Please HELP, NC- Mtbr.com

Thread: Please HELP, NC

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Please HELP, NC

I need help from you North Carolinians... I will be coming from Beaufort, SC and my friend will be coming from the Portsmouth, VA area. We are trying to plan a mtb trip in NC, we are looking for somewere that has a good bit of good XC/Singletrack trails in the middle, the middle would be central to eastern NC. I hear that there is some great stuff in western NC but now we are looking at each driving 7-8hrs, we are hoping to keep that drive time to around 3-4hrs...

please give us some sugestions, thank you

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I live in Raleigh, which would be between you two, but I've never really thought of our area as a destination mtb spot. Go to trianglemtb.com for list of trails in the area. The bandits aren't listed, but you can find out about them through pm. It's possible to put together 50 mile rides that don't duplicate trail. I'm ChrisW over there.

pronounced may-duh
    FATS close to you, sucks for your friend.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    we are trying to find some good trails, are they flat (bad)? sorta fast, up-down, technical, man-made stuff we like... i will check out the places you both have recomended, thank you...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Maida7
    FATS close to you, sucks for your friend.
    what is FATS??

pronounced may-duh
    Fork Area Trail System. It's near Augusta GA. Fantastic XC trail system. Built by mtn bikers for mtn biking. Lotsa rollers and flow. Very fast and fun.

There is also several other good trail systems near Augusta but FATS is the most popular.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    ahhh, sounds like a fun spot!! thanks

i might have to check it out one weekend

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Not sure what you mean by up-down. When I want that, I email Maida7 and tell him that I'm coming his way. Sorta fast is all up to your legs. Raleigh is not flat, but there are no mountains here.

With no knowledge of the type of riders you are, I'd suggest Dark Mountain, Overmountain Victory Trail, and Warrior Creek for a destination weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 0