Ridgeline Trail in DuPont- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Ridgeline Trail in DuPont

Ridgeline Trail in DuPont will be closed for maintenance Fri. July 8th and Sat. July 9th. Barricades will be placed at both side of the trail with a trail closed sign. Anyone choosing to ignore the barricade and signs will promptly be put to work when they travel close to folks working on the trail.

We should have this trail opened back up late afternoon on Sat. July 9th.

Please respect the closure, or better yet join us for the volunteer work party on Sat. AM at 9.

Woody

mtbr member

WeeWeeWeee!

Closing Ridgeline??? But that's my favorite trail! WeeWeeWeeeeee!

Hope to be there Friday as well as Saturday...

TZ
    Geriatric mountain biker and trail maintainer... ...with digital braking!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Please respect the closure

Folks,

The SORBA workday this Sat. (July 9) was a success, but the project was a big one and we are not quite finished with Ridgeline.

Please respect the closure until we are finished with everything that need to be done. TD crew will be working again on Monday to finish up the needed machine work. We are not being paid for our work, we are volunteering this. I plan to host a Dirty Thursday this week to work with volunteers blowing leaves back over spoils etc. and doing some "pretty" work. I will state a new thread for that Dirty Thursday.

I know that Ridgeline is a favorite for many. We hope to have in back on line and open by the weekend. If you come help on Thursday eve, that should be possible.

In the meantime, please respect the closure of this trail.

Thanks to everyone who came out on Sat.

Woody
    Last edited by Woodman; 07-10-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Foreign Entity
    Yep, thought we would ride Ridgeline this morning but saw you were still working on it so we rode some other trails.

Rode a new section down off the road, forgive me for forgetting the name, but we did enjoy the flow of it.

Appreciate you putting the time in to maintain and build the trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_from_SA View Post
    Yep, thought we would ride Ridgeline this morning but saw you were still working on it so we rode some other trails.

Rode a new section down off the road, forgive me for forgetting the name, but we did enjoy the flow of it.

Appreciate you putting the time in to maintain and build the trails.
    Thank you for riding other trails today. It is disruptive to have riders ignoring the "trail closed, do not enter" signs and rolling through when we are trying to get work done.

My favorite excuse from today:

"We drove up from Charlotte especially to ride this trail".

There are 85 miles of trails and roads open to mtn bikes in DuPont, do you really have to ride the one trail currently closed?

Join us sometime for a workday, that is the best way to say "thank you".

Woody

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Ridgeline is open

We re-opened Ridgeline Trail at lunch today, it is new and improved. Thanks to the SORBA volunteers who helped make this happen.

I have requested from DSF management to keep the trail closed to horses for a few weeks until it gets pack in, those signs should (hopfully) go up this afternoon.

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Woody, rode Ridgeline twice this weekend...once with my daughter and once alone. Just curious....other than maintenance was there an intent to slow down the end of the trail? Seemed like it was made to be a bit tighter and the overall speed was reduced. Not complaining or criticizing...just wondering. That trail was/is very fast and used by a lot of different user types.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist View Post
    Woody, rode Ridgeline twice this weekend...once with my daughter and once alone. Just curious....other than maintenance was there an intent to slow down the end of the trail? Seemed like it was made to be a bit tighter and the overall speed was reduced. Not complaining or criticizing...just wondering. That trail was/is very fast and used by a lot of different user types.

Yes, that was a goal of the project.The biggest difference with that was at the bottom where the trail got a bit more twisty to slow speeds dropping on the road. As you note, this is still a fairly fast trail and has high use by a range of different users including horses. Watching your speeds and respecting other users including yielding to all other users (including uphill mtn bikers) is appreciated. We may post signs to that effect at the top at some point in the future.

Support Pisgah Area Soba
    Did two loops myself on Saturday and trail still is great!!!! Thanks for your efforts Woody.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Logover View Post
    Did two loops myself on Saturday and trail still is great!!!! Thanks for your efforts Woody.
    How come everybody got to ride 2 loops on this Sat. but me? Oh I remember now, I was working flagging some new trail east of Asheville.

Glad you had a good ride.

Support Pisgah Area Soba
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    How come everybody got to ride 2 loops on this Sat. but me? Oh I remember now, I was working flagging some new trail east of Asheville.

Glad you had a good ride.

EAST? How far east?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Logover View Post
    EAST? How far east?
    Just barely east, but private so not open to the public.

Team Martin
    I try to make it to Dupont at least twice a year on average & I always look forward to riding Ridgeline!

To Woody, PAS, & all the volunteers who have made the trails at Dupont what they are, I say many thanks to you all