Rear Wheel Stolen/Need Advice on Replacment- Mtbr.com
    aarond57
    Mar 2018

New question here. Rear Wheel Stolen/Need Advice on Replacment

So iím in the military, I used to live in the barracks until I got married of course. A week before I moved out, someone stole my rear wheel along with my gears, took it all off! I really donít want to try and find a close second to my front wheel and throw off the balance of my bike. Yet I canít find anyone or any place who sells the matching wheel. I didnít build this bike, I just bought it used from a guy that was looking to upgrade. The front wheel is from Cannondale, itís a Maddux DX221 ETRTO 559X19C double wall. Help me out with this guys, appreciate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rear Wheel Stolen/Need Advice on Replacment-03c7af1b-aa66-447a-bc5b-3bdb5eb2e57e.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2005
    eBay, the Buy/Sell at Pinkbike.com, or find your local bike shop that carries Cannondale and they may have an old matching wheel collecting dust in the back.

since 4/10/2009
    That's OEM stuff. You're not likely to find an exact replacement unless you get lucky on a used one.

Getting something else that's "close" won't throw off any sort of "balance" on the bike. It'll be fine. People do that all the time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Getting something else that's "close" won't throw off any sort of "balance" on the bike. It'll be fine. People do that all the time.
    Exactly. Buy whatever suits your fancy. Whatever else you buy new nowadays will probably be better/lighter anyway. I saw a listing on Amazon for a SET of those Maddux DX221 wheels with Kenda tires for $139. I've never heard of Maddux but can tell you just two tires costs me $139 usually...

https://www.amazon.com/Maddux-Mounta.../dp/B00R3JGGSQ
    2019 Ibis Ripmo
    2019 Yeti SB5 (Sold)
    2018 Intense Tracer (Sold to son)
    2017 Intense Primer

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    Exactly. Buy whatever suits your fancy. Whatever else you buy new nowadays will probably be better/lighter anyway. I saw a listing on Amazon for a SET of those Maddux DX221 wheels with Kenda tires for $139. I've never heard of Maddux but can tell you just two tires costs me $139 usually...

https://www.amazon.com/Maddux-Mounta.../dp/B00R3JGGSQ
    lol, well, I wouldn't say THOSE two tires cost $139....I'd put the pair at $40 or less at MSRP pricing.

The tires on my fatbike, though, go for about $120 EACH, so I get your point.

Pinehurst NC
    Quote Originally Posted by aarond57 View Post
    So iím in the military, I used to live in the barracks until I got married of course. A week before I moved out, someone stole my rear wheel along with my gears, took it all off! I really donít want to try and find a close second to my front wheel and throw off the balance of my bike. Yet I canít find anyone or any place who sells the matching wheel. I didnít build this bike, I just bought it used from a guy that was looking to upgrade. The front wheel is from Cannondale, itís a Maddux DX221 ETRTO 559X19C double wall. Help me out with this guys, appreciate it.
    You anywhere near Camp Makall? If that's a 29er I can hook you up with some hoops
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Loud hubs save lives!"