Pisgah "volunteer" trail work (fail)- Mtbr.com
    researcher

Cool-blue Rhythm Pisgah "volunteer" trail work (fail)

Long Branch is not a trail that I would normally be complaining about, since complaining about Long Branch is inherently redundant, but I have a bone to pick. Hopefully this won't concern anyone here, as I'm sure you/we all know better than to do this. Had to be hikers.

Preface aside, some speedy genius made the most efficient trip ever up the bottom half of Long Branch with a pair of loppers, and by "most efficient" I mean to say that they didn't waste any time trying to determine whether or not they had actually improved anything. It looks like Edward Scissorhands ran through the trail with his arms in a straightjacket. Come on.

If anyone knows who the perp is, please tell them to first, A: improve their trail work skillz, and then B: work on any of the fifty *good* trails in the woods that actually need some lovely person to hike up them and remove (not reorient) the crap that's already impaling people.

Thanks, have a nice day.
    The smallest oceans still get big, big waves.

drunken pirate
    Welcome to the NC/SC board . As our resident one time category winner says: nothing is reasonable here.

I'm sure that work had to be done by a hiker. Or maybe an equestrian (we don't like them either). I can't believe users work to keep the corridor open on gutter trails like Long Branch when we have 50 other 'good' trails they should be working on instead. Isn't there a ridge somewhere near Long Branch we could reroute that trail onto?
    More Trails, Not Less

Adventures in Pisgah

Category Winner
    Here here!

There there!
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    huh.

if only in the spirit of schadenfreude, i enjoy long branch. a connoisseur's trail if you will.

mtbr member
    It is annual maintenance.... same thing last year as I recall. You can always use Cemetery as an alternate, it comes out at the same place on 475 and it's way less muddy.
    many gears, some pies

Jamin, Applesause, No?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jamatt
    huh.

if only in the spirit of schadenfreude, i enjoy long branch. a connoisseur's trail if you will.
    Thanks for making me look up a word on wikipedia...ya jerk!

mtbr member
    It'll grow back.

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by D.F.L.
    It'll grow back.
    That's what she said. Right Dicky?

researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by D.F.L.
    It'll grow back.
    I take solace from the thought that it will, and then someone can cut it off waaayyyy back against the trunk. I like my eyes in their sockets. Also, as the resident optimist, give me an estimate of how long it will take before someone does some "volunteer" modification of the new and improved switchback on Sycamore?
    The smallest oceans still get big, big waves.

Members who have read this thread: 0