SC Midlands Chapter of SORBA- Mtbr.com
    Drinker w/ Riding Problem

SC Midlands Chapter of SORBA

just saw this on the SORBA Forum:

There will be an informational/launch meeting for a new SORBA chapter in the Midlands of SC on Tuesday October 19 at 6:00 pm.

Midlands Chapter of SORBA
    Tuesday, October 19th 6:00 pm
    Earth Fare –Community Room
    3312 Devine Street. Columbia

If you know of bikers in the area, please share the info. We need 50 local members to get a chapter started.
    Feel free to contact me for more info - [email protected]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    i think they should name it SORBA Cola!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Interesting. I've always been surprised that for its size and the handful of trails around town that there isn't a tighter community, but then again, I'm not mr. groupride. I hope to attend. Thanks for posting the notice.

Team Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by TallChris
    Interesting. I've always been surprised that for its size and the handful of trails around town that there isn't a tighter community, but then again, I'm not mr. groupride. I hope to attend. Thanks for posting the notice.
    +1

I hope to attend as well.

Team Martin
    Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    i think they should name it SORBA Cola!
    We have a winner!

fart knocker
    im up for this. what is required of a sorba member?

on a side note...... chris, did you ever get that single speed 29'er, or are you still bikeless??
    Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis1
    Yeah. I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.

Paste eater

Seriously. New around here and am very surprised... I'll be there.

fart knocker
    dont forget this is tomorrow night

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nice turnout! I was glad to go. I had to leave early (had my chirn in tow). What was the outcome of the meeting?

fart knocker
    in my unqualified opinion the meeting was just to gauge interest, and get contact info from those interested. most of the discussion was about actual startup and structuring, which the majority of people there wont have much to do with. some discussion of rumored development of black mountain was thrown around. harb state forest lack of desire for further trail development. also how organizing could possibly benefit us as a group. there was atleast one person there interested mainly in bashing friends of harbison and their lack of getting anything done. but in their defense, i understand the difficulty in dealing with land owners who arent interested in what youre doing with their land...... ie if you want to hunt on a persons land who doesnt hunt, or bike on a persons land who doesnt bike. so the meeting ended with the agreement to meet again in a month or so, and some emails should be flying about what your interest in sorba/imba would be.

on a side note..... it was thrown out that there is a small group of guys doing the brunt of trail maintenance at harbison...... if any of you guys see this, or you know these guys, please shoot me a pm or post back with your email. i would like to get together with you to help out any way i can.

Paste eater
    What was the outcome of the meeting?
    Well, not a whole lot. Like Dominic said, seemed mostly to gauge interest. I was pretty disappointed in the FOH bashing. Especially since it was coming from the lips of the Manager at South Lake Cycles. Like it or not, FOH has the upper hand here. Better to unite than fight. Dealing with land owners/managers is really a primary goal of organizations like IMBA/SORBA/NEMBA.

Hopefully this won't fall by the wayside. We should set up a weekly or biweekly SORBA ride since none of the bike shops run group rides. I'm no expert, but In my experience, there's no better way to recruit club members than to do what we all want to do... RIDE!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    i dont think that guy worked for southlake i thought cycle center but i have been wrong before //////////////////// but im in on the group ride just name the date and time you dont wnat me to come up with a date or time because i dont work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0