PMBAR 2011 Results- Mtbr.com
    When did you get here?!?!

PMBAR 2011 Results

Ladies and Gentlemen, The PMBAR 2011 Results:

1. Sam Koerber / Jacob McGahey
    2. Chris Brown / Charlie Roberts
    3. Dave Simpson / Tal Ingram
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PMBAR 2011 Results-pmbar-2011-results-small.jpg  

You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

zod
    Southern Fried mUni
    good stuff

mtbr member
    What are the -1:00 time bonuses for?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Kart Motzart
    What are the -1:00 time bonuses for?
    3 hour bonus for reaching the 5th checkpoint
    2 hour penalty for not following rule #13.
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

mtbr member

great stuff Eric

We made the leader board.... as rule 13 violators Oh well, we had a great time anyway and originally thought we would DNF because of it but rode anyway 'cause it was a great day to be in the woods

For those of you who went:
    Thrift> Black> Maxwell> Clawhammer> Buckhorn> S Mills> 476> 1206> Pilot> Laurel> 1206> 5000> WashCreek> Trace> Trace> Wash Creek> 5000> 1206> Bradley Crk> S Mills> Buckhorn> Clawhammer> Maxwell> Black> Thrift

The GPS had 67.8 miles and 9000 ft of climbing

Props to everyone at the checkpoints and special thanks to S Janes and the delicious cold Cokes
    many gears, some pies

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridn29s
    For those of you who went:
    Thrift> Black> Maxwell> Clawhammer> Buckhorn> S Mills> 476> 1206> Pilot> Laurel> 1206> 5000> WashCreek> Trace> Trace> Wash Creek> 5000> 1206> Bradley Crk> S Mills> Buckhorn> Clawhammer> Maxwell> Black> Thrift

The GPS had 67.8 miles and 9000 ft of climbing
    Yep, I'm glad I found out about the nickel mid-race so I had a chance to be bitter for an hour, get over it and not be a raging d**k at the finish line. It was more a ride than a race for us so I'm just glad we got our four checkpoints and had a great day in Pisgah.

We went:

Thrift>Black>Turkey Pen>Bradley Creek>1206>5000>Lower Trace/Wash Creek>Yellow>1206>Laurel>Pilot>1206>476>S Mills River>Buckhorn>Clawhammer>Maxwell>Black>Thrift

60 miles

Really appreciate all the volunteers that spent their entire weekends so we could come out and have such a great race.

drunken pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by pisgahproductions
    3 hour bonus for reaching the 5th checkpoint
    2 hour penalty for not following rule #13.
    Good to see we were the only 5cp team to keep our nickle. It only cost us 13 places and a good pirate never surrenders the booty
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

banned
    I thought rule# 13 was the best part, it took everyone that thought they knew what was going on and humbled them. It is an adventure race! PMBAR = a long day on a mtb bike with friends. 12 hours +/- 70 miles no problem.

Gabe.....
    I love this event! 13 hours, 3 check points , all day long fun............
    "Roll your own..........." http://smokebikes.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    This was my first PMBAR and my first mtb race. Couldn't have picked a better one. Only got 3 CPs, but had a great day in the forest, getting ~63 miles in. In retrospect, probably shouldn't have gone for Daniel Ridge first. I'll definitely do it again next year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by driftwood
    Good to see we were the only 5cp team to keep our nickle. It only cost us 13 places and a good pirate never surrenders the booty
    You were not the only 5 checkpointers with a nickel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    for those less fortunate souls who couldn't make it what was Rule #13?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    There was a wooden nickel in our passports that had to be turned in before we started. If not, it was a 2 hour penalty.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    That is evil.

Official Cooler Inspector
    "Read your Passport. Every word is important". After saying it three times at the pre-ride meeting and standing there with a container while other people threw in their tokens- you can't call an Evil Eric.
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

eschewing obfuscation
    what a blast! 4 checkpoints; 58 miles and 10,400 ft of up. turned in our nickel, but given the knuckleheaded route we chose, and various navigational/route mistakes we made along the way, going for daniel at the end, on ss's, would've been an evil gravel grind and probably exceeded, in ride time, the 3 hour bonus we would've earned. thanks to the volunteers, eric, the pisgah weather gods, pisgah itself, lucky otter for the post race burritos, etc. pmbar rules (so to speak)!
    "Bikes have wheels." -Noam Chomsky

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Eric, any chance on the rest of the results being listed as in previous years?

