. Awesome features and probably the best trail marking in the state. Lots of dudes from Bragg come up there so check around.

Check out Uwharrie too. It is a lot of fun. Not really rocky but a little technical in places and mostly flowy, bermy fun.

Yes both Sugar and Beech Mountain have DH trails. Sugar has a slow lift I hear and is better to shuttle. Beech is awesome. Pretty short runs and they don't have many trails, but what they have is sweet. You can really put down some runs (20+ if you don't stop for beer). There are currently two blacks and one green. A blue is about to open. The green and blue would be perfect for an AM bike. The blacks are do-able but everyone prefers DH bikes on those trails (Sugar too). Snowshoe and Bryce parks in WV and VA aren't too far away (6 hrs max) and are totally worth the drive.

Harris Lake and Legend park are some other options. Harris has around 9ish miles of combined trail. A decent skills area, sweet on trail 2 pack jump set, and a ton of fun natural features (hips, bump jumps, etc). Legend has hucksville with probably the largest drops in the area. Nice wall ride off one of the drop lines. XC trails aren't too long but a lot of fun. Dirt jumps are to be built soon as well.

Checkout triangleMTB.com for more trail info for the triangle area (just NW of you).

BMF
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Bladed-Vaults, I agree with Matty22c.

Matty22c, I finally got a dh bike (Transition TR250) with a Boxxer. I'm looking forward to hit up Beech (with Rocky Knob) and Snowshoe.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladed-Vaults View Post
    Hey guys. I'm a Colorado rider. so I'm used to more big enduro. and techy stuff.. But I just got stationed here in NC. so far the trails here close are a joke. don't get me wrong they are really nice and I'd take my girl on them for a day ride, but I'm wondering if there's anywhere here in NC I can get an adrenaline rush from.

preferably I'd like to stay within 100 miles of Fayetteville if at all possible.

Thanks in advance guys
    Uwharrie may be the best place that is still reasonably close to Fayetteville.

Also, if you setup a bike full rigid and singlespeed trails that were once "easy" become a challenge to ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I just went to scope out Bill Hefner elementary yesterday. Pretty overgrown but there is some potential there if someone took some hedge trimmers to it. Anyone know the status of the trail?

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Are you still stationed in Bragg? Riding this weekend?

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Are you riding this weekend?

Formerly of Kent
    Having ridden extensively in both areas, NC will provide much more of a technical challenge than anything in CO.
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Having ridden extensively in both areas, NC will provide much more of a technical challenge than anything in CO.
    I'm planning on hitting up San Lee park tomorrow if anyone is going.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I'm thinking of going earlier in the morning before the rain hits to San Lee.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I'm with ya, my numbers 9106895872