Request for Chase Cam- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Request for Chase Cam

After tons of runs that dont show my drifts and jumps from POV videos; Im requesting someone just as fast as I am or faster to follow me with a chase cam and time my runs down PBJ and Boat Rock.

Going to be riding within two hours at RKP today.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dragracer88 View Post
    After tons of runs that dont show my drifts and jumps from POV videos; Im requesting someone just as fast as I am or faster to follow me with a chase cam and time my runs down PBJ and Boat Rock.

Going to be riding within two hours at RKP today.
    Let's see some of those pov videos, what's your youtube name

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    ///

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Strava will record those times for you if you have a smart phone, as well as show you what other people's times are. You'll be faster if you don't drift though, but I certainly get it's fun to let it hang a little loose around the corners.

mtbr member
    I know....my Ikons are the reason I cant go any faster. If I lean too much; the tires start sliding and spinning. XC tires dont hold speed well for downhill like PBJ.

Tried a segment search...cant find PBJ on Strava. Its risky to bring my tablet; just in case I fall....so Id prefer another rider doing chase cam.

mtbr member
    Next time I'm at RKP I would be happy to follow you down Brendan. PBJ is on Strava for sure. Keep saving from that new job and look into getting a smart phone.

mtbr member
    Contigency and Races are my main focus. Anything not put in races or my last race prep; will be put in contigency. So I can keep riding hard if all the drops, wheel lifts and jumps ever breaks the chain or drivetrain. With my goals for next year.....misc things like a smartphone or a gopro hero 3 are going to wait. Because I want that RM125.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    If your buying a used older 125 look for a Yamaha yz125. Itís a much better bike than the rm in every way

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dragracer88 View Post
    Contigency and Races are my main focus. Anything not put in races or my last race prep; will be put in contigency. So I can keep riding hard if all the drops, wheel lifts and jumps ever breaks the chain or drivetrain. With my goals for next year.....misc things like a smartphone or a gopro hero 3 are going to wait. Because I want that RM125.
    you can find something fairly inexpensive and not really damage your budget. A Lezyne mini computer will set you back abt $100 and can handle any timing duties you need and help you track yourself over time. Then you won't have to work so hard to find someone to do a follow cam to handle your timing.

Worst case, get yourself an inexpensive wrist watch with a stopwatch function and track your times on a spreadsheet (when I started riding, that's what people actually did before GPS and smartphones).