• 09-22-2010
    jeepskate
    trails in the beaufort area?...or close
    hey how is everybody doing. I am in town for a short while, cousins graduating marines training this week. Really did not plan ahead, just loaded the bike in the jeep and went. Are there any MTB trails in the area, or light/ moderate orv trails? Any help on this will be greately appreciated. thanks, mike
  • 09-22-2010
    pisgahrider
    Beaufort, NC - yes, go to Cherry Point Marine Base and they will let you ride harder-than-you-think sandy trails, or ride in the Croatan, where even some of the frogs are poisonous.

Beaufort, SC - Humm, ask a Chief Warrant Officer with a bike rack on his car!
  • 09-22-2010
    jeepskate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pisgahrider
    Beaufort, NC - yes, go to Cherry Point Marine Base and they will let you ride harder-than-you-think sandy trails, or ride in the Croatan, where even some of the frogs are poisonous.

Beaufort, SC - Humm, ask a Chief Warrant Officer with a bike rack on his car!

i will look that up, thanks. are they technical, or just sandy. anything else i should look out for? im from michigan, where the only thing that could possibly kill you is not natural.
  • 09-23-2010
    brado1
    if Beaufort SC...
    Hunting Island to the north of Beaufort has a Trail loop, though i saw somewhere (could've been this forum) about the main Trail being closed.

if your willing to drive a little; head down 95 into Georgia Tom Triplett Park in Pooler exit Hwy 80 past the Savannah airport. tight singletrack
  • 09-25-2010
    TallChris
    Hunting Island (SC) - main trail is closed. You can ride along the inner edge of the lagoon but it's really not worth it for a mtb ride now. Gorgeous beach though!
  • 09-26-2010
    Forrrest
    Only trail closed is Diamondback rattlesnake trail.