Awesome race BTW, first time at PMBAR and it was one of the best races I have done. Had a great time the entire day...even on the seemingly never-ending walk next to my bike up Turkey Pen Gap.

http://johnfkarrasch.blogspot.com/20...mbar-2011.html

Oh, and the grilled cheese was excellent. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Johnny K; 05-09-2011 at 05:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    We got 4 check points and missed the cut off by 10 minutes. It still feels like we really did something. Bradley creek sucks. Still a fun day in the woods.

drunken pirate
    Here are my thoughts on the wooden nickles:

Yes, it was in the passports. Yes, we were warned to read every word. Yes, it is an adventure race. Yes, I was expecting the unexpected. Yes, I made the mistake and it cost me 13 or more places. Yes, it was absolutely my fault.

I really don't care. The difference between 6th or 7th or 8th place and 20th place is irrelevant to me. That is not why I do these races. I do them to push my limits. This year's race did not disappoint at all and in fact kicked it up a notch for me personally. Missing the nickle thing was just one of many mistakes I made and it won't be the last time I make a mistake. Some silly nickle and where my last name falls on a white board is beside the point for me personally.

But in the six years I have done this race there has never been anything like that at all. This year there was A LOT that was different and a lot to read in the passport for the first time ever. I was busy trying to get a grasp on what roads and trails were open and closed as well as the directional things and completely over looked the fine print with the nickle buried in it .

I know several teams just quit or gave up on trying to win it when they found out about the nickle and I'm sure that is a bummer. Also, one team evidently turned around after starting and went down the closed part of Black to turn in their nickle (they somehow passed us twice on the way up). They still placed very well. If there is anything at all I find troubling about the nickle thing it is that.

It was very good to see most of the teams in the running catch the nickle at the start. Lots of impressive riding!

Overall it was another epic day in Pisgah and I have to thank Eric and Erinna and everyone else involved with the race for yet again one of the best days of my life
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

banned
    Here are my thoughts on the wooden nickles:

Yes, it was in the passports. Yes, we were warned to read every word. Yes, it is an adventure race. Yes, I was expecting the unexpected. Yes, I made the mistake and it cost me 13 or more places. Yes, it was absolutely my fault.

I really don't care. The difference between 6th or 7th or 8th place and 20th place is irrelevant to me. That is not why I do these races. I do them to push my limits. This year's race did not disappoint at all and in fact kicked it up a notch for me personally. Missing the nickle thing was just one of many mistakes I made and it won't be the last time I make a mistake. Some silly nickle and where my last name falls on a white board is beside the point for me personally.

But in the six years I have done this race there has never been anything like that at all. This year there was A LOT that was different and a lot to read in the passport for the first time ever. I was busy trying to get a grasp on what roads and trails were open and closed as well as the directional things and completely over looked the fine print with the nickle buried in it .

I know several teams just quit or gave up on trying to win it when they found out about the nickle and I'm sure that is a bummer. Also, one team evidently turned around after starting and went down the closed part of Black to turn in their nickle (they somehow passed us twice on the way up). They still placed very well. If there is anything at all I find troubling about the nickle thing it is that.

It was very good to see most of the teams in the running catch the nickle at the start. Lots of impressive riding!

Overall it was another epic day in Pisgah and I have to thank Eric and Erinna and everyone else involved with the race for yet again one of the best days of my life

Nice Wooden Nickel rant

LATE EDIT: Paul Deimer and Nate Conklin should have been on the board!!!

7:21 with 4 checkpoints. Great going guys!
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Also, one team evidently turned around after starting and went down the closed part of Black to turn in their nickle
    I heard about this during the day but was not told the names of the perps (3 teams returned, turned in their nickels, and restarted). I do remember asking 'are you filing an official complaint?' and the subject was dropped.
    Last edited by pisgahproductions; 05-08-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

"I know several teams just quit or gave up on trying to win it when they found out about the nickle and I'm sure that is a bummer. Also, one team evidently turned around after starting and went down the closed part of Black to turn in their nickle (they somehow passed us twice on the way up). They still placed very well. If there is anything at all I find troubling about the nickle thing it is that."

This is exactly the quote I was waiting for. I didn't know about the token, and when asked, said so. If folks "quit/gave up" - others gained an advantage. If someone pouched - and knew it -
    Now you're cast of steel and cast aside. Broken dreams maybe, but you haven't died

mtbr member
    Two words - GRILLED CHEESE !

Talk about "Trail Magic". Thank you sir.

