Trails in Marion?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. Trails in Marion?

There are trials behind some sort of Forest Service Buildings off of 221 N in Marion. I've ridden there once, got lost and came out a few miles down the rode on 221. Anyone have a map or know of any more trials in and around Marion?

Thanks

mtbr member
    GoneWild, I see from your profile, you list Valdese as your location. I was raised in Valdese, now work in Nebo and live in Black Mountain. I don't know of any trails in Marion, but there are a couple of great trails I know of in McDowell county. You can catch Kitsuma at the Old Fort Picnic grounds off of old 70. Kitsuma is reviewed in the trail review section of this website. Heartbreak Ridge can be found on up the road past Andrews Geyser near the intersection with Mills Creek road. Directions and a map of Hreatbreak Ridge can be found at: http://www.wncmountaingoatepics.com/epics.htm

There are also some great trails off of Hwy 181 (Wilson's Gorge). Are there any trails in Valdese? I hadn't started mountain biking when I moved, but it is still home and I would be interested in any trails near or in Valdese.
    Watch out for that tree!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AppMTB
    GoneWild, I see from your profile, you list Valdese as your location. I was raised in Valdese, now work in Nebo and live in Black Mountain. I don't know of any trails in Marion, but there are a couple of great trails I know of in McDowell county. You can catch Kitsuma at the Old Fort Picnic grounds off of old 70. Kitsuma is reviewed in the trail review section of this website. Heartbreak Ridge can be found on up the road past Andrews Geyser near the intersection with Mills Creek road. Directions and a map of Hreatbreak Ridge can be found at: http://www.wncmountaingoatepics.com/epics.htm

There are also some great trails off of Hwy 181 (Wilson's Gorge). Are there any trails in Valdese? I hadn't started mountain biking when I moved, but it is still home and I would be interested in any trails near or in Valdese.
    I've done Kitsuma many times, haven't hit Heartbreak Ridge yet. There's nothing in Valdese that I know of, 181 is where I do most of my riding.

Thanks

Heads up Flyboy!!

Woods Mtn

Woods Mtn is in Marion and is supposed to be about 20 miles long. I haven't had a chance to ride it myself yet but stop by Fuller's Action Shop in downtown Marion. The owner knows the route. I want to do this one soon. Also B, when you ride the trails off of 181 again let me know. I haven't ridden anything but Yaney's Ridge in that area. I'm wanting to learn more.

Jeremy