Powdercoat in Asheville

Printable View

• 05-25-2011
    kkjellquist
    Powdercoat in Asheville
    Anyone w/ direct experience with a powdercoating facility in the Asheville area? I have called two places and was quoted $150+ which seems a bit pricey for a single color job.
  • 05-25-2011
    pedalharder
    For the Dos Niner?
  • 05-25-2011
    Mike Brown
    kk- call Kevin at susexp. He's had a couple things done at PowderTek and can tell you if it's "worth it" or not.
  • 05-26-2011
    waterdogs
    Not sure if you ever drive an hour and a half South, but there's Apex here in GVL. I haven't called them yet, but plan to for my project.
  • 05-26-2011
    pisgahproductions
    Kris, I had them powder coat the 'baby gate' that we had built for the front of the house. They did an excellent job. There was a frame hanging in the shop that was gloss black and looked real nice, too. I noticed a bunch of motorcycle stuff powdered up around their shop so they at least know all about masking threads and such. I doubt they could touch Spectrum's quality but then again the cost is significantly cheaper at Powder Tek and you don't need to ship....
  • 05-26-2011
    kkjellquist
    Thanks...I'll probably go with PowderTek....I am going to do the Peace singlespeed and if it looks good my steel Coho road bike
  • 05-26-2011
    Smokebikes
    1 Attachment(s)
    Let'r rust.....
    Paint is over-rated.................:p But if you gotta, by all means keep it local.
  • 05-26-2011
    D.F.L.
    Expect good work from PowderTek, but with the likelihood of small flaws. The pricing is reasonable for what you get.