Sunday! Anyone Riding This Sunday??- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Asheville YetiRider
    Reputation: Asheville YetiRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    278

    Good job! Sunday! Anyone Riding This Sunday??

    Looking to ride with anyone anywhere (almost) any distance any pace. Just name the time and place and I will show.
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

  2. #2
    Jamin, Applesause, No?
    Reputation: Senor StrongBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    708
    I will be riding South Side this Sunday.... Hopefully.... Thinking about a Full loop hitting almost all the trails.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheville YetiRider
    Looking to ride with anyone anywhere (almost) any distance any pace. Just name the time and place and I will show.
    A friend and I are riding about a 25-mile there-and-back on Section 2 of the Enoree Passage of the Palmetto Trail tomorrow (Sat) morning and will depart the Brickhouse Rec Area at 8:00 AM sharp. We have not ridden that one but rode Section 3 a few weeks back and enjoyed it. You will find maps of that trail along with driving directions to Brickhouse by doing a web search for, well, Enoree Passage of The Palmetto Trail.

    You are welcome to join us.

    EDIT: Oops, did not notice that you specified Sunday.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtpisgah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    238
    FATS is open so we may head there.

  5. #5
    pronounced may-duh
    Reputation: Maida7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,306
    I'm thinking Pisgah

  6. #6
    Official Cooler Inspector
    Reputation: M-U-M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,652
    Go to Icycle and hit T-sally Sunday on the way home.
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation: motobutane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,231
    How about Windrock? Here's last Sunday, I'm in the gray MSR jersey at 2:10 - 2:40 and a few other seconds somewhere.

    <object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/181301/l/' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/181301/l/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always'></embed></object>

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    How about Windrock? Here's last Sunday, I'm in the gray MSR jersey at 2:10 - 2:40 and a few other seconds somewhere.

    <object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/181301/l/' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/181301/l/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always'></embed></object>
    Where is Windrock? Looks like a fantastic trail. How many miles long?

    Thanks

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation: motobutane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,231
    Not enough ????? here's more edited footage from Sunday, I think we had 3 go-pro hero cameras
    At 2 minutes thats my handlebars in the lower window - at 4 minutes I'm in front of brain and Jason's behind him He had a camera on his fork and rear brake - at 5 minutes I crash!!! and 6:20 -7:40 I'm following Brain.

    <object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/181245/l/' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/181245/l/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always'></embed></object>

  10. #10
    banned
    Reputation: motobutane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpbumper
    Where is Windrock? Looks like a fantastic trail. How many miles long?

    Thanks
    Windrock is......
    right here.

    There is a group of local riders that cabled off trails for bicycles only and they maintain and build on them what ever they want too, wooden berms,drops,jumps & gap jumps. There is several miles of xc trails there also.Its the same driving distance going to WR versus Croft for me.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,027
    Pat - how about meeting at the fish hatchery about 11 and riding the first half of the Swank course? Except that we turn right on LB and head down to the hatchery.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  12. #12
    Asheville YetiRider
    Reputation: Asheville YetiRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by motobutane
    Not enough ????? here's more edited footage from Sunday, I think we had 3 go-pro hero cameras
    At 2 minutes thats my handlebars in the lower window - at 4 minutes I'm in front of brain and Jason's behind him He had a camera on his fork and rear brake - at 5 minutes I crash!!! and 6:20 -7:40 I'm following Brain.

    <object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/181245/l/' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/181245/l/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always'></embed></object>
    Awesome video!!! That's one hellofa teaser. Great Videography.
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

  13. #13
    Asheville YetiRider
    Reputation: Asheville YetiRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    278
    Mike- Fish Hatchery at 11 sounds like a winner. Maybe some other peeps like Maida will join us.
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

  14. #14
    pronounced may-duh
    Reputation: Maida7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheville YetiRider
    Mike- Fish Hatchery at 11 sounds like a winner. Maybe some other peeps like Maida will join us.
    Highly possible, I hope to make it. I just need to more out logistics on the home front.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridn29s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    671
    I'll try for 11AM, you know you have to ride up 475B, no other way to the top of Cove Creek and Daniel.
    many gears, some pies

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,027
    You guys will need to remember that I am in Febuary shape, which is even slower than my usual speed.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  17. #17
    ohhman
    Reputation: salmansp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    322
    5 pm. Blk lot.
    Maxwell - Black- Sycamore
    Beer

    Extreme Race Pace up. I will walk most everything down.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridn29s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    671
    today may have to be a 2fer
    many gears, some pies

  19. #19
    pronounced may-duh
    Reputation: Maida7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    Highly possible, I hope to make it. I just need to more out logistics on the home front.
    Sad to say, I can't make it. I've got family obligations.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    117
    How was the ride? Were the trails in good shape? I'm hoping to get out tomorrow, but want to avoid mudfest trails.

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation: motobutane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by tallpaul
    How was the ride? Were the trails in good shape? I'm hoping to get out tomorrow, but want to avoid mudfest trails.
    Long branch was "greasy" just ask solac the red. Cat gap is a mudfest.

  22. #22
    2 wheels & a meat motor
    Reputation: Solrac the red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    215
    It was slicker than two slugs f...king in a bucket of snot.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeridesabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,027
    Cove Creek and Daniel were in good shape. The roads are a bit soft. But it was still a great ride. I just hit the car wash on the way home to clean my bike.
    Friends don let friends ride road bikes.
    http://www.facebook.com/mikebmiller

  24. #24
    ohhman
    Reputation: salmansp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeridesabike
    Cove Creek and Daniel were in good shape. The roads are a bit soft. But it was still a great ride. I just hit the car wash on the way home to clean my bike.
    Hope you were on a hardtail... That way the car-wash only cost you headset and wheel bearings...not pivot bearings as well....

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.