trails in Banner Elk?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

trails in Banner Elk?

Heading to Banner Elk next weekend and was hoping there were some good trails up that way.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Sugar mtn has trails open. check www.skisugar.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Speaking of Sugar... If you pull up the trail map from their site, does anyone know how to get to overlook w/o riding up Switchback, Tom Teriffic or Whoopdeedoo... I haven't been in years and am going this weekend. I thought I remembered a trail going around what is now the upper Reserve to overlook... Either way doesn't matter. Its only a 1200ft climb from bottom to top. Just curious.

mtbr member
    bmbass most of the trail you are reffering to was destroyed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well damn.. so I guess its ride across big red climb up one of the slopes, or climb up the cave?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Brad are you affiliated with the mtn, or just a big fan?

mtbr member
    I am the asst patrol director and friends/coworker with everyone there. As far as riding it as a loop you can pedal up the cc trail(none of the hiking/biking signs are up yet but they will be soon) or the slope. You can also pedal up the road to the reserve. There are a couple ways down that are fun. The DH track starts at the top of northridge (there are a couple trees down that will be cleared out soon) and crosses the slope several times. The Super D starts in the woods in between red and slalom and crosses near the top of the terrain park. Lift rides start in july and run weekends through september.Drop me a line I a more than willing to show anyone around.-Brad

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks Brad I'll be up there this weekend riding/pushing an Orange 5 to the top. Haha PM me a number if you want me to give you a shout. Looking forward to getting out to Wilsons too for sure. I grew up around Lenoir / Blowing Rock and never even knew there were such gnarly trails in there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    sugar_brad is a badass - good luck keeping up with him!!!

mtbr member
    lol, when I place top 10 at the burn 24 our...solo...then I will be a badass.some guy I know did that.

mtbr member
    Sugar Brad doesn't know any good trails. It's all a myth. Bent Creek is better.
    "You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

Members who have read this thread: 0