• 09-03-2010
    D.F.L.
    Rent me your hitch rack, please! (WNC)
    I'm looking for a 1 1/4 2-bike, 29er-friendly, hitch rack to use for 2 weeks, give or take a day or two.

I thought I had something worked out, but a major rust issue has thrown a wrench into things, and I don't have time to fabricate anything. There's not enough gum and tape in the world to fix this one.

Let me know what you've got and I'll see what we can come up with. PM me or bystickelbicycles ( at sign) yahoo.com. Thanks in advance!
  • 09-03-2010
    brado1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by D.F.L.
    I'm looking for a 1 1/4 2-bike, 29er-friendly, hitch rack to use for 2 weeks, give or take a day or two.

I thought I had something worked out, but a major rust issue has thrown a wrench into things, and I don't have time to fabricate anything. There's not enough gum and tape in the world to fix this one.

Let me know what you've got and I'll see what we can come up with. PM me or bystickelbicycles ( at sign) yahoo.com. Thanks in advance!

i'd offer mine but it's a 2" hitch
  • 09-03-2010
    timdvm
    When?
  • 09-03-2010
    D.F.L.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by timdvm
    When?

Immediately.

I like to put things off ;(

(if I can't find one, the bikes will fit inside, but I may need to sleep in there, so....)
  • 09-03-2010
    D.F.L.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brado1
    i'd offer mine but it's a 2" hitch

I could take the whole vehicle...

unless it's yellow.

Yeah, can't do yellow.
  • 09-03-2010
    brado1
    i think Broussard has a rack.... then i could follow you on your trip...and start selling bikes on eBay! :)
  • 09-03-2010
    D.F.L.
    I'd make some joke about it needing to be easy to use after downing 60 PBRs...

but I'm not that way. Your rack will be on overly-responsible hands and I always take care of people who help me out. And even ones who don't... but I'm working on that weakness.

;)
  • 09-04-2010
    timdvm
    My hitch rack is tied up through next weekend, but I have a trunk mount rack you could use if it would help.
    Tim
  • 09-04-2010
    salmansp
    you have tubing?
    if you have any 1 1/4 box tubing (about 14"-18") I have a Thule T2 that will work. All you have to do is drill 3 holes and wham-bam-slam, you have a rack. Let me know.
  • 09-04-2010
    D.F.L.
    Got one.

Thanks, Sam!
  • 09-05-2010
    salmansp
    You all missed out. Steve threw me and the wife and the kiddo free custom by:stickel completes for lending him a rack. WooHoo!