Richmond Hill route "signed"- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Richmond Hill route "signed"

As of 4pm today, the outer "loop" is done until next spring (when some segments will be added). This means I put up signs.

If you go into the park, look for the Trails sign near the handicapped parking.
    You will see some two track across the mulch field. There will be yellow plastic blazes/arrow at this entrance. (ran out).
    After you go down the two track, follow the yellow plastic blazes/arrows. This counterclockwise loop is about 2.75 hard miles. It is also the race course. You will cross the creek twice.

By Thursday, I'll have more yellow blazes/arrows up(going both directions) and all of the alternate trails will be signed with orange blazes/arrows. Orange routes are side trails, which will always link back into the yellow loop. You can make about 5-6 miles of really fun riding doing the yellow loop and then linking all the orange trails. Try the yellow loop in both directions, it flows great both ways.

Maps are next.

Thanks to Craig with Ski Country Sports/ WNC Bicycle Dealer's Association for donating the blazes/arrows.

Mike

banned
    Man I have got to get over there and ride your trails Mike, it sounds like you have really busted your @ss building these trails, Thanks!

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Mike has been one motivated individual lately!

As far as I can tell here's Mike's Saturday.

Road to BC > BC Road > 5000 > Spencer > Trace > 5000 > BC Road > Lower Sidehill > roads back to town > lunch > 5 hrs of trailwork!!

I was with him for the riding...dunno how he got motivated for the trailwork Sat AND Sun!

Y'all need to come out and race on Friday!!
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

Asheville YetiRider
    I rode Richmond Hill for the first time this morning. I figured I should pre ride that part of the course before Friday's fun race. Wow, Mike I am impressed. I can tell you and the other volunteers put a ton of hard work into making it reality. I followed your well marked arrow route. It will be interesting to see how it wears/evolves after a year or so of many more riders.
    Without any street signs I had to call Van after I could not find it. I suppose it will just be time as word gets out that itís at the end of the road where the National Guard is in the disc golf parking lot.
    I must add that the trail kept me alert. No time for day dreaming at least the first time around. Itís a great trail system. I can leave my place above McCormick Field and be pedaling in the woods in 10 min. Can't beat it. Thank You.
    There are Mountain Bikes and then there is "The Santa Cruz High Ball"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheville YetiRider
    I can leave my place above McCormick Field and be pedaling in the woods in 10 min.

Everything else aside, that's the whole point. Glad you had fun and thanks for riding in the stuff I built this weekend. It needs it.

Members who have read this thread: 0