Are they really JUMPING that???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Are they really JUMPING that???

So you do Daniel Ridge counterclockwise...you finish the rocky downhill section, and just where the trail turns into wide singletrack(narrow doubletrack?) there is an old washed-out bridge over the river...and on the other side, a ramp built up.

IS SOMEBODY JUMPING THAT??? It's a LONGG way down to the river...or a Wil E. Coyote smash into the stone bridge embankment. REALLY???

mtbr member
    HAHAHAH, I think that is the same picture that TZ put up in another thread isn't it?
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    yeah, they jump it.... there's quite a long run up on the other side so I'm sure they can get plenty of speed, and you are right - it's a long way down if you miss
    many gears, some pies

banned
    Ole one pie is right. Most of us ride alot and increase our cardio and strength and have a vast knowledge of local trail systems and we ride technical terrain and most have better than average bike handling skills but...................... the Freeriders and true downhillers are only interested in going fast and gettin big air,if they have to pedal very much its called XC riding. That jump is easy....for them.

XC Champion
    May 2006
    Yeah - I came across a picture on facebook the other day of someone jumping it.

mtbr member
    Anyone care to share a photo with the class?

mtbr member
    I was out on tuesday riding farlow down to daniel ridge.I wasn't aware that someone had rebuilt the kicker on the other side.That is a fun gap. It probably won't be there for long.If you question it, you probably shouldn't try it.The epitome of pisgah freeride-illegal stunts.No wonder freeriders in this area get such a bad rap. i'm no saint,but that stunt is asking to be torn down.Too bad,really.

mtbr member
    HAHAHAHA no way??? that gap is huge some one post pics ASAP I got to see this!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cascaderider9
    I just dont get the fascination with sucking the money cock.

Its got what plants crave
    If it's the one I saw in the other thread it is a pretty good gap. But I have faith in the skillz of the Pisgah area riders. I can't tell how far the drop is but the jump looks fun although the lander is completely flat. How do you get across otherwise? Walk around? Seems like the path of least resistance.

I think this post has the pics in question:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...2&postcount=36

mtbr member
    Just remember the Alamo:

http://www.hickhucksters.com/illegal-trail-building/

I have a feeling we're headed for some sort of a showdown in Pisgah. The legal trails here are super boring on a long-travel bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.F.L.
    The legal trails here are super boring on a long-travel bike.
    We need to have a full rigid Farlow time trial.

Your such a Buzz Kill with that Hick Huckster link
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    MOST of the trails.

I'm just worried about what's gonna happen when these boys get sent up to the federal pen and have to tell their cellmates:

" We're here for the hucking."

I have some mixed feelings about the Hick Huckster story. What those guys did is obviously illegal and sets a bad precedent. HOWEVER... had those guys been given adequate opportunities to ride what they wanted, would they have done that? Doubt it. If you think even for a second that the forestry service would have condoned their proposal (had they submitted one) you've lost your mind. Until freeriders and downhillers are given a fair shake, and a little bit of land to ride and play on, this stuff will keep happening. It is obvious that there is interest in this sort of riding, but it's a tough battle to get anyone to agree to it. It is inherantly risky and hard to manage, that's the nature of the beast. Bikes, the sport, and the riders have progressed so much that we are seeking bigger challenges, rougher terrain, larger hits... and until riders are given what they want.. well.. the ends may justify the means to some.

mtbr member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    If it's the one I saw in the other thread it is a pretty good gap. But I have faith in the skillz of the Pisgah area riders. I can't tell how far the drop is but the jump looks fun although the lander is completely flat. How do you get across otherwise? Walk around? Seems like the path of least resistance.
    the drop to the creek is about 9 feet.the gap itself about 15 feet. the tranny is like the creek gap at clemson,a little flat but you dont notice it with speed.

mtbr member
    yep, that's it. does that trail go anywhere?

Members who have read this thread: 0