Team Misfit's

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo_1

Team Misfit's

mtbr member

Team Misfit's
    Grilled Cheese and COLD COKE!! That was some of the best trail magic, ever.

That guy deserves a medal...
    If your not wreckin', your not ridin'.

rob
    slakDawg
    I'll gladly pay you tuesday (with a wooden nickle) for a grilled cheese today (well yesterday).

Thank you Wevers for an awesome day on the woods. Taking trails less traveled and routes not usually selected. Thank you volunteers. The bacon at South Mills and Bradley was thick cut and perfectly cooked. Grilled cheese at Yellow Gap definitely hit the spot. Thank you sponsors.

Finishing at the cusp between dusk and darkness, after passing local friends on the home stretch downhill, priceless.

Eric, you need to extend your board to include us pack fodder ;P

rob
    slakDawg
    And most importantly, thanks to my partner for being in it for the ride and experience.

HTFU!

Ouch, That's Gotta Hurt!

My first ever DNF. It all happened at a creek crossing 5+ miles up Bradley Creek. Big thanks to L.G. who happened to work in an ER and fixed me up with liquid stitches before continuing on his way. Mental note to get some of that for my first aid kit.
    Still, 40 miles in Pisgah (7 spinning my SS with one leg back to Turkey Pen and up to the parking lot).
    Good Times!
    PMBAR 2011 Results-knee3.1.jpg
    I no longer deserve a signature. :skep:

banned

Good job! Grilled Cheeseeeeeeesssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingrob
    Grilled Cheese and COLD COKE!! That was some of the best trail magic, ever.

That guy deserves a medal...
    Usually I'm a hater at large....but sjanes with his grill & real ice cold cokes????? Who is this guy????
    Even when I asked if we could go down 5015 he said sure just let me get your picture first ..........................................for Eric's dnf list

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Thank you Eric! We found out about the nickel 2+ hrs in and were told it was a DNF. We kept riding while hoping there would be a sick challenge at the end (pickled eggs) to clean the slate. Later on we discovered it was a two hour penalty and were very happy! Great idea Eric...we have nobody to blame but ourselves!!

4cps 12+hrs (14+ officially) w/ at least 20 creek crossings and one dent in my helmet!
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

Category Winner
    Once again, nice job Eric.

Let everybody blame me for ever saying that you need to do something to mess with the people who head up to Pressley Gap without looking at the map/passport first.

Even though I was one of the idiots this year, I commend you on the effort. I don't think anybody's gonna leave the lot so quickly next year.

It's all here:

https://teamdicky.blogspot.com/2011/...ckel-slip.html

And to think of all those nice things I said about you in my next Dirt Rag article. Gotta start working on my retraction.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

Happy, in the woods.
    Nov 2008
    The wooden nickle rule was good, but closing 5015 was pure genius.

Mega thanks to Eric and all the great volunteers for making this event happen!
    Abba Zaba, you my only friend....

mtbr member
    Nice day for a ride.

11 hours and 1 check point! 1 blown fox fork and I think I actually like going up pilot and down laurel.

mcd
    uh, uh...oh, i forget
    Jan 2004
    i had to find a riding partner at kinda short notice...my buddy is in great shape and just bought a mountain bike 2 months ago and had ridden it all of 4 or 5 times! He said of course he would do PMBAR with me...oh, he's never been to pisgah before either!

How about this for your first ever ride in pisgah!
    thrift-black-maxwell-clawhammer-buckhorn-south mills-squirrel gap-horse cove-south mills-bradley creek-1206-yellow gap-north mills-back up 1206-laurel mtn-down pilot rock as the sun is setting!

4cp's and over 50 miles, but at the bottom of pilot at 1206 we hit the wall and got a pickup truck ride back to the start finish! my first ever dq, but i had a great time.

thanks to all the volunteers and of course pisgahpro and his family...see ya next year.
    disclaimer: i (NO LONGER) live with my mom...

Politically Incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd
    thrift-black-maxwell-clawhammer-buckhorn-south mills-squirrel gap-horse cove-south mills-bradley creek-1206-yellow gap-north mills-back up 1206-laurel mtn-down pilot rock as the sun is setting!
    Hats off to Herb!!
    Wonder how he's feeling this morning?
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Photos HERE http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=707477 didn't want to bog down the Results thread witha bunch of images

mtbr member
    Awesome event! My first PMBAR, and first MTB race for that matter. Only made 2 CPs and somehow still did about 60 rolling miles. Need to know Pisgah trails better... I'll be back next year for sure to nab 4!

