Pump track- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pump track

paintbucket

Pump track

Took my kid over to the CSRA yesterday to ride FATS in the morning and try the Riverview pump track in the afternoon. He especially enjoyed the pump track and its got me wondering if there are others in the area. Anybody know? Can we make a list? I searched, but didn't find much info.

https://www.sorbacsra.org/Trails/PumpTrack.htm

Last edited by wooglin; 09-20-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member
    As far as Public Pump tracks:

I know of one close to Bent creek. Can't remember the name.

A small one at the Kids Loop at Dupont.

Slow to come, Gateway Park in Travelers Rest.

Those are the only one's I know of for sure.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

paintbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    A small one at the Kids Loop at Dupont.
    Was there in August but although we rode the skills section and the little loop, we didn't see a pump track. Where is it? Were we just not paying attention?

Nothing in Charlotte?

mtbr member
    The one at Dupont is to the right of the kids loop if you are facing it. If you ride around the woods to the right you will find it that way. I don't think the trail itself leads to it.

I have no idea about Charlotte.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

paintbucket
    Cool. We'll look for it next time we're up that way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    [QUOTE=extrmtao]"The one at Dupont is to the right of the kids loop if you are facing it. If you ride around the woods to the right you will find it that way. I don't think the trail itself leads to it."

There are also 2 access trails from the main kids loop into the pump track area. As you enter into the kids loop, go right and you should see the entrance trail to the pump track.

Yes, kids love pump tracks and will spend a lot of time (and burn a lot of calories) just riding in a really small circle. Every city park should have at least a pump track and kids skills mountain bike area.

Woody

Jamin, Applesause, No?
    I think there is one in Boiling Springs.

mtbr member
    In North Mecklenberg Park (in Huntersville on Old Statesville Road, just north of Charlotte) there is a really tiny pump track at the start of the MTB trail. By tiny I mean three banks and about 6-7 humps. It could fit in a smallish backyard.

I don't think I'd make a trip to ride just that but you could mess around on it a bit and do the trail.

But after saying that I remembered that my daughter killed almost an hour on that little pump track.

paintbucket
    [QUOTE=Woodman]
    Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    "The one at Dupont is to the right of the kids loop if you are facing it. If you ride around the woods to the right you will find it that way. I don't think the trail itself leads to it."

There are also 2 access trails from the main kids loop into the pump track area. As you enter into the kids loop, go right and you should see the entrance trail to the pump track.

Yes, kids love pump tracks and will spend a lot of time (and burn a lot of calories) just riding in a really small circle. Every city park should have at least a pump track and kids skills mountain bike area.

Woody
    Shoot. I spent a lot of time and burned a lot of calories just riding around in a really small circle.

paintbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor StrongBad
    I think there is one in Boiling Springs.
    The one near Spartanburg? Or the one in NC?

mtbr member

Pumptrack Locations

Wooglin,

I'm stoked you enjoyed the North Augusta Pumptrack, the local club and I had a ball building that thing.

As far as pumptracks in the area:

Kennilworth Neighborhood in Asheville has a great one built about 4 years ago and managed by the local property owner/rider/dad. A sign with his phone number is on the fence. You can see the track on google earh if you explore Kennilworth.

Bent Creek Park has a very small, mellow track as well as some log rides and other skills stuff that is also a few years old.

We are installing two at the Big Creek Trailhead outside of Roswell GA this Fall.

The Upstate SORBA fellas are in the fund raising phase of their project. HINT, HINT! Check out their website for more info, or maybe Mr. Mater will post a link.

I have not seen the Dupont track in the last few months. but feel it is a great start, however it could certainly use a little more local support to get it flowing better HINT, HINT!

Check out the blog in my sig for more photos of pumptracks we have built around the country. Look in the Portfolio section on the right and point and click away.

Thanks and have fun discovering a different way to ride,
    Ben

Fence guru
    Nov 2008
    southwest district park in charlotte supposedly has one - I love pump tracks and live in charlotte but have never been kind of sad - I assumed it was prob lame - i hope I am wrong. The n meck one is for dwarves and actual barbie dolls it is so tiny.

Gabe.....
    "Bent Creek Park has a very small, mellow track as well as some log rides and other skills stuff that is also a few years old."

Yep, it's all still there......the pump track is need of a little TLC but the youngest kids love it. As far as the logs go, I'm still trying to clear it to the end.
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redriderbb
    Wooglin,

The Upstate SORBA fellas are in the fund raising phase of their project. HINT, HINT! Check out their website for more info, or maybe Mr. Mater will post a link.

Ben
    Yes, we are still trying to raise funds. The Director of this for UpState SORBA is SOOOOOOO slack.

Here is the link if anyone is feeling kind:

http://www.gonnalovethisplace.com/st...&cat=10&page=1

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Made my donation to the cause. Thanks for posting the link. I would love to see the flow park become a reality! (A little fun after a ride up the Swamp Rabbit)

Third Degree Hater-Fu
    I know of 3 privately owned pump tracks in Asheville/Brevard and you just gotta be nice to the owners. Wore myself out in 5 minutes on one Saturday.
    I am not a "Role Model"

Members who have read this thread: 0