Staying at Falling Waters near Bryson City. Which trail to ride?- Mtbr.com
    Cannondale Snob

Staying at Falling Waters near Bryson City. Which trail to ride?

May 9-12 my girlfriend and I will be at the Falling Waters Resort near Bryson City, only 17 minutes West of Tsali. This will be our first MTB trip out of FL. We will really only have Sunday and Monday to hit some trails, as we are also going Kayaking and maybe hiking some of the App. Trail. My idea was to bike on the day we would go hiking (likely Monday).

I am an advanced rider, and she is an intermediate rider. We both get bored on smooth trails, though here in FL that also means flat trails. Tsali is so conveniently close to us that I am really tempted to ride it, but I'm worried we'll be bored with it. Fontana Village is probably doable, but I can't find much information on it.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

bust a move
    Fontana trails were good and I like riding the flint ridge trail @ the NOC. Don't know of anything else close by.
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

Two wheels are best
    I haven't ridden any trails in Fl but, I have spoken to many folks from FL while ridding Tsali. They've all said the same thing...Tsali is NOTHING like the trails they ride back home.

Since you are staying so close...you could ride Tsali and then, if you're bored...go ride Fontana Village all in the same day.
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

mtbr member

The owners are the nicest people

Too bad I try to conceal my identity on-line, or else I would tell you to tell Joe and his wife that %$*% and &@)!&@( said hi! They are the nicest people and the pancakes they cook for breakfast are a real treat. At night everyone pitches in for dinner, and they have a campfire going to sit and relax by every evening. The atmosphere is very pleasant and we have always had good experiences there. It's calm and it seems as if the visitors also end up soaking the vibe in and are pleasant to be around. Very much a familial atmosphere. We try to go at least once a year even though we're close enough to the area that we don't have to camp or spend an overnight. It is Tumbling Waters by the way.
    "You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

Its got what plants crave
    You'll have a good time at Tsali. The scenery is nice and the singletrack is pretty fun. Nothing XTREME but enjoyable. If you want to shred the gnar head to Pisgah.

Cannondale Snob
    CHIEF- we must be thinking of different places. It has been Falling Waters since... ''97? I think this will be my 4th time staying there. It is owned by Wild Water LTD, a rafting company whose main facility is across the street (Hwy74) from the road which leads down to the resort.

Falling Waters Resort
    10345 US Hwy. 74 West
    Bryson City, NC 28713
    Phone:1-800-451-9972
    Fax: 864-647-5361
    email: [email protected]
    http://www.fallingwatersresort.com/

Last edited by RiskEverything; 05-06-2009 at 05:34 AM.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

I love Pisgah
    Quote Originally Posted by RiskEverything
    CHIEF- we must be thinking of different places. It has been Falling Waters since... ''97? I think this will be my 4th time staying there. It is owned by Wild Water LTD, a rafting company whose main facility is across the street (28) from the road which leads down to the resort.

Falling Waters Resort
    10345 US Hwy. 74 West
    Bryson City, NC 28713
    Phone:1-800-451-9972
    Fax: 864-647-5361
    email: [email protected]
    http://www.fallingwatersresort.com/

Yup. Tumbling Waters is a small private campground thats about 2 miles of pavement riding(just off Hwy 28) from the trails at Tsali. Owned by the Gheko's(or something like that. My wife 'mtb mentored' their HS age daughter yr before last). Great people.
    Last edited by Duckman; 05-06-2009 at 08:22 AM.
    "I've breathed the mtn air, man" Johnny Cash

It's a long way to the top
    . . . if you wanna rock and roll (ac/dc)

Members who have read this thread: 0