Addicted to Dirt
    Thanks for the good times Eric (&Erinna, volunteers etc...)

Grilled cheese and bacon CP volunteers should unite forces next year!

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Quote Originally Posted by tweezerGlint
    Awesome event! My first PMBAR, and first MTB race for that matter. Only made 2 CPs and somehow still did about 60 rolling miles. Need to know Pisgah trails better... I'll be back next year for sure to nab 4!
    It seems this year was especially challenging for out of towners....I can't imagine what it's like doing PMBAR without a prior knowledge of Pisgah. Finding Bradley Creek from 1206 for example.

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdicky
    Let everybody blame me for ever saying that you need to do something to mess with the people who head up to Pressley Gap without looking at the map/passport first.
    Awesome. I blame you.

http://cstrout.blogspot.com/2011/05/lucky-13.html

Eric, Erinna and all the volunteers, FANTASTIC. Thank you. And I hope y'all had a great Mother's Day! Always fun to see grandma out there too!

mtbr member
    My 3rd PMBAR with my partner in pain Ben. Each of the first 2 years we were out for 5 cp's but only got 4. This year we got all 5 stamps in our passport and turned in our nickle at the start.
    I learned my lesson in the 6th grade when handed a test and was told to read all of the questions first before answering any questions. The last question was that there was no test. I failed that test. Not this one. That's what a 6th grade education does for you.
    82 milles and 11,100' of climbing.
    We made the board in 23rd!
    We were super happy with that.
    This was the hardest PMBAR yet. Hope eric steps it up another notch in 2012.
    My buddy moves to Ohio this summer. But we are already making plans for PMBAR 2012.
    Thanks to all of the volunteers and Eric for a great race.

Lazy People Suck
    My first PMBAR and had a blast. I am lucky that one of my friends (Thx, John) told me about the nickel before I tore out up to Pressley. I never realized that Turkey Pen sucked so bad, particular from Turkey Pen to Black at the end of the day. It looked like the shortest route on the map, but sucked. We ended up doing 4 in 12:50, but with an injured partner who rammed her crotch into the stem wrecking on Laurel and getting a cut. She was in misery for 6 more hours, but toughed it out, despite barely being able to sit on the saddle.

My Route: Thrift>Black>Maxwell>Clawhammer>Buckhorn>South Mills>Squirrel>Horse Cove>476>Up PIlot>Laurel>1206>Yellow Gap>North Mills>Back up 1206>Bradley Creek>Turkey Pen Gap>Black>Thrift
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

mtbr member
    May 2011
    That was a fantastic day for sure. It was the first PMBAR for myself and my team mate as well. We managed to get 2 CP in about 50 miles according to the GPS. We'll be back next year, our first trip to Pisgah was an ass-whipper but left us wanting more!

Thanks to the organizers and especially the CP volunteers, you guys rock!

Quote Originally Posted by mcd
    i had to find a riding partner at kinda short notice...my buddy is in great shape and just bought a mountain bike 2 months ago and had ridden it all of 4 or 5 times! He said of course he would do PMBAR with me...oh, he's never been to pisgah before either!

4cp's and over 50 miles, but at the bottom of pilot at 1206 we hit the wall and got a pickup truck ride back to the start finish! my first ever dq, but i had a great time.

thanks to all the volunteers and of course pisgahpro and his family...see ya next year.
    I'm pretty sure it was you guys we ran into at the bottom of pilot rock just as it was getting dark. Thanks again for the ride, we sure needed it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb_daniel
    There was a wooden nickel in our passports that had to be turned in before we started. If not, it was a 2 hour penalty.
    I don't get it - what was the point of the wooden nickel rule? Just to get people to read the whole passport?

Lazy People Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist
    It seems this year was especially challenging for out of towners....I can't imagine what it's like doing PMBAR without a prior knowledge of Pisgah. Finding Bradley Creek from 1206 for example.
    Big Props to the grilled cheese guy for giving us advice on how to find Bradley Creek. I would have never found it without his advice. I was filling up my Camelbak in the creek at that point, talking to the guy camping there and he stumbled onto the Bradley Creek sign that was covered in leaves. He said he had camped there several times and had never seen a sign or even knew that the trail was there. He actually stuck it back into the ground so it could be seen.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist
    If it wasnt for a dude who had a campsite set up on 1206 we would not have found bradley crk. he was waving his arms saying "hey if you are looking for a trail it is over here!". We were so lucky he was there.

