Trail conditions Paris Mountain SC and Clemson SC?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2014

Trail conditions Paris Mountain SC and Clemson SC?

Been searching the web for an hour trying to find out the trail conditions for Paris Mountain or Clemson. I'm in the Atlanta are and want to ride Monday and Tuesday. Hard to find a system that would be OK.

mtbr member
    Checking for you. I've inquired with friends that went to Paris today. Checking on FB group for Issaqueena.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I know Paris had a couple inches of snow, but a lot of that has melted today, and pretty much all of it will be gone tomorrow. I don't know that I would ride Paris on Monday (people did ride today), but Tuesday should be fine IMO. They do not close the trails there, but they will post a sign at the gate requesting bikes to not ride if the trails are too wet. I have called and asked before, and been told that maybe we should give it another day, only to see that friends rode there, and said the trails were perfect.

Clemson is another place where the trails don't close. I don't think they had quite as much snow, but I am not sure. I did see on Strava that some people rode there today.
    2019 Yeti SB150
    2017 YT Jeffsy AL Two 29
    2011 Trek Rumblefish 1

mtbr member
    I haven't ridden either one the past few days but they usually drain well, don't think you'll have a problem. You can also try The FB group "Mountain biking the Upstate" as it will probably yield a quicker response.
    Have a good ride.

Edited to add...I'm a day late and dollar short.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I tried the Facebook group but you can't post until you are let in the group.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Anybody ride Paris Mt or Pleasant Ridge yesterday. I'd like to hit the trails today ahead of the rain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manodpickr View Post
    Anybody ride Paris Mt or Pleasant Ridge yesterday. I'd like to hit the trails today ahead of the rain.
    Not sure about Paris, but I know several people who have ridden Pleasant Ridge since Tuesday, and said it's fine. Plus Upstate SORBA has a trail work day there tomorrow, so any damage will be fixed. I would think Paris Mountain would be fine as well.

mtbr member
    Tim, Issaqueena riding OK? Thinking about heading down there Sunday or Monday (I get federal holidays off work) if it does rain in the mountains enough to keep the mud levels high.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Should be fine. Rode Pisgah Ranger District last night and it was rad town. Most things should probably be running well today. Garbage tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown View Post
    Tim, Issaqueena riding OK? Thinking about heading down there Sunday or Monday (I get federal holidays off work) if it does rain in the mountains enough to keep the mud levels high.
    Issaqueena should be fine assuming no torrential downpour on Saturday night.

Pisgah may be ok, but Dupont is not. It was a swamp on Tuesday evening. I think it needs time to dry out.

mtbr member
    I'm super aware of trail conditions here in the mountains, no worries there. Thanks for the info on issaqueena.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy G. Parrish View Post
    Not sure about Paris, but I know several people who have ridden Pleasant Ridge since Tuesday, and said it's fine. Plus Upstate SORBA has a trail work day there tomorrow, so any damage will be fixed. I would think Paris Mountain would be fine as well.

Yep, Pleasant Ridge was great today. Let's hope we don't get a lot of rain tomorrow, since Sunday is supposed to be another nice day. Thanks for your help!