Richmond Hill downed trees- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Richmond Hill downed trees

For the regular users, be aware that the Monday night storms triggered chain reaction downfall making one key section of trail impassable- you cannot ride around the overlook of the river. 20-30 downed trees. I am still recovering from a dislocated elbow and cannot cut these out myself, so it will take 1-2 weeks for me to get some other people out there and clear the trail. I'll post when clear, might not be worth coming out to this small trail system until cleared. If you know your way around the still un-official trails, you can piece a ride together, but the blazed route is blocked completely.

To answer the inevitable Richmond Hill Mountain Bike Challenge questions; we are still in the permitting proceess with the city, including determining cost of paying for police support. Police support was free last year as the Mountain Sports Festival was a city- sponsored event; MSF is now a private non-profit. If the cost of police support would create prohibitively high entry fees (anything over 25 bucks, IMO) we'll change the race format. I've been told I'll have answers to these questions 4/15/11, will post details including opening registration thereafter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I agree with the cost of registration, hopefully something will work out.

Support Pisgah Area Soba
    I posted this on PAS website and will post updates there as you post them.

Click here for posted threat for PAS Trail Work Request Outcome

banned
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YtsvsLFYYSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    logover- In the future, I'll e-mail you this info directly so you don't have to cut and paste it from the forum. We've got a couple sawyers coming out at 5:30 next Weds to cut out the trees; gtdrew, we could use your help as a swamper then. If anybody else is interested in helping, please pm or e-mail me so I can track who's coming out. We only need another 2-3 people, more than that will get in each other's way.

BTW, if anybody's looked at the PAS website lately, logover is the MAN!! He's really stepped up and helped make the website a tremendous resource, check it out when you get a chance.

Wait, is that "spam" for the PAS website? (hah-hah).

mtbr member
    Parking, and race passing are the two problems that come to mind when suggesting a no asphalt version of this event. Hm...
    My one says BRAP!

pronounced may-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by plume
    Parking, and race passing are the two problems that come to mind when suggesting a no asphalt version of this event. Hm...
    There is plenty of parking at the armory. It's possible that the armory would donate the use of their parking lot for the race.

mtbr member
    Cutting out trees at 5:30 tomm. We could use 1-2 more swampers (people who clean out after the sawyers) and not get in each other's way. Come out if you feel like it, email me at [email protected] to let me know you'll be there.

plume- Parking we can handle as David describes. If the mile or so of double track is added to each lap, would you be less concerned about passing?

Anyway, these questions will be answered 4/15 when we find out what the city is trying to charge us for their requirement of police support. I truly hope the event happens same as last year's format, it was a blast. Stay tuned, kids...

mtbr member
    Trails are clear enough to enjoy. Thanks sjanes, kkjellkuist, and rknupp!

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Can't think of a better way to work off my community service hours! Damn ponzi schemes!!
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown

plume- Parking we can handle as David describes. If the mile or so of double track is added to each lap, would you be less concerned about passing?
    Yes. Thanks for all the hard work MB and co - It will be enjoyed, rode out there the other day and saw all the downfall - lots of big stuff must have come out!
    My one says BRAP!

Members who have read this thread: 1