Pretty Hate Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by alefak
    If it wasnt for a dude who had a campsite set up on 1206 we would not have found bradley crk. he was waving his arms saying "hey if you are looking for a trail it is over here!". We were so lucky he was there.
    THAT is awesome. THAT is community, a community of people that just love to be in Pisgah

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Dingle
    THAT is awesome. THAT is community, a community of people that just love to be in Pisgah
    Same guy helped us out too, I was pretty sure it was there, but he confirmed it for us. He said if had known there was a race going through, he would have setup a welcome center. good guy

Just re-read my posts from yesterday - typing does not cross over well. Sorry if I came off crass. I was actually on the deck, with food, fat and happy. Congrats to ALL the folks who got to putz around in the woods!

I was really impressed with the "age mix". Anyone have a stat on the youngest rider?

Politically Incorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by M-U-M
    I was really impressed with the "age mix". Anyone have a stat on the youngest rider?
    During gear check, had a 17 y.o. sign in with his dad.
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by motoenth

Sorry Blair, that was just me and Zac.

WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoenth
    I believe that was the Hughs. Rode with them down Laurel only to have his wife pick them up as we had to struggle to get back to the lot.

drunken pirate
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    http://ashevillejanes.blogspot.com/2...5-7-pmbar.html

Above is the link to my side of the story:

The guy at the Bradley Creek trailhead was John, his wife Sarah was there too. I didn't know they were down there until they were headed out to get some food and stopped by and said hey. They have both helped at Rest Stop #2 at ORAMM for several years. Great people!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sjanes
    http://ashevillejanes.blogspot.com/2...5-7-pmbar.html

Above is the link to my side of the story:

The guy at the Bradley Creek trailhead was John, his wife Sarah was there too. I didn't know they were down there until they were headed out to get some food and stopped by and said hey. They have both helped at Rest Stop #2 at ORAMM for several years. Great people!!
    The sandwich and Coke were so good. Thank you very much.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    There is talk of Goat family visit next year during the weekend of PMBAR. May have to buy me one of those new Pisgah Maps so I can remember some of the better routes.

mtbr member
    This is the route we took for 4 CP's. (Clockwise)

mtbr member
    Looks like the exact route we except we went counterclockwise. How many miles did your GPS end up with?

I'd rather be riding!
    Do you have an elevation histogram for your route?

mtbr member
    GPS has it at 56.6 but at the speed we were walking TurkeyPen I'm pretty sure it was reading zero MPH.
    Check out the max slope - 35.2%

big legs, small brains
    How about the results for the rest of us 4 checkpoint nickel turning in folks? I can't see our names.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemason
    How about the results for the rest of us 4 checkpoint nickel turning in folks? I can't see our names.
    Well, we're working on it. I guess the spreadsheet had a glitch or two so we are reworking the results from the backup-hand written start/finish area tally.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

big legs, small brains
    Thanks Eric!

I'm waiting to see how us girlie men from Florida did!

Kyle

PS It was SWEET! Can't wait till next year to do it again!

mtbr member
    Don't be shy on including last place. I know that your wife knows how to spell my name write.

Thanks for squaring away the light and I can reimburse you for the postage. Also, cleaned Mulinax, Squirrel, Cantrell, and from Wagon Gap to Turkey Pens lot tonight. Found: one arm-warmer. And, my rhythm. Rock on!
    Last edited by "CHIEF"; 05-11-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    "You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."

Official Results Posted on the Race Website

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Nice to see the full results (and to be able to read them).
    Thanks for all who helped run and score PMBAR.
    Shouldn't the top 8 4cp finishers be placed higher up in front of some of the slower 5cp finishers whose virtual time was greater than that of some of the 4cp finishers?

PMBAR results will be REposted later this evening

We need a better scoring system. This is a royal pain in the butt!
    Brado, Thanks for all your hard work deciphering this mix of calculus and hieroglyphs!
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

big legs, small brains
    Quote Originally Posted by bikinghawk1
    Nice to see the full results (and to be able to read them).
    Thanks for all who helped run and score PMBAR.
    Shouldn't the top 8 4cp finishers be placed higher up in front of some of the slower 5cp finishers whose virtual time was greater than that of some of the 4cp finishers?

5 Aces always beats 4 Aces.......

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    ::Edit::

I meant to say I like the current setup...there is some strategy involved and some teams gamble on getting/not getting #5.

Full results are now available:

2011 PMBAR Results here.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

drunken pirate
    We need a better scoring system. This is a royal pain in the butt!
    Brado, Thanks for all your hard work deciphering this mix of calculus and hieroglyphs!
    I hate to say it, but yeah, you do need a better system. The results as posted are not accurate. I see a few teams who finished before us (we finished at a real time of 7:07) with times in listed as later. For example: #62 Pelton/LaRoy's time in says 7:34 yet they were finished, changed, looking fresh and well into the beverages when we came in. I'm guessing they really finished at 5:34. If that is the case their ranking would be more like #35.... Also, the time penalties are not accurate (thought the virtual times seem to be)...

It doesn't matter to me. Winning is not why I do these races but I can understand why some people would want to know where they rank.
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

I hate to say it, but yeah, you do need a better system. The results as posted are not accurate. I see a few teams who finished before us (we finished at a real time of 7:07) with times in listed as later. For example: #62 Pelton/LaRoy's time in says 7:34 yet they were finished, changed, looking fresh and well into the beverages when we came in. I'm guessing they really finished at 5:34. If that is the case their ranking would be more like #35.... Also, the time penalties are not accurate (thought the virtual times seem to be)...

It doesn't matter to me. Winning is not why I do these races but I can understand why some people would want to know where they rank.
    Clay and Everyone else: Do me a favor and if you see something specific that looks fishy, let me know via message/FB/email. I have backups and can verify mistakes, it's just that we need to be alerted to them. I'll be happy to have them changed for posterity.
    IMHO, The results are rather accurate except for a few randoms

edit* Also, we have Pisgah Productions' crack team of I.T. experts crafting the best fraking spreadsheet you've ever seen as I type!
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

Addicted to Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoatepics
    There is talk of Goat family visit next year during the weekend of PMBAR. May have to buy me one of those new Pisgah Maps so I can remember some of the better routes.
    Do it. We still have some unfinished business up in them thar fills...

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Clay and Everyone else: Do me a favor and if you see something specific that looks fishy, let me know via message/FB/email. I have backups and can verify mistakes, it's just that we need to be alerted to them. I'll be happy to have them changed for posterity.
    IMHO, The results are rather accurate except for a few randoms

edit* Also, we have Pisgah Productions' crack team of I.T. experts crafting the best fraking spreadsheet you've ever seen as I type!
    Coming soon to a Pisgah Productions event near you....the Virtual White Board!! Real time scoring, results, odds* and betting*.

*not really

2012 PMBAR spectators

We have Pisgah Productions' crack team of I.T. experts crafting the best fraking spreadsheet you've ever seen as I type!
    yeah, yeah

banned

I don't really care but........

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qtg3MwvYfEE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qtg3MwvYfEE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

mtbr member

Although my partner and I took the most difficult route possible to capture 4 checkpoints in 14+ hours, we had a great time!

FYI: The river crossings on Bradley Creek are nothing compared to those on South Mills River. I now feel like to belong to some sort of cult for riding/wading that trail end to end. Kinda like Turkey pen from East to West

mtbr member
    Unless I am in the top ten I don't really care but what Driftwood has said here is not accurate. We came in a few minutes before Papenfus who on the original white board was written to come in at an actual of 7:11 and when I confirm with my wife (she was soberer than me) she did confirm that we came in a "little" after 7.

Our position on the results is probably close to reality.

Thanks to Pisgah Productions and all the volunteers!!
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Just curious, does any one know who got the cash for being first to Pressley and first to Trace Ridge?

Sorry but not surprised to hear about the confusion. With so many teams, I am sure it get insane trying to keep track. But, I think the race was more fun for having such a lot of different ways to gain and lose time so thanks for doing it that way.

Thanks again for an awesome day in the woods Eric and Errina.

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyB
    Just curious, does any one know who got the cash for being first to Pressley and first to Trace Ridge?

Sorry but not surprised to hear about the confusion. With so many teams, I am sure it get insane trying to keep track. But, I think the race was more fun for having such a lot of different ways to gain and lose time so thanks for doing it that way.

Thanks again for an awesome day in the woods Eric and Errina.
    Don't know who it is, but I would bet a paper dollar they did not turn in their wooden nickel.
    I no longer deserve a signature. :skep:

mtbr member
    You must mean these lucky boys.(wonder twin powers...ACTIVATE....form of...)

Been camping at the beach. Cool to come back to find ya'll upgraded the scoring system! I'll miss the old days.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 0