Powder Coating?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Powder Coating?

mtbr member

Powder Coating?

Where can you get a frame powder coated in Asheville/Hendersonville? How expensive is it?
    It's All Good!!

mtbr member
    Bike frames are too big for any of our WNC powder coaters. My son-in-law had to travel east of Spartanburg to get it done. Sorry, I can't recall the name but if you contact a Spartanburg bike shop I'm sure they'll know.
    IT'S CRACKERS TO SLIP A ROZZER THE DROPSY IN SNIDE

mtbr member
    PowderTek on Lyman (near 12 Bones). I've talked to them and they seem reasonable.
    Asheville Paint and Powder Coat. Not sure about their prices.

mtbr member

http://www.bealandcompanyinc.com/

Bill and Mellisa Beal support mountain bikers, B.O.M.B., and last year's Eckerd Youth Alternatives Fat Tire Festival. They can color match, specialize in hot rods, are local on Willow Road in Hendersonville, and have quoted me a reasonable price for stripping and fancy paint, although it is liquid and not powder. I would recommend stopping in to talk to them or calling them. They might do powder. Check out their website as well. I will be sending them a couple of my bikes in the next year.
    "You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

mtbr member
    +1 on PowderTek on River Rd.

Brian did a nice job on the bike I took there a couple of weeks ago. I'll be using him more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.F.L.
    +1 on PowderTek on River Rd.

Brian did a nice job on the bike I took there a couple of weeks ago. I'll be using him more.

You have to strip the paint or does Brian do it at the shop?
    It's All Good!!

mtbr member
    He can handle it. Not 100% sure if he's doing it of jobbing it out. If what you have is thin-walled, make that known. There's a blasting place near the airport that has a less-aggressive glass-bead cabinet that's more friendly to thin tubes.

I know that he has a dip-tank that's not yet set up for chemical stripping.

I have yet to find a coater in the region that has media-blasting, chemical stripping, and powder coat capabilites, in-house.

mtbr member
    S- thanks for the report on PowderTek. I'll be using them soon too and your thumbs-up means something.

mtbr member
    I dropped off my frame with Bryan at Powderteck this morning. Can't wait to get it back.
    It's All Good!!

consistent default champ
    What kind of price range are we talking? my poor bike gets beat up from my wrecks and I have a few spots that are getting groves from the cables. I think there are some kind of pads you can buy to help with cables grooves but I have been slack about looking into it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brownieinSC
    What kind of price range are we talking? my poor bike gets beat up from my wrecks and I have a few spots that are getting groves from the cables. I think there are some kind of pads you can buy to help with cables grooves but I have been slack about looking into it.

$100
    It's All Good!!

Members who have read this thread: 0