So I went to the Croft/southside trails.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

So I went to the Croft/southside trails.

Yesterday was my first day in the woods on a mtb, it was freaking awsome. I rode half of the loop and went home but I did not see a single soul on the trail. I've always had a quad or dirtbike so this no engine thing is weird but I like it. I'm going back today around 9:30 to ride the other side so if anyone wants to ride I'll be there on my red Cannondale.

I talked to a guy the last time I took my dogs out there for a hike and he said they were more trails on the other side, how do I get there and where are the maps.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperbrad

I talked to a guy the last time I took my dogs out there for a hike and he said they were more trails on the other side, how do I get there and where are the maps.
    for right now we have a map posted on our website, note all of the bootleg trails on the Dairy Ridge area aren't posted on that map, We've got a couple people of working with the park to get the maps updated and everything posted.

https://www.upstatesorba.org/index.p...=124&Itemid=76

MAP

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    cool, I like the place and i'm only 15min from it so I'll be hitting it up alot.

Slow, Fat and Old
    Aug 2008
    Feel free to pm me if you want to learn some of the Dairy Ridge trails sometime.

consistent default champ
    Southside is a great place to ride! You quickly learn things like what your handle bars can fit through, how to climb rooty spots (High and Dry trail) and all kinds of great lessons there! I wish it was closer.
    Part of the Croft area across the big bridge has trails but most of them are for horses. I don't know if you are aware of that but if you have been hiking there you may already know.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Feel free to pm me if you want to learn some of the Dairy Ridge trails sometime.
    I work third so I can ride everyday so I may hit you up in a week or 2, but first I need some practice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Can I ride up at croft right after a rain? don't want to hurt the trail or anything without checking.

Slow, Fat and Old
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperbrad
    Can I ride up at croft right after a rain? don't want to hurt the trail or anything without checking.
    After that little splash we had yesterday, it should be fine. But after a big rain, it is good to give the trail a couple of days to dry. Most of it drains pretty well, but Centerline and a few other spots get pretty muddy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just got back from my second trip to croft by myself, and had a blast. I went in at the southside parking area and hit the right side today. tuesday I just hit the left side so, I went around the SS/pass. until I got to idaho and boy was that fun. I had no problems with it until I got to the second big gully you have to cross and the rain + steep hill was to much. then I went back around the SS/pass. to the beginning of the outlaw and idaho but i was tired by then so I came home.

what is the trail that comes out on the top of that hill beside across from the shooting range.

Members who have read this thread: 0