• 04-10-2011
    teamdicky
    PMBAR partner (probably) needed
    PMBAR partner wanted: Current partner 92.75% out. Getting a bionic eye installed tomorrow. Not going to be full Steve Austin for close to a month. Want to go for a win (or close to it). Single speed preferred. Must like "The Final Countdown."

Seriously, I'm taking names. Elk may be off the bike for some time, and he has told me to start looking for a more than likely replacement.

I am prepared to kill to win.

Join me or die.

• 04-10-2011
    M-U-M
    Prior to seeing this - ran into EB today at Bent Creek and made a "joke". Maybe it was fate? :yesnod:
  • 04-10-2011
    "CHIEF"
    1 Attachment(s)
    Spartacus
    "Little is known about Spartacus beyond the events of the war, and surviving historical accounts are sometimes contradictory and may not always be reliable. He was an accomplished mountain biker." Key word "was."

Mr. Dicky, you are my sworn adversary. I will not join forces but would rather tow an inflatable "friend" "behind" me all day so that I can still participate in PMBAR.

Who cares about what goes on in the woods before I cross the finish. Just as long as I have all my "mandatory" "safety" items with me at the checkpoints...
  • 04-10-2011
    driftwood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CHIEF
    "Little is known about Spartacus beyond the events of the war, and surviving historical accounts are sometimes contradictory and may not always be reliable. He was an accomplished mountain biker." Key word "was."

Mr. Dicky, you are my sworn adversary. I will not join forces but would rather tow an inflatable "friend" "behind" me all day so that I can still participate in PMBAR.

Who cares about what goes on in the woods before I cross the finish. Just as long as I have all my "mandatory" "safety" items with me at the checkpoints...

Um, I have high hopes he is going to be just fine within a week (nothing a little dog licking and super glue can't fix and whatever else is required to remove impaled branches).
    Besides, Dicky is looking for a single speed (preferred) partner anyway...
  • 04-11-2011
    teamdicky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood
    Besides, Dicky is looking for a single speed (preferred) partner anyway...

My partner could ride a geared bike, but I would have to then insist they look as much like Joey Tempest as possible.

We're leaving together,
    But still it's farewell
    And maybe we'll come back,
    To earth, who can tell?
    I guess there is no one to blame
    We're leaving ground
    Will things ever be the same again?

It's the final countdown...
  • 04-11-2011
    brado1
    You and BoyBlunder always seemed to make a cute couple

just keep the loctite away from his brakes...:rolleyes:
  • 04-11-2011
    Mountain Merlin
    1 Attachment(s)
    When a Little Bit of Pisgah Gets Under Your Skin and Grabs a Hold of Your Face
    We love you Susan! Park Ridge Hospital rules! Thank you D ****z & Woman, Chief, Driftwood!
  • 04-11-2011
    Broussard
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain Merlin
    We love you Susan! Park Ridge Hospital rules! Thank you D ****z & Woman, Chief, Driftwood!

DJC kicks Pisgah's @ss.

WITH HIS FACE !
  • 04-11-2011
    teamdicky
    1 Attachment(s)
    yup.
  • 04-15-2011
    EmilyB
    No offense to the kid, but that was the least-exciting-most-hyped reveal since Geraldo opened Al Capone's vault.

I was sure your new partner was gonna be Harlan, or Dejay, or some other superfast outtatowner. I guess this means now Thad and I can start up on the trash talking.
  • 04-15-2011
    t-jib
    I'd be your partner but I'm pretty sure you called me a ****** and an ******* in your race report from last year so...
  • 04-15-2011
    teamdicky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilyB
    No offense to the kid, but that was the least-exciting-most-hyped reveal since Geraldo opened Al Capone's vault.

I was sure your new partner was gonna be Harlan, or Dejay, or some other superfast outtatowner. I guess this means now Thad and I can start up on the trash talking.

Our agents couldn't work out the numbers.
  • 04-15-2011
    teamdicky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by t-jib
    I'd be your partner but I'm pretty sure you called me a ****** and an ******* in your race report from last year so...

Man, you just made me have to go back and read last year's report just so I could figure out who were are.

http://teamdicky.blogspot.com/2010/0...ar-report.html
  • 04-15-2011
    t-jib
    Quote:

Originally Posted by teamdicky
    Man, you just made me have to go back and read last year's report just so I could figure out who were are.

http://teamdicky.blogspot.com/2010/0...ar-report.html

It's a cruel world.

This year we'll say "its not that far, for PMBAR!" as we blaze by.
  • 04-15-2011
    teamdicky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by t-jib
    It's a cruel world.

This year we'll say "its not that far, for PMBAR!" as we blaze by.

Are you gonna